eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Dont hit the paypal tax i.d limit..period!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/125438-dont-hit-paypal-tax-i-d-limit-period.html)

Bigcheeze45 04-12-2019 07:40 PM

Dont hit the paypal tax i.d limit..period!!

So I hit the tax i.d limit last year on my stealth paypal account. I applied for and got my LLC and upgraded to business on the paypal account. Tried listing an item on ebay and got the
"Email address cannot be used for paypal payments at this time"
So I call paypal customer service, which took forever to get through, and tried to get the email address reset because i did upgraded and verified the business bank account . They wanted
Social sec #
Bank statement with addy
Basically 3 forms of i.d. Now of course I cant provide that. The paypal account is now toast. Lesson learned...DO NOT HIT THE TAX LIMIT. Once they shut ya down for tax i.d they dont let ya back with out identification..period.
I'm thinkin it's better to get the account good then upgrade to business before ya get close to the limits and they ask for i.d . Am I wrong? I have active accounts that are established a bit with good feedback. I also have 2 LLC's ready to go.
Somebody please advise

Bigcheeze45 04-12-2019 07:43 PM

Re: Dont hit the paypal tax i.d limit..period!!

On another note...I requested to be one of the new ebay payment thingys( ebay end to end sales) ..sorry ,dont know what it's called. So hopefully the ebay account can be salvaged

Leader2dark 04-12-2019 08:36 PM

Let us know how the new ebay payment system goes for you. Soon everyone will need to use that anyway. So forget PayPal. At least for eBay sellers.

And yes, not hitting the tax limit is great, but higher volume sellers don't have that option without insane numbers of accounts.

slokor 04-12-2019 10:39 PM

The new system is by Adyen and is only open for invited members at the moment as it is still in Beta.

glacier922 04-12-2019 10:41 PM

what ever happened to providing ein, and then last 4 of social? That does not work anymore?

Bigcheeze45 04-13-2019 01:12 AM

The problem ( I think ) was I got to the final limit to where they lock ya up till ya provide it. So it seems that at that point ,they WANT i.d..period. I went in,upgraded to biz,supplied LLC info,used last 4 of ein as social, added my biz banking account,verified it. When I tried to list an item I got the message about not being able to use that paypal email. Made the dreaded call to paypal and they said they need social and all this other crap.
As far as the adzen thing..I'm fine waiting but hopefully not long..long.
I am a higher volume seller so I'm gonna upgrade a good standing account before it gets too close to asking for i.d. . I'll be sure to have other accounts building up as well. I dont really wanna have a whole lotta accounts ..just a few that feed the need and I dont have to worry about that limit crap

glacier922 04-13-2019 03:30 AM

So you could have provided ein earlier and you would not have to provide id? That’s what I’m seeing you saying. They bothered you to provide ein for too long, and then finally when they absolutely demanded for that ein, they wanted id as well, is that what you are saying?

Bigcheeze45 04-13-2019 05:46 AM

That's the way I take it..I could be wrong.
They ask for tax i.d 2 times then limit the account. My thinkin is if I would have had the account goin and upgraded at some point BEFORE they asked for i.d because I was reaching my limit ..it would have been fine
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

yankee 04-13-2019 06:44 AM

I would personally never add an EIN until I have been asked for it.

You are the only person I have ever read about being asked for docs to unlock a tax limited paypal account.

Did you have an active real phone number on the account?

Bigcheeze45 04-13-2019 08:59 AM

I use smart phone
Why wouldn't you add an LLC?

Kajunrook 04-13-2019 09:01 AM

In the past you could upgrade and add an EIN, now they want ID, documents, etc to verify identity on EINS. Slowly but slowly closing loopholes for SSN avoidance

Bigcheeze45 04-13-2019 09:02 AM

Maybe it's a new thing with them ? Or I was just the unlucky one..lol.
I use all real banks and real phone numbers

yankee 04-13-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 994089)
In the past you could upgrade and add an EIN, now they want ID, documents, etc to verify identity on EINS. Slowly but slowly closing loopholes for SSN avoidance

How many times has this happened to you Kajun?

agent006140 04-13-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 994089)

agree,they have found the Achilles Heel !

Bigcheeze45 04-13-2019 11:48 AM

Even with an LLC?

agent006140 04-14-2019 09:31 AM

it is just a matter of time,they want your SSN,unless you are OFFICE DEPOT,BESTBUY,USPS !

yankee 04-14-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 994377)
it is just a matter of time,they want your SSN,unless you are OFFICE DEPOT,BESTBUY,USPS !

fear monger.

Bigcheeze45 04-14-2019 07:38 PM

I'm wondering if I jumped the gun a little bit.
When you switch paypal to business..do they send you a notification telling you that everything's official? I'm asking because when I called it kinda seemed like they thought it was to remove the tax limitation. They never once mentioned about the LLC. I switched to LLC and tried to list on ebay in the same day. Not the most patient thing I ever did..lol

Omgoozle 04-17-2019 01:41 PM

Just to follow up and concur: My normal SOP was to allow accounts to hit the Tax Limit each year, get frozen, and then wait until Mid-February to let them open up and have access to the money.

This year, that did not happen as it usually does. Those Tax-Limited accounts now have the Claim-It button and while i do have to do the new hop-skip-jump to get PP to add a bank account to them, it has become increasingly difficult.

Lucynda 04-17-2019 03:29 PM

They are asking you for docs when you upgrade to a business account too. I have one I upgraded that is waiting on docs. I can still deposit to my bank account at this time though. I plan to give them ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs. They don't have access to DMV or government records, only public records

RichardCard82 04-18-2019 11:08 AM

Damn so this means the age of stealthing is pretty much over

bman707 04-20-2019 03:35 PM

you can make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ doc and yes they can only access public records