Is it okay to receive large transactions for me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Is it okay to receive large transactions for me?

Hello, so I've been searching about it for a while and haven't found a solid answer that you suit my situation well, I've browsed many topics on this forum and finally decided that best is to register and ask the community for advice, it would really be appreciated! Here is info about the case:

-I've been re-selling digital items for a while now, but lately (last year) I was mostly selling on platforms and payments I were receiving were almost all from same payers with big accounts, last year I got both 20k$+(not far) (looks like will be way higher than that this year), 200+(way more) transactions, but didnt get any message from paypal, all I did was verify identity (I verified with my real ID, attached my real bank account, real address proof), I guess I haven't got anything from paypal becouse im from EU not US.

And lately, I am starting to receive less payments but much higher sums, if before they were few hundred per transaction, now it may be rarely few hundred and sometimes few thousand EUR, and maybe will be receiving around 3-5k EUR per month or a bit more, and I am worried if paypal will ask that thing with supplier documents/etc/etc, I wont be able to provide that, as nothing like that exist, everything is discussed through chat with me and buyer&seller and no invoices exist.

summed up:

-paypal around 2,5yrs old, been using constantly

-will start to receive high payments to it (1k+ eur per transaction), which is unusual for my paypal as before there were more transactions but much more little

-verified with my real identity

-I don't withdraw most of the money to my bank, I actually mostly store my money on paypal not bank, so i've never been low on paypal balance

-all payments will be received from company paypals/all are very high in volumes and will be same all the time, will not receive payments from particular people, I am not selling anything on ebay, just bought some stuff there before, since paypal & ebay are my real and personal.

-My paypal is a Premier account

-around 90% of money that go out of my paypal, I withdraw them to my bank, also worried about how much can I withdraw, becouse Items that I buy to resell, I buy them with my bank not paypal.

-I did have disputes when I was selling to particular buyers (1+ years ago)

soo my big question is, am I safe to receive those big payments? I don't want to wake up once and see on email that paypal has limited me and asking for documents as I wont be able to provide them.

Also I want to create transferwise account and card, so I can withdraw money to buy items for sale from there without having them to go through my local bank account.

Any advice will be much appreciated! Sorry if too many text, kinda hard to explain, please ask me anything if needed something else!

Last edited by Ppler22; 04-14-2019 at 01:12 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Is it okay to receive large transactions for me?

Quote:
-will start to receive high payments to it (1k+ eur per transaction), which is unusual for my paypal as before there were more transactions but much more little
This is very risky. What items are you planning to sell with 1K worth per transaction?
This definitely will ring their bill and manually review your whole account activity, and may resulted for the request of docs.

Quote:
-around 90% of money that go out of my paypal, I withdraw them to my bank, also worried about how much can I withdraw, becouse Items that I buy to resell, I buy them with my bank not paypal.
It is definitely not recommended to store a lot of funds in your paypal balance.
Well that is just for me, anytime PayPal will limit any accounts without even disclosing the reason.

Last edited by WEI; 04-14-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEI View Post
This is very risky. What items are you planning to sell with 1K worth per transaction?
This will be definitely will ring their bill and manually review your whole account activity, and may resulted for the request of docs.

It is definitely not recommended to store a lot of funds in your paypal balance.
Well that is just for me, anytime PayPal will limit any accounts without even disclosing the reason.
1. I resell items in some video games, website where I sell them sends me the money every X amount of time, so it sums up to a big amount per transaction

2. Well yeah, paypal is just pretty much the only way to receive the payments + all the verifications are real with my identity
Old 04-14-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

plenty of paypal folks sell digital items with no proof of vendor invoice,but smaller amount,but if you have been selling all along for under $1k with no dispute or chargeback,Paypal may not ask and you said it would be 3-5k a month,thats not that much for an established account with good records.
Unless they are coming in fast and furious!
Old 04-14-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppler22 View Post
1. I resell items in some video games, website where I sell them sends me the money every X amount of time, so it sums up to a big amount per transaction

2. Well yeah, paypal is just pretty much the only way to receive the payments + all the verifications are real with my identity
Ah i see. If you can cut the transactions lower than 1K per transaction that would be the best to stay safe.
Old 04-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppler22 View Post

no one knows how Paypal security system work unless you work for Paypal security.
The website which sent you fund on a regular basis,if it is a legit site and send fund to other Payal members with no problem,it would be a plus.
I know Paypal encourages business to use them as payroll system,some employers pay their contractors via Paypal,which is unfair as contractors end up paying 2.9.-4.4 % of their paycheck to Paypal/
Old 04-14-2019

Quote:
Ah i see. If you can cut the transactions lower than 1K per transaction that would be the best to stay safe.
he cant,he sell on a website and that website forwards him the money ,it could be a collection of various transactions.
But if this website is registered with Paypal and has a legit website and do this regularly ,disbursing fund to many Paypal recipients,that should be a plus.
I recall Youtube may be doing this as well,someone makes a video and upload to Youtube,he gets paid via Paypal??
Old 04-14-2019

Quote:
he cant,he sell on a website and that website forwards him the money ,it could be a collection of various transactions.
But if this website is registered with Paypal and has a legit website and do this regularly ,disbursing fund to many Paypal recipients,that should be a plus.
I recall Youtube may be doing this as well,or a company which features films on Youtube ,someone makes a video for them and upload to Youtube,he gets paid via Paypal??
Old 04-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
plenty of paypal folks sell digital items with no proof of vendor invoice,but smaller amount,but if you have been selling all along for under $1k with no dispute or chargeback,Paypal may not ask and you said it would be 3-5k a month,thats not that much for an established account with good records.
Unless they are coming in fast and furious!
Yeah, hopefully! Actually Im pretty sure it will be more volume than that, but still..

Quote:
I recall Youtube may be doing this as well,or a company which features films on Youtube ,someone makes a video for them and upload to Youtube,he gets paid via Paypal??
yep, that is my exact situation, my hope is that since website has well established account and what they will be sending to me is just a liitle tiny bit of their huge huge volume, so there wont be any risk flag under my acc
Old 04-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Also, the fact that I was over 20k$ and 200+ transactions last year, does it mean anything, or its actually all good since I am in EU not US ?
Old 04-14-2019

you can always ask that website to vouch for you.
plenty of sellers exceed $20k and 200 transactions,thats for US sellers as pAYPAL has to send copy of tax form called 1099 to iNTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE.
IF you are not a US citizen or resident,you dont file US TAX RETURN
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Ppler22 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-14-2019

IF YOU ARE a US citizen or green card resident,you have to file US income tax AND NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE,for detail info,go to www.irs.com
Old 04-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
you can always ask that website to vouch for you.
plenty of sellers exceed $20k and 200 transactions,thats for US sellers as pAYPAL has to send copy of tax form called 1099 to iNTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE.
IF you are not a US citizen or resident,you dont file US TAX RETURN
well, since im EU and last year I had both of these criterias exceeded, I guess I can forget bout those as for.

Also you know if VBA Transferwise is a good idea to tie to my Paypal and witdraw money there also ?

Also my paypal is Premier, not Business, is it ok ?

Last edited by Ppler22; 04-14-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum Ppler22 - all the best as you master stealth

agent is taking a lot of time to help you - thank him
Old 04-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum Ppler22 - all the best as you master stealth

agent is taking a lot of time to help you - thank him
Thank you

of course! I am really thankful for agent, it's a big help and privellege to be able to get help from someone who actually knows about the theme.. I am really thankful to you agent, and to everyone who replied for taking your time to look into my case and help me with advice, It really helps me a lot. thank you!
Old 04-15-2019

you are welcome,glad to be of help
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Ppler22 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019

Longevity: 73%

Just a side note, i was selling digital items for a long time valued under £15.00 for all my transactions. Then i accepted £350.00 and £400 and i was limited to provide proof of the transactions.
I submitted my driving license and they wanted proof of delivery for the x2 transactions i recieved.
When i phoned paypal they told me they want invoices for all my digital items.
I ignored her and instead added notes for the transactions "gifts for concert ticket i paid for 6 month ago "

i woke up next morning and my account was restored.
So thanks God i didn't listen to the agent on the phone.

Receiving random large payments can limit your account, you may get away with it, but if its "strange" or "inconsistent" with your regular payments, its possible.

This was about 6 month ago.

However if your going to be receiving regular large payments expect an account limitation, they are obviously going to want to know whats changed.

I also sell on kingquin and on my last payout, its been delayed because, yes even kingquin get limited.
So im still waiting for them to resolve it even now.

Last edited by surplus; 04-16-2019 at 09:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to surplus For This Useful Post:
Ppler22 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplus View Post
Just a side note, i was selling digital items for a long time valued under £15.00 for all my transactions. Then i accepted £350.00 and £400 and i was limited to provide proof of the transactions.
I submitted my driving license and they wanted proof of delivery for the x2 transactions i recieved.
When i phoned paypal they told me they want invoices for all my digital items.
I ignored her and instead added notes for the transactions "gifts for concert ticket i paid for 6 month ago "

i woke up next morning and my account was restored.
So thanks God i didn't listen to the agent on the phone.

Receiving random large payments can limit your account, you may get away with it, but if its "strange" or "inconsistent" with your regular payments, its possible.

This was about 6 month ago.

However if your going to be receiving regular large payments expect an account limitation, they are obviously going to want to know whats changed.

I also sell on kingquin and on my last payout, its been delayed because, yes even kingquin get limited.
So im still waiting for them to resolve it even now.
oh that is a very similar situation to my! Is your account in US? Is it Buisness or Premier? I think maybe since im EU it may pass okay, I will be receiving around 2k USD next payment, I really hope it will go though normally, or either since all the info in my account is my real verified, hopefully I will be able to solve it.

The £350.00 and £400 you received was it F&F payment?
And is the money from kinguin, just delayed payment and you dont need to provide any additional info to Paypal?

Thank you very much for reply!
Old 04-17-2019

Longevity: 73%

Yes it was friends family.
Account in question was UK and business.
No kinguins PayPal is limited but support said they are almost there and almost have it restored. I don’t have to provide anything.