eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal says I MUST have Photo ID in order to withdraw (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/127130-paypal-says-i-must-have-photo-id-order-withdraw.html)

Karbonis 06-17-2019 05:38 AM

PayPal says I MUST have Photo ID in order to withdraw

https://i.ibb.co/CwcDL92/photoid.jpg

around 150 days prior to this, a PayPal employee told me, if I leave the account in the current state (No bank added, no ID added, literally just an empty account with money on it) I will be able to withdraw in 180 days.

And now they hit me with this, that I need to prove it's me. Obviously it's a stealth account, so I can't provide an ID. What do I do?

Thanks

jas 06-17-2019 05:57 AM

Re: PayPal says I MUST have Photo ID in order to withdraw

They’ve started doing this with some 180 day limited accounts recently. It’s no longer a guarantee that you can withdraw your funds after the 180 days

Only thing you can do is provide them what they are asking for

Karbonis 06-17-2019 05:59 AM

You're telling me if I don't provide an ID, my money will forever rot in that paypal account?

kk4356 06-17-2019 06:17 AM

Yes they will hold the $ until you show them Id when you go to your setting are you able to change the name on the PayPal if is possible do it with someone you know then provaide the name that you change .

dealagreeproceed 06-17-2019 06:30 AM

what country is your pp account in???

Karbonis 06-17-2019 06:52 AM

it's registered as United Kingdom, and i'm in Hungary. it's not possible to change the name anyway. Should I try getting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id?

jas 06-17-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbonis (Post 1011655)
it's registered as United Kingdom, and i'm in Hungary. it's not possible to change the name anyway. Should I try getting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id?

If your going to submit docs make sure they are high quality to give you the best chance. You only really get one shot at this stage

Karbonis 06-17-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 1011658)
If your going to submit docs make sure they are high quality to give you the best chance. You only really get one shot at this stage

Yeah, I get it, but can they legally just hold on to my money? Paypal's a sketchy disgusting company who take advantage of small businesses.

I've heard people who were in a similar situation (they couldnt get their money after 180 days) and they kind of 'threatened' paypal with the law and etc etc in a long email, and paypal got scared and gave them the ability to withdraw.

Pretty sure I should be able to get my money in 180 days, without me needing to provide anything, no?

K.aa 06-17-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbonis (Post 1011655)

I think Paypal have upgraded their document verification process or something. I provided a flawless ID which was still rejected :confused:

Karbonis 06-17-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.aa (Post 1011687)
I think Paypal have upgraded their document verification process or something. I provided a flawless ID which was still rejected :confused:

so what are you planning to do?

agent006140 06-17-2019 08:17 AM

are you sure this is from PAYPAL??

Karbonis 06-17-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1011692)
are you sure this is from PAYPAL??

what do you mean? of course it is

yankee 06-17-2019 11:51 AM

It can be very tricky to get money out of paypal if they feel you are not who you say you are. I have $2995 in one and just this past March was able to get funds from 2015 limitations on multiple accounts.

SaiJin 06-17-2019 12:12 PM

Hve you tried calling paypal and see if there's an agent that can just withdraw your funds to your bank account?

Karbonis 06-17-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1011769)
Hve you tried calling paypal and see if there's an agent that can just withdraw your funds to your bank account?

No, because the 180 days are gonna be over in like 2 weeks. I might make a call though if I won't be able to withdraw.

yankee 06-17-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbonis (Post 1011790)
No, because the 180 days are gonna be over in like 2 weeks. I might make a call though if I won't be able to withdraw.

Ahhh... you jumped the gun on this post.

NORMALLY you can withdraw funds after 180 days. They send you an email saying you can withdraw the vast majority of the time. As long as you have a bank account attached, once you receive the email, you log in and withdraw.

I believe most of us was assuming that the 180 days was already up and you were having problems. That is mostly when you dont have a bank account attached that you will run into this issue.

I would try to add a bank account now. You will need one on sooner or later anyways.

agent006140 06-17-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbonis (Post 1011694)
what do you mean? of course it is

I just read the email from Paypal,does it sound like Paypal?
'like your account is like a bank account?'
when in doubt,forward the email to spoof@paypal.com,they will tell you quickly if it is from Paypal

Karbonis 06-17-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1011793)
Ahhh... you jumped the gun on this post.

NORMALLY you can withdraw funds after 180 days. They send you an email saying you can withdraw the vast majority of the time. As long as you have a bank account attached, once you receive the email, you log in and withdraw.

I believe most of us was assuming that the 180 days was already up and you were having problems. That is mostly when you dont have a bank account attached that you will run into this issue.

I would try to add a bank account now. You will need one on sooner or later anyways.

It doesn't let me add a bank account as of right now. It says 'We're not able to process the request right now'. Really hope I'll be able to get my money in 2 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1011840)
when in doubt,forward the email to spoof@paypal.com,they will tell you quickly if it is from Paypal

That's just the usual paypal support experience. i've got worse lol. The post is actually a screenshot from paypal.com's message center so it's 100% legit.

WEI 06-17-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1011840)

The screenshot he showed is obviously from PayPal's official website UI.

KnowTheGame 06-17-2019 06:26 PM

I have read in the past that while in the USA, PayPal 'must' release funds after 180 days, they don't have to in other parts of the world. Not sure if rumor or true.

Karbonis 06-17-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowTheGame (Post 1011844)
I have read in the past that while in the USA, PayPal 'must' release funds after 180 days, they don't have to in other parts of the world. Not sure if rumor or true.

So basically if they dont release my money, and reject a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID I provide, my money will be forever stuck and paypal will keep getting that sweet interest. Doesnt sound too good lol. Do people buy limited pp accounts with money in them? i'm kinda lost here, lol, it hasn't even been 180 days but I've already lost hope

agent006140 06-17-2019 08:16 PM

180 days has to do with cc chargeback,other countries may have different rules.
is the bank you want to add,been added to another account?