eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal Asking Verification Questions to Add Bank Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/127718-paypal-asking-verification-questions-add-bank-account.html)

Kristian 07-07-2019 07:43 PM

PayPal Asking Verification Questions to Add Bank Account

So I just ran into a new problem trying to add a bank account to a stealth PayPal Account today.

When I try to add the bank account via writing in the bank account number and routing number, PayPal shows a prompt that they want to verify that it is really me. They give me two options to do this. Either send a code to my email, or answer a few questions.

When I pick the send a code to my email option, and I enter the code into PayPal, then they still want to ask me a few questions even though the code was correct.

The questions they ask are one of those identity verification questions. Like which one of these counties have of you lived in before? Which one of these cars have you been associated with? Which one of these addresses have you lived in before? Questions like that.... that I obviously can't answer on a stealth account.

Any idea how to get past this? I know before they send a code to original phone number which I have, but I guess they are not doing that anymore.

nickopedia 07-07-2019 10:39 PM

Re: PayPal Asking Verification Questions to Add Bank Account

This could depend on many things such as:

What type of IP are you using (data center or residential)
What type of phone # (virtual or real mobile carrier)

How old is this account?

Kristian 07-07-2019 11:08 PM

The account is 8 months old. It originally had one of those Virtual Bank accounts attach to it when I bought it from the seller. I sold very few items on it, and never withdrew any money. Has about $500 in it right now, so I decided to add another bank account (a proper Chase bank account) and withrdaw money. That's when I got hit with this dilemma.

The account has an active Google Voice number. But PayPal never asked to send a code to it for verification.

I am using a hotspot from my phone for the IP solution. I've been using this method an all my 10+ accounts and never ran into any problems.

nickopedia 07-07-2019 11:18 PM

Your IP address would probably be fine, but you might want to add a mobile (prepaid number)

I had two accounts like this where the QSC came up when I tried adding a new bank account. I ended up adding a prepaid phone and had to wait for about a month for it to clear.

shelfer.org 07-08-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristian (Post 1016984)
So I just ran into a new problem trying to add a bank account to a stealth PayPal Account today.

When I try to add the bank account via writing in the bank account number and routing number, PayPal shows a prompt that they want to verify that it is really me. They give me two options to do this. Either send a code to my email, or answer a few questions.

When I pick the send a code to my email option, and I enter the code into PayPal, then they still want to ask me a few questions even though the code was correct.

The questions they ask are one of those identity verification questions. Like which one of these counties have of you lived in before? Which one of these cars have you been associated with? Which one of these addresses have you lived in before? Questions like that.... that I obviously can't answer on a stealth account.

Any idea how to get past this? I know before they send a code to original phone number which I have, but I guess they are not doing that anymore.

if u have real name and ssn then i can help you.if it stealth then sorry

Kristian 07-08-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 1017004)
Your IP address would probably be fine, but you might want to add a mobile (prepaid number)

I had two accounts like this where the QSC came up when I tried adding a new bank account. I ended up adding a prepaid phone and had to wait for about a month for it to clear.

Which phones service did you use? I used Tracfone back in the day, but I remember that they had problems with having the PayPal verification codes sent to them via text message.

agent006140 07-08-2019 07:54 AM

-----------------------
if this is a stealth account you bought from someone,Paypal must have record of the answers to those questions?
Can you just spend that $500,then abandon the account,since you have ten more to play with,instead of giving wrong answers to those questions.

rsot 07-08-2019 08:19 AM

@OP, after adding the new bank account, how long did you wait to try and withdraw the money?

Kristian 07-08-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1017075)
@OP, after adding the new bank account, how long did you wait to try and withdraw the money?

I never tried to withdraw money using the new bank account because I was never able to add it. I get those questions when I try to add the bank account, not withdraw money.

shelfer.org 07-08-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1017075)

maximum time 72 hours

nodeal 07-08-2019 09:43 AM

The problem was with your VBA. When you add a bank account, and then go to add a second bank, they will hit you with this verification.

If you do not have a VCC attached to the account then you must attach one and confirm it. Let the account sit for a week or so. After waiting this time go to add your Chase bank. PP will then give you 3 methods of verification:
-Email code
-confirm your VCC number
- answer database questions

They will allow you to verify your identity by doing 2 out of the 3: have a code emailed, and confirming your VCC number.

You should be able to add your Chase bank successfully once completing this.

Kristian 07-08-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodeal (Post 1017100)
The problem was with your VBA. When you add a bank account, and then go to add a second bank, they will hit you with this verification.

If you do not have a VCC attached to the account then you must attach one and confirm it. Let the account sit for a week or so. After waiting this time go to add your Chase bank. PP will then give you 3 methods of verification:
-Email code
-confirm your VCC number
- answer database questions

They will allow you to verify your identity by doing 2 out of the 3: have a code emailed, and confirming your VCC number.

You should be able to add your Chase bank successfully once completing this.

Thanks! I will definately give that a try.

crolspo 02-08-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristian (Post 1017116)
Thanks! I will definately give that a try.

Hi Kristian, did you solve it?
I'm having the same problem:doh:
Thanks!

stealthnorris 04-23-2021 03:50 PM

Im wondering if anyone was able to solve this with the VCC method recently?

I have a decent chunk of funds stuck in PP and my old bank account was taken off and I tried to add a new bank account and came across the verification error.

I called in and they asked me database questions. I am now looking to add a VCC, I have already changed and updated the number to a valid number I have access to.

I still have access to the email as well.