eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Virtual machine and WebGL + (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/128882-virtual-machine-webgl.html)

MavericksLuck 08-15-2019 04:59 PM

Virtual machine and WebGL +

1) Should I use WebGL enabled onto virtual machine (for example Virtualbox)?
- https://amiunique.org shows "WebGL Renderer - Google SwiftShader", which is Google CPU renderer. I not sure if there exist PCs without GPU. Any GPU, like united with CPU/motherboard or discrete.
Isn't it suspicious? Like you own not mobile device and use CPU render.

2) So if I'll use VMware (which able support GPU render) is it possible to somehow setup virtal GPU brandname? Cuz If I'll get "WebGL Renderer - ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce RTX etc..)" (as my host OS shows) on all of VMs - it will be definitely suspicious.

3) Also should I use different mac address for each VM/PP account or it doesn't matter for only browser use?

Pandoras_box 08-28-2019 04:32 PM

Re: Virtual machine and WebGL +

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavericksLuck (Post 1026816)
1) Should I use WebGL enabled onto virtual machine (for example Virtualbox)?
- https://amiunique.org shows "WebGL Renderer - Google SwiftShader", which is Google CPU renderer. I not sure if there exist PCs without GPU. Any GPU, like united with CPU/motherboard or discrete.
Isn't it suspicious? Like you own not mobile device and use CPU render.

If you're convinced eBay/Paypal is out there fingerprinting you, then you should turn off WebGL via the browser. WebGL is browser-independent but it isn't so for a different OS or graphic card. Swap out any of those two and your hash will change.
Don't be tempted to use third-party solutions like addons or even Multilogin. Someday it's going to break under the hood, and you may not know about it until it is too late.

Yes, it may be suspicious to turn off WebGL. But the counter-argument is that since eBay/PayPal does not use it, why wait until they do before you flick that switch especially if you're so worried?
While there have been small reports here of eBay/PayPal forcing users to verify info, Amazon, on the other hand, may take it more seriously.

Yes, motherboards exist that do not have onboard GPU, but that is not going to help you in any way. You'd still need to plug in a graphics card to set up the BIOS and OS anyway.

Quote:

2) So if I'll use VMware (which able support GPU render) is it possible to somehow setup virtal GPU brandname? Cuz If I'll get "WebGL Renderer - ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce RTX etc..)" (as my host OS shows) on all of VMs - it will be definitely suspicious.

That will be a dream come true for all 'stealthers' here, but that does not seem to be the case.

If you've got time on your hand, try NVEmulate to see if it may work for you. I haven't tried it yet but the second paragraph makes it worthy of research.

Quote:

3) Also should I use different mac address for each VM/PP account or it doesn't matter for only browser use?

I haven't used Virtualbox for many years, but I think there's a setting to change mac address when you clone an image. Although eBay/Paypal will never see your mac address, you may still use that feature to keep your network happy.

Here is some more information that may save you research time:
The following is presented on the assumption that you're trying to defeat fingerprinting. If that's the case, you'd also have to worry about the following as well:
Varying your fonts between VMs.
WebRTC Leak (if you're behind a local network)
Canvas Fingerprinting
Varying your OS

Fonts:
If you use the same fonts across VMs, your font fingerprint will be the same.
Download a font pack and add a handful every time you make a new clone from your backup VM.

WebTRC:
WebTRC will sniff out your local IP and media devices.
At first look, this may not seem like a problem. But if your device ID is xxxxxfbb3e11 and your local IP is 192.168.0.45. It will be just the same across your range of VMs that all use the same browser, so you'd have created a nice fingerprint to be harvested.
You can offset this by configuring a network (on the VM ecosystem, not your router) that will lease IPs to the VMs on demand.
As regards your media devices, disabling your audio device is advised. Any media devices used can be IDed so be careful not to use any media across your VMs.

Canvas Fingerprinting:
Chrome and Opera will mostly give off the same hash as they're both based on the same or very similar WebKit. For example, If you used chrome 47 on VM 1 with Windows 7 starter installed, you'd get the same browser fingerprint if you used Opera 58 on VM 2 with Windows 7 Enterprise installed. Suffice to say pairing Chrome and Opera for stealth is mostly redundant. Unlike Firefox and Opera, chrome does not keep old versions - as such it is not stealth friendly if you're going to be using loads of accounts.

Varying your OS:
Chrome Version 47 to 70 would give you the same fingerprint if you tested these with on an OS like Windows 7 for example. If you test it out on Windows 10, you will get a different fingerprint. Same for Vista, XP, etc... The more OS you have, the better.

As Charles Bukowski would say: If you're going to try to worry [about what's not happening], go all the way.... Otherwise, don't even start.

treyallover 03-15-2020 05:08 PM

Look at the javascript to see what these companies are doing. It's all there.

schemebay 05-21-2020 06:36 PM

Hey Trey,
Not sure if you've received any of my messages via email/skype, but if you haven't, pm me. Lost my telegram account.