eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   What do buyers see when you change your acct. info? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/12911-what-do-buyers-see-when-you-change-your-acct-info.html)

flowerpower 08-24-2009 12:26 PM

What do buyers see when you change your acct. info?

So let's say that I have a PP account under the business name of "Jack and Jill books".

January 1: John Smith pays for a book through PayPal.
March 3: I get tired of selling books and decide to change my business to "Jane's Stationery" and completely changes all the business information in my PP account (new phone, new email, new URL) and removes the old information associated with J&J books.

If John Smith looks at his payment information on April 4, what information is he going to see - Jack & Jill Books, or Jane's Stationery?

Hypothetically speaking, of course. :lol: Let's not worry about the possible limitations or red flags that may arise because of this change...just curious about what information will be displayed.

bluemoon999 08-24-2009 02:12 PM

The email messages that your prior customers got from eBay and Paypal during the purchase will still show the same old information. These will never change.

As for the info on Paypal, I'm not very sure. Most buyers communicate with seller through eBay email system or their regular email account. They won't bother to check the info on Paypal unless they want to file a dispute or curious about something. I would guess PayPal will at least show the most current Contact info otherwise old buyers can't find you when a problem arises. For fraud prevention, Paypal keeps your prior info in the database after you remove/update it.

If I was Paypal, I would put a link to display ID/Name history same as how eBay handles it :)

TigerLord 08-24-2009 03:00 PM

bluemoon is correct. Old e-mails will not update with the current information, and customers won't be notified. All-in-all, unless someone requested your contact information and does it again later, they will never know.

flowerpower 08-24-2009 04:50 PM

Thanks for the help. :) I don't actually deal/sell on eBay, so I guess people would rely on finding the contact information in PayPal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 100797)
I would guess PayPal will at least show the most current Contact info otherwise old buyers can't find you when a problem arises. For fraud prevention, Paypal keeps your prior info in the database after you remove/update it.

Yeah, that's what I figured but I thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure. I had a buyer from hell previously before I stopped selling and using my PP account for a while, and I'm just wary of what could happen if I decide to try out a new venture and the buyer from hell pulls up the payment information from the old business and see that the business/contact info has been updated.