Sigh... Paypal Says bank is closed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-20-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 145
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
iTrader: (0)
Default Sigh... Paypal Says bank is closed?

So I linked my bank to my paypal, at first they sent the micro deposits, but then i was able to link it by confirming instantly, so i tansferedd money,

and then I got an email from paypal that says

"We received an automated response from your bank informing us that the bank account you were trying to use for this payment has been closed. "



How can it be closed when paypal sent the deposits and retirved them... i called my bank and siad the bank is obvious not closed.... idk
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-20-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,547
Thanks: 1,899
Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,593 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Sigh... Paypal Says bank is closed?

Maybe you made it fail by trying to add the same bank account using both of the verification options. From PP's POV it probably looked like you were trying to add a bank account you already added.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2019
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,385
Thanks: 975
Thanked 617 Times in 575 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 13%
iTrader: (0)
Default

so what happens to the money you tried to transfer?has it come back to your Paypal account?
if so,try again?

do the names match?
could be your bank refused it?

This may be the same problem with US saving bank account,I got a call from a vendor saying they cant debit saving account,checking account only.
can anyone confirm such?

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-21-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 59
Thanks: 21
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 5%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sigh... Paypal Says bank is closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
So I linked my bank to my paypal, at first they sent the micro deposits, but then i was able to link it by confirming instantly, so i tansferedd money,

and then I got an email from paypal that says

"We received an automated response from your bank informing us that the bank account you were trying to use for this payment has been closed. "



How can it be closed when paypal sent the deposits and retirved them... i called my bank and siad the bank is obvious not closed.... idk
That because your bank account accepts only incoming payments. After sending you 2 small deposits and you confirm the in PP,PP wants to return them.And that is the problem - some bank accounts won't do that.Let me guess..account you're talking about is Payoneer US account?
Had the same issue w 2 of them.And statement above is from Payoneer CS.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 153
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 13%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sigh... Paypal Says bank is closed?

In the UK if you connect a savings account and allow direct debits on paypal end this will happen because saving accounts don't allow directs debits so it appears closed. In this case just don't allow paypal direct debits
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 145
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sigh... Paypal Says bank is closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfoltyn View Post
In the UK if you connect a savings account and allow direct debits on paypal end this will happen because saving accounts don't allow directs debits so it appears closed. In this case just don't allow paypal direct debits
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Maybe you made it fail by trying to add the same bank account using both of the verification options. From PP's POV it probably looked like you were trying to add a bank account you already added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfoltyn View Post
In the UK if you connect a savings account and allow direct debits on paypal end this will happen because saving accounts don't allow directs debits so it appears closed. In this case just don't allow paypal direct debits



So the money hit my bank account at the scheduled time. No issues.

Must be a glitch,

The email said that paypal was going to remove my bank account from my paypal which never happened

so for future reference, anyone who receives this message, it is a glitch and the money should still transfer okay
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Those who have had UK personal bank account closed due to paypal use ... craigloganbt UK eBay & Paypal 1 12-27-2017 07:30 AM
Bank closed because of withdrawing from paypal mismatching name permsin PayPal Talk 4 09-20-2016 03:50 AM
Bank attached to Paypal closed, how to pay eBay fee? akinsmile Subscriber Discussions 16 10-06-2014 12:00 AM
Can I reuse the same bank account of a closed Paypal? pmtrump101 PayPal Talk 7 06-28-2014 11:40 PM
accidentally closed my paypal limited bank acct Killer Bee PayPal Talk 2 04-17-2010 09:16 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts