eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal requesting ssn when creating new business account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/130527-paypal-requesting-ssn-when-creating-new-business-account.html)

deadclock 10-13-2019 10:34 AM

paypal requesting ssn when creating new business account

US SELLER, I am testing setting up a business PayPal account, I have everything needed however as soon as I got to one of the last pages it immediately asks for the last 4 digits of my ssn#? why do they need that even when creating a business account, is it smarter to create a personal account first with no ssn then update later? Im new to this trying to do it right.
=}-

https://ibb.co/Xs6p14j

deadclock 10-13-2019 10:41 AM

Re: paypal requesting ssn when creating new business account

UPDATE* not doing anything stealth with the paypal account but tested this method as of right now.

I got to the last page before you submit and paypal opens your account.
**This was done with a new paypal account not using vpn or anything i was testing to see if it would work, and what i would have to solve if it didnt, i used the same info as my other paypal so technically now i have two paypals.

however right now what i did was as follows, when i go to the last page.
I entered for SSN# last 4 of EIN,
my dob was already registered with my ein so i used that,
and address used current address with ein,
that seemed to work, again this was just testing but for anyone who gets to this spot figured i would drop what had worked for me, going to set this up in stealth next and continue.

Envyeddie 10-13-2019 07:17 PM

I had to duck that entirely by looking up "PayPal Merchant Account" on google and it told me to set up my Business Account from there it took me to the main paypal business Summary Page. I ended up putting my EIN number in the Account Settings after the fact but I still do wonder what the last 4 digits are for.

agent006140 10-13-2019 08:09 PM

like the other post said enter ein instead.
But there are others who said Paypal will come back and ask for SSN anyway,saying a solo LLC ,we need your SSN,
then someone said even with mutilple directors,we need at least one SSN

deadclock 10-14-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

.like the other post said enter ein instead.
But there are others who said Paypal will come back and ask for SSN anyway,saying a solo LLC ,we need your SSN,
then someone said even with mutilple directors,we need at least one SSN
I found that post and did see it I then added the last 4 of EIN like it has said, that seemed to work.

leighanns520 10-14-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadclock (Post 1041383)
I found that post and did see it I then added the last 4 of EIN like it has said, that seemed to work.

I got the tax info request from PayPal and applied for an ein as could not use social security number as a prev banned account. I entered ein and last 4 I used last 4 of ein.
It got rid of the alert at that time. Shortly there after I received invite for managed payments. I stopped using PayPal except to pay for my shipping labels.
Now when I log into pay pal once again it asks for tax info meaning social as they already have ein number. They now request last 4 of SS #. I suppose they eventually found out the last 4 I entered was last 4 of ein and didn't match up for last 4 of social to name on PayPal account.
Just my experience

agent006140 10-14-2019 10:28 PM

for the time being.

littleears 10-14-2019 11:22 PM

PayPal updated policy this year, you have to verify SSN info to activate cash account (balance). So the only way now is to buy a SSN (free duty state) to register paypal.

agent006140 10-15-2019 09:09 AM

you dont want to buy SSN from strangers,
as for printing shipping labels,there are services like stamps.com and others which will import your ebay sold listings so you can print labels there,someone will come along and explain better.