eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Adding Barclays account to PayPal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/130796-adding-barclays-account-paypal.html)

warmfun 10-23-2019 09:49 AM

Adding Barclays account to PayPal

I have been trying to add a Barclays everyday saver account (which I have successfully done in the past numerous times) (mismatched names) to a new PayPal account. I have tried it twice. Different PayPal and different account number and sort code. Got this error message on both "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again later". Called PayPal both times. One said wait three days and if it fails call back. On the other was told that the bank account was associated with another PayPal account. Has anyone successfully added a Barclays Bank Account with mismatched names to a PayPal account recently?

dbhana121 10-23-2019 09:51 AM

Re: Adding Barclays account to PayPal

Barclays always works. That error means you have to wait 3-7 days then try again most of the time.

warmfun 10-23-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbhana121 (Post 1043424)
Barclays always works. That error means you have to wait 3-7 days then try again most of the time.

Thanks dbhana121. What about the PayPal rep saying the bank account was associated with another PayPal account? Think it was just bad information from the rep?

dbhana121 10-23-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1043426)
Thanks dbhana121. What about the PayPal rep saying the bank account was associated with another PayPal account? Think it was just bad information from the rep?

It could be possible that it was previously linked to a PP... Have you ever linked it to any other PP or does anyone else have access to it?

warmfun 10-23-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbhana121 (Post 1043429)
It could be possible that it was previously linked to a PP... Have you ever linked it to any other PP or does anyone else have access to it?

No. Brand new bank account. Created about 10 minutes before adding it to PayPal.

SaiJin 10-23-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1043423)
I have been trying to add a Barclays everyday saver account (which I have successfully done in the past numerous times) (mismatched names) to a new PayPal account. I have tried it twice. Different PayPal and different account number and sort code. Got this error message on both "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again later". Called PayPal both times. One said wait three days and if it fails call back. On the other was told that the bank account was associated with another PayPal account. Has anyone successfully added a Barclays Bank Account with mismatched names to a PayPal account recently?

That's because they flagged the bank account.
Is the PP account old and the bank account new?

warmfun 10-23-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1043441)
That's because they flagged the bank account.
Is the PP account old and the bank account new?

No both the PayPal account and the Bank account are brand new.

I am beginning to wonder if they are getting the real name on the bank account as per this tread

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...t-uk-help.html

But everyone is saying no.

13obby 10-23-2019 03:00 PM

This usually happens just call PayPal and request to link a bank account or say it to there automated system over phone and you’ll be able to link your account with no issues

Fuhrer84 10-23-2019 03:42 PM

is it a payoneer account?

e2free 10-23-2019 06:00 PM

Are you using VPN?

You have to call paypal and they will remove the block then you should able to add

warmfun 10-24-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1043515)
Are you using VPN?

You have to call paypal and they will remove the block then you should able to add

Yes using a fresh IP VPN from IP Burger. I called PayPal was told that the bank account was associated with another PayPal account

warmfun 10-26-2019 06:46 AM

Got both of this sorted today. The one were it said the bank account was associated with another paypal account I tried a different bank account, had to call up but it got added OK, with 1p micro deposited.

Other one I tried again online and it worked again with 1p micro deposited.

rsot 10-26-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1044169)
Got both of this sorted today. The one were it said the bank account was associated with another paypal account I tried a different bank account, had to call up but it got added OK, with 1p micro deposited.

Congrats on the good news :thumb:

ninjastyle10 10-26-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1044169)

Great to hear. I had the same 'unable to add your account at this time' message about 2 days ago. But that was also after I tried unsuccessfully to add the same account the previous evening with the damn phone automated system (the prompter cut me off twice in the middle of typing in the number on the keypad).

Thinking it's just a security measure by paypal and I'll wait a week or so before attempting again.

Glad to see you got it sorted out.

Curious, on your first account, did you just add another sub account with Barclays or was it with a different bank?

warmfun 10-26-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjastyle10 (Post 1044304)
Great to hear. I had the same 'unable to add your account at this time' message about 2 days ago. But that was also after I tried unsuccessfully to add the same account the previous evening with the damn phone automated system (the prompter cut me off twice in the middle of typing in the number on the keypad).

Thinking it's just a security measure by paypal and I'll wait a week or so before attempting again.

Glad to see you got it sorted out.

Curious, on your first account, did you just add another sub account with Barclays or was it with a different bank?

It was another sub account with Barclays. There is a post on here that mentions recycled bank account numbers and the possibility that this account number was previously linked to PayPal. So maybe it was that, who knows.

ninjastyle10 10-27-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1044341)
It was another sub account with Barclays. There is a post on here that mentions recycled bank account numbers and the possibility that this account number was previously linked to PayPal. So maybe it was that, who knows.

That's very odd, but kind of concerning if banks recycle account numbers for new ones. In any event, glad it worked out for ya.

FirstorLast 10-27-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1043433)
No. Brand new bank account. Created about 10 minutes before adding it to PayPal.

That was the problem

Next time, dont add a bank account you just opened 10 minutes before

Wait 2-3 days then add and all will be fine

Its easy really, not rocket science

warmfun 10-27-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstorLast (Post 1044399)
That was the problem

Don't it that way it the past many times without a problem.

Play 10-27-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmfun (Post 1043734)
Yes using a fresh IP VPN from IP Burger. I called PayPal was told that the bank account was associated with another PayPal account

Exactly what I thought.

There's usually only two reasons this happens.

Its added to another Paypal, or you've added it to PayPal too soon after opening the account.

Glad you got it sorted! :thumb:

warmfun 10-27-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 1044446)
Exactly what I thought.

There's usually only two reasons this happens.

Its added to another Paypal, or you've added it to PayPal too soon after opening the account.

Glad you got it sorted! :thumb:

Thanks. Will wait in future before adding the bank account.

sax4 10-27-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstorLast (Post 1044399)
That was the problem

Exactly, has been mentioned many times smh