eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Banking for stealth (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/131174-banking-stealth.html)

mamzer 11-06-2019 02:39 PM

Banking for stealth

Which bank or banks will be good for stealthers?

Should have all these features.

1) Free business banking

2) Should be ok with with mismatched names deposits

3) should be able to create multiple sub accounts

nickopedia 11-06-2019 02:46 PM

Re: Banking for stealth

In the US, most of the largest banks are OK with mismatched name, in general.

Wells Fargo
Bank of America
Citibank
US Bank
Chase

Go with a real bank with actual branches you can visit in person. Also consider credit unions, too. Most of them are OK with mismatched names also.

Just stay away from any online only "banks" like Ally, CapitalOne360, Greendot, Walmart, Metabank, etc. Those usually don't work with mismatching names, or PayPal in general.

Banks with an online only presence tend to be overly abused, and PayPal will treat them with much more scrutiny.

mamzer 11-06-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 1046978)
In the US, most of the largest banks are OK with mismatched name, in general.

Wells Fargo
Bank of America
Citibank
US Bank
Chase

Go with a real bank with actual branches you can visit in person. Also consider credit unions, too. Most of them are OK with mismatched names also.

Just stay away from any online only "banks" like Ally, CapitalOne360, Greendot, Walmart, Metabank, etc. Those usually don't work with mismatching names, or PayPal in general.

Banks with an online only presence tend to be overly abused, and PayPal will treat them with much more scrutiny.

From all banks you mentioned, (Trans Union i couldn't check online) Only US Bank has free buisiness banking

what about multiple sub accounts, can i create with one of these banks?

SaiJin 11-06-2019 06:02 PM

Yes, you can.

I believe no banks are free anymore though. There's usually a $5-$9 monthly maintenance fee per bank.

mamzer 11-06-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1047007)
Yes, you can.

I believe no banks are free anymore though. There's usually a $5-$9 monthly maintenance fee per bank.

Which banks all of them?

SaiJin 11-06-2019 06:13 PM

Isn't there a list of banks in the stealth guide that's recommended?

Plus someone above has alreadt shared some bank names people use?

mamzer 11-06-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1047012)
Isn't there a list of banks in the stealth guide that's recommended?

Plus someone above has alreadt shared some bank names people use?

The guide talks nothing about multiple bank account, which banks offer it and are friendly for that.

agent006140 11-06-2019 08:26 PM

There are free bank accounts,you just have to keep minimum balance,or are you referring to business accounts only?

mamzer 11-06-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1047024)
There are free bank accounts,you just have to keep minimum balance,or are you referring to business accounts only?

Buisness accounts, i think private will be suspicious with all the transactions and also because of tax issues.

nickopedia 11-06-2019 10:21 PM

It's hard to find "free" checking these days; most all the major banks have some kind of account minimums or other requirements to do that.

I have yet to hear of any of the major banks that allow you to easily open accounts online these days. BofA and Wells used to have this capability some years back, but not anymore.

When I asked my personal banker why they don't allow you to easily open accounts online, he said it was due to the large amounts of fraud, and stricter KYC/AML Treasury rules in place. I doubt you are going to find any major U.S. bank these days that allows you to just open an account online without filling out a formal application.

mamzer 11-06-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 1047046)
It's hard to find "free" checking these days; most all the major banks have some kind of account minimums or other requirements to do that.

I have yet to hear of any of the major banks that allow you to easily open accounts online these days. BofA and Wells used to have this capability some years back, but not anymore.

When I asked my personal banker why they don't allow you to easily open accounts online, he said it was due to the large amounts of fraud, and stricter KYC/AML Treasury rules in place. I doubt you are going to find any major U.S. bank these days that allows you to just open an account online without filling out a formal application.

Thanks for the info.

But can you have mutiple sub accoints when filling formal application?

What are the guys here running 10 or 20 stealth doing?

Which banks are u using?

How can you have a lot of bank accounts?

yankee 11-06-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamzer (Post 1047047)
Thanks for the info.

But can you have mutiple sub accoints when filling formal application?

What are the guys here running 10 or 20 stealth doing?

Which banks are u using?

How can you have a lot of bank accounts?

20 bank accounts is not very many really.

There is more than 10,000 registered banks in the USA. Less than 5% dont allow mismatched names. It is praballly less than 1%

Basically the problem banks are online only banks. Non of them work for mismatched names.

Really, use whatever bank you like to bank with. Open a personal account and a savings or two. Then open a business account and a savings or two. Then go to the next bank and repeat...

nickopedia 11-06-2019 11:27 PM

I have accounts with Wells Fargo and BofA, which are my primary stealth banks.

To open a new account with each, I have to complete a separate application in person, at the branch. If I start the application online, I still have to go to the branch to "sign" the paperwork, or they need to otherwise see me in person.

I tried opening an account online once from overseas and it became a huge hassle. The bank told me they would rather have me at the branch to do it.

USE A BANK WITH PHYSICAL BRANCHES FOR STEALTH.

rsot 11-07-2019 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1047007)
Yes, you can.

Just worth adding that these fees can be avoided - for quite a few banks - if a minimum balance is maintained per month; the amount varies from bank to bank.

I am a fan of maintaining balances to avoid these high fees

Speeder33 11-07-2019 05:49 AM

+1 for US bank, they have been the most friendly out of all the big banks I have dealt with. no problems with mis-matched names too

agent006140 11-07-2019 07:11 AM

plenty of banks will let you open accounts online,CIT,Synchrony,Virtual banks.
AMEX and Marcus as well,not sure if the last two have the same features as your traditional banks,they are more like money market accounts,not sure if you can link them to Paypal.but they do have routing numbers

nickopedia 11-07-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1047098)
plenty of banks will let you open accounts online,CIT,Synchrony,Virtual banks.
AMEX and Marcus as well,not sure if the last two have the same features as your traditional banks,they are more like money market accounts,not sure if you can link them to Paypal.but they do have routing numbers

Most of the online "banks" don't really work for stealth. PayPal may blacklist them, or they don't usually allow mismatching names.

Again, if the bank has actual branches you can visit, they would likely be OK with mismatching names. Stay away from "virtual" banks.

agent006140 11-07-2019 04:34 PM

Virtual Bank is the online version of a brick and mortar bank in LA,Iberia bank,so I think you can go into the bank branch and conduct business there.
Synchrony is a real bank,CIT is an industrial bank which may not have a retail walkin presence,Marcus is owned by Goldman Sachs,may not have a branch anywhere.

nickopedia 11-07-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1047168)
Virtual Bank is the online version of a brick and mortar bank in LA,Iberia bank,so I think you can go into the bank branch and conduct business there.
Synchrony is a real bank,CIT is an industrial bank which may not have a retail walkin presence,Marcus is owned by Goldman Sachs,may not have a branch anywhere.

The point I am trying to make is, virtual and online only "banks" are NOT suitable for stealth payments, period. This has long been known.

If you know of any virtual banking product that actually accept mismatching name deposits from PayPal, maybe you can tell us?

agent006140 11-07-2019 10:54 PM

Virtual bank is really Iberia bank which is just being bought by another bank.
Virtual bank allows one to use its cell phone to conduct business,would Paypal accepts it,it may as it is really Iberia bank which is a brick and mortar bank.
would it accept mismatched name,I dont know,let me go and find out,
I closed my account as I dont use a cell phone

agent006140 11-07-2019 11:07 PM

https://www.virtualbank.com/faqs
well,to open an account,you must have ssn.
It accepts payroll and pension direct deposit,and checks payable to you.
you can use your camera and phone to conduct banking.

Would it accept checks not make out to you,I dont know,if you do this with your phone??

agent006140 11-07-2019 11:15 PM

here is Paypal prepaid MC debit card ,reloadable,note the mobile phone deposit feature and the link to your Paypal account.
but to get a permanent prepaid card,you need SSN,DOB and address.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...aid-mastercard
mobile Check Load is a service provided by First Century Bank, N.A. and Ingo Money, Inc., subject to the First Century Bank and Ingo Money Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Policy. Aprroval review usually takes 3 to 5 minutes but can take up to one hour. All checks are subject ot approval fro funding in Ingo Money’s sole discretion. Fees apply for approved Money in Minutes transactions funded to your card. Unapproved checks will not be funded to your card. Ingo Money reserves the right to recover losses resulting from illegal or fraudulent use of the Ingo Money Service. Your wireless carrier may charge a fee for message and data usage. Additional transaction fees, costs, terms and conditions may be associated with the funding and use of your card. See your Cardholder Agreement for details.

The PayPal Prepaid Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated.