Can no longer answer security questions on PayPal!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Can no longer answer security questions on PayPal!!!

I have 2-step verification activated on my account, but my attached phone number is not active anymore and there is no way for me to activate that number again, so I am only left with the possibility of answering the two security questions in order to log in.

I have always answered those two questions and it worked like a charm, but this option doesn't seem to be available anymore

I am only getting the option to receive a code via SMS and whenever I click on "Problem by logging in" the page reloads with an error message which reads as follows:

"Sorry, but we couldn't log you in. You need to contact customer support or try to sign in again"

Anyone ever experienced this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-14-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Can no longer answer security questions on PayPal!!!

Ah crap, ��

I think the only way is either have that phone again or call PP.... but this is a problem.

So call them and see what they can do
Old 11-14-2019
Threadstarter  

I called them many times today and they all seemed to have no f**king idea how to help, 2 of them actually suggested I close my account and open a new one!!

I stopped selling on eBay as I am not sure if I could ever sign into my account again!! This company is pissing me off really hard nowadays.
Old 11-14-2019
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

I called again and got an old lady on the phone, she was super informative and had a ton of experience with the PayPal system. When I first called today I was asking them to deactivate the 2-step verification on my account so I could log in and everyone I talked to said that's impossible for them to do.

The old lady I talked to lastly suggested doing that by herself!! She went ahead and removed that rotten phone number that was attached to my account and I logged in while she was with me on the phone, added my new number and everything is perfect now.

I can't believe how many of the employees I talked to earlier suggested closing down my account and opening a new one!!
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (11-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Yep , that's how it is with customer service.

remember the illustration of paypal's inner office staff as monkeys throwing darts?

Try to get a human that knows how to throw the dart at the bulls eye
Old 11-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
UPDATE:

I called again and got an old lady on the phone, she was super informative and had a ton of experience with the PayPal system. When I first called today I was asking them to deactivate the 2-step verification on my account so I could log in and everyone I talked to said that's impossible for them to do.

The old lady I talked to lastly suggested doing that by herself!! She went ahead and removed that rotten phone number that was attached to my account and I logged in while she was with me on the phone, added my new number and everything is perfect now.

I can't believe how many of the employees I talked to earlier suggested closing down my account and opening a new one!!
That old lady is sadly a dying breed (worldwide) in every area of enterprise you can think about.
She's already being replaced with the brand spanking new "pass the buck" generation. A generation so fragile they need a lorry load of 'rights' and constant praise to protect their feelings.
George carling was right: The planet will be fine, it is the people that will be 'effed.

I'm glad you had it sorted.