eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   UK bank account verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/131371-uk-bank-account-verification.html)

mikk 11-15-2019 08:11 AM

UK bank account verification

Have paypal changed the way they verify bank accounts? I thought that they didnt look at the name on the account. I opened new ebay/ppal when I had trouble with ppal previously. The new one has been running fine for a few months but now they have stopped me withdrawing. They sent a penny deposit but no code, I rang them & they said they would send another but didn't. Via chat they said the name on the ppal account must be changed to the same as on bank account in order to verify. The christian name I used was my Father's (who doesnt have ppal or ebay) but the name on the bank account is my real one. If I do that wont alarm bells ring at ppal ? (they have some of my money locked in another account that reached its limit in my real name) Doubt I could change first name on my bank account? Money to ppal has only ever gone to them from my ppal balance which has only been funded with ebay sales. If I closed it down would they release the money? Any ideas?

ryanthomas92 11-15-2019 10:46 AM

Re: UK bank account verification

I know you used to be able to a bank transfer to someone and on the transfer the name could be absolutely anything and it wouldn't of been checked and would of credited the recipients account. And so with PayPal you could do the same thing put any account number and sort code and PayPal wouldn't check and deposit the funds. The issue however would of been if you set up a direct debit with the wrong name. Because with that a form is posted of to the bank and they would see the name on the direct debit form as wrong and deny the request to set up the direct debit. Im not sure if they give the company a reason for the direct debit set up failing but if they did that could be the reason they know the names don't match. I have also heard that the name is checked on larger transfers (bank transfers) so that could be the same for PayPal.

mikk 11-16-2019 07:23 AM

They deposited the penny but with no code, is it worth requesting another? I am gettimg tired of all the messing they put you through, I am only a small volume fleabay seller so if I close the paypal accounts will they release my money? Thre has never been a direct debit, only money going out from my fleabay profit to pp. The old one that they required 'verification' for has £80 but the new one has £400. They will probably bar me from opening another but I can do without all this trouble just to get my own money.

james_112233 11-16-2019 08:06 AM

The issue is the direct debit mandate you must have accidentally signed.

You can now let them dip in to your bank account by accepting that (but it won't work due to mis match name, bank will refuse), that is when your true identity is revealed to Paypal. Until you accept that and ONLY verify the bank one way, which is the penny deposit, you may withdraw.

mikk 11-28-2019 01:48 PM

I appreciate the advice but can anyone tell me if I close the accounts will they release the money? I would close the oldest one first that hit the 'EU limit'.

bugmyday 11-29-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikk (Post 1051870)
I appreciate the advice but can anyone tell me if I close the accounts will they release the money? I would close the oldest one first that hit the 'EU limit'.

yes you can request closer they have to send the withdraw

and are you able to access the live chat option currently?

rsot 11-29-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugmyday (Post 1051999)
yes you can request closer they have to send the withdraw

and are you able to access the live chat option currently?

Think you made a thread about this already?