eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal tracking number question?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/13212-paypal-tracking-number-question.html)

ojsimpson 09-04-2009 02:54 PM

Paypal tracking number question??

i recenetly got a Not as described claim filed against me, and I said i would do a full refund if the items are returned.. he provided with a tracking number but what if the contents inside are different or not in the same condition? how does paypal review the tracking number do they just track it on usps.com? and how can they prove that its been deliver to a correct address?

mine 09-05-2009 05:18 AM

You may need to figure out a way of confirming what is in the package and then returning to sender if nessesary. I've never tried it and not sure if it is possible.

DogFacedBoy 09-06-2009 09:01 PM

Kind of an interesting dilema.
Someone could file as "not as described" complaint and then send a brick to you in the mail with tracking info.

What would you do?

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 09:36 PM

Open it at the local police station. Have a friend with you who is willing to operate a video camera.

GreenBean 09-06-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy (Post 102652)
Kind of an interesting dilema.
Someone could file as "not as described" complaint and then send a brick to you in the mail with tracking info.

What would you do?

As you know it happens. Got done once when a return came back that was not the item. Since then I only ever open returns at the Post Office with a couple of witnesses, the newspaper showing the date and a camera. I tell the buyer that they will get a photo of the returned item so we will both know everything is kosher ;)

philly387 09-06-2009 11:00 PM

Definitely do a video with the time/date showing while recording. If you don't do this and they actually return something other than the item, you have the address and phone number of the buyer ;)

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 11:27 PM

If you do it at the cop-shop, you don't have to drive far to file criminal charges. Plus a police witness for the Postal Inspector's investigation kinda clinches it. Mail fraud is a federal offense. Theft is a felony if the amount is high enough. Twice the fun.

GreenBean 09-06-2009 11:32 PM

Oh you are evil:cheer:

Bottom line is that every and all steps are to be taken to deter the buyer from sending back the wrong item.

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 11:39 PM

Well, when the buyer asks about returning the item, you can mention about the cop-shop and the video camera. That'll probably count for something. Except the dumbest ones.

Normally, I prefer to avoid any interaction with the authorities. But when it comes to shifty 2-faced buyers... Something needs to be done, their illusion of immunity must be shattered.

sdot10 09-06-2009 11:42 PM

Not to play devils advocate but unless the package is delivered to the police station they really cant help you because you had the package first and all the buyers going to say is well how do i know he didnt put it in there then go to the police station. A much more viable option is for you to refuse the package when it comes to your door if it requires a signature. Just say you arent whoever and you dont feel comfortable signing for him/her and that they will pick it up at the post office. Then go to the post office and film it.

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 11:47 PM

If you pick up the package but don't open it, you have a case. The Postal Inspector will have it fingerprinted, which will show only the senders prints inside the package and on the item.

The USPS has a 98% conviction ratio.

Most buyers don't do signature confirmation when they ship returns. So, while your statement about refusing WILL suffice, it only rarely applies.

ojsimpson 09-07-2009 09:12 PM

or what if I reject the package? will paypal still take that as delivered and process the refund? basicailly how could I win this case so that paypal doesnt process the refund?

Lyda 09-07-2009 10:28 PM

They will not process the refund if you never received the package back. It could be lost, stolen......Like Vic said, most buyers don't send back with signature confirmation I it cost few more bucks)...But, you have to be ethical about it or you will pay the price eventually. Only you and the buyer know the truth about sold item.

TigerLord 09-08-2009 10:23 AM

If you're selling shady stuff it might be better to just shove the loss... if its legit, I'd definitely file a report.