eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal : unable to set up pre-approved payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/132129-paypal-unable-set-up-pre-approved-payments.html)

VEGA 12-17-2019 10:38 AM

Paypal : unable to set up pre-approved payments

I'm trying to get a Spotify account. But I get this error. Is there any solution?
I did a credit card verification.

''we're sorry. we were unable to set up pre-approved payments. please try again later.''

Ozzo 12-19-2019 03:16 AM

Re: Paypal : unable to set up pre-approved payments

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEGA (Post 1055809)
I'm trying to get a Spotify account. But I get this error. Is there any solution?
I did a credit card verification.

''we're sorry. we were unable to set up pre-approved payments. please try again later.''

Same issue. Is your pp acc verified with cc or bank account? I think pp needs bank acc attached to preapprove auto payments but I could be wrong.

newstart123 12-19-2019 04:09 AM

usually paypal need verification. Go to ebay->account settings->paypal account and choose Become verified -> there you should see what you need to do

Ozzo 12-19-2019 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricha (Post 1056192)
usually paypal need verification. Go to ebay->account settings->paypal account and choose Become verified -> there you should see what you need to do

This is not for ebay. For other purpose.

VEGA 02-04-2020 09:42 PM

Can anyone find a solution to this? I'm still having the same problem. some accounts do not have a problem, but some accounts show the same error even when they wait 1 month.

dano 02-05-2020 09:14 AM

Rest the account for 2/3 days, in the meanwhile browse it, after this period try again. If it do not work, call customer care

VEGA 02-05-2020 10:00 AM

Sometimes it works like this sometimes it doesn't work.
Even the account that has been waiting for 1 month shows an error.
the call center gives only standard answers and does not produce solutions.

kaste 02-06-2020 03:26 AM

It is not Paypal issue.
Different service providers have different Paypal account requirements for subscription.

As far I know, Spotify has requirement for aprox 1 month old Paypal account so relax and wait.

@NasterXchange 02-06-2020 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzo (Post 1056188)
Same issue. Is your pp acc verified with cc or bank account? I think pp needs bank acc attached to preapprove auto payments but I could be wrong.

I was thinking the same actually. I solved that issue usually by verifying with VCC. Then waited 2-3 days then it worked fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaste (Post 1067238)
It is not Paypal issue.
Different service providers have different Paypal account requirements for subscription.

As far I know, Spotify has requirement for aprox 1 month old Paypal account so relax and wait.

Interesting. First time I hear this. How do you know the requirements of Spotify? They said that somewhere?

kaste 02-06-2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @MasterNaster (Post 1067252)

Interesting. First time I hear this. How do you know the requirements of Spotify? They said that somewhere?

I have tested many different services over last years with lots of paypal accounts. I might be slightly wrong with exact days for Spotify (I didn't write down) but it was somewhere 15-30. Google payments was at least 30.
Some other services have different checks. For example, they might transfer small amount from your CC (not balance!). It depends from service provider.
Paypal error messages just sucks, they don't explain real reason behind.

rsot 02-06-2020 06:18 AM

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

@NasterXchange 02-06-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaste (Post 1067264)
I have tested many different services over last years with lots of paypal accounts. I might be slightly wrong with exact days for Spotify (I didn't write down) but it was somewhere 15-30. Google payments was at least 30.
Some other services have different checks. For example, they might transfer small amount from your CC (not balance!). It depends from service provider.
Paypal error messages just sucks, they don't explain real reason behind.

Very interesting to know. Just learned something new! Thanks!

ckev26 02-06-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEGA (Post 1066992)
Can anyone find a solution to this? I'm still having the same problem. some accounts do not have a problem, but some accounts show the same error even when they wait 1 month.

If you verify your paypal account then you will not an error!

Verifying your account requires bank account attached to paypal,

All you have done by adding a card is confirm your paypal account which removes some limits and adds a payment method to the account.

kaste 02-07-2020 06:49 AM

ckev26, yes you are right. For verified users (with phone or bank account) you will get subscription right away.
Original question was for accounts with just VCC.

VEGA 02-07-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaste (Post 1067238)
It is not Paypal issue.

No, I tried to open a new membership for Spotify and it worked.
There is no such thing as 1 month. completely random. I think it's like a bug.

ckev26 02-07-2020 09:36 AM

Have you tried adding another Vcc ? just a thought not a solution

VEGA 02-07-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckev26 (Post 1067564)
Have you tried adding another Vcc ? just a thought not a solution

Yes i tried. I also tried to open it on a completely new computer. Not working again.
I tried almost everything. it's a ridiculous mistake and no solution.

Pilash 04-22-2020 12:46 AM

What's up? Having the same issue with Facebook, and my Paypal is 6 years old. using visa VCC. Tried many times.

Does anyone have latest update for this case?

rsot 04-22-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilash (Post 1087531)
What's up? Having the same issue with Facebook, and my Paypal is 6 years old. using visa VCC. Tried many times.

Does anyone have latest update for this case?

Just wondering - what is your balance on your Visa CC? For test charge purposes.