eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Worry about Paypal being shut down because of dupe bank account on Venmo (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/132572-worry-about-paypal-being-shut-down-because-dupe-bank-account-venmo.html)

loveequality 01-05-2020 08:05 PM

Worry about Paypal being shut down because of dupe bank account on Venmo

I'm about to puke because of something dumb my SO did.
We have a verified business account on Paypal that is nice and aged 4 years and works perfectly.
He knows it's connected to his checking account.
The paypal account info does not have his current name and address because he got limited from Paypal 5 years ago.

Now I just found out that he created a Venmo account and used his name and address AND the bank account # connected to Paypal account!

Turns out he created it a year ago.
I quizzed him on it and he had been paying back or getting money from friends.

But now it turns out he just sent a friend 986 for sporting event tickets from venmo.

I am so distraught that the accounts will get banned.
He KNOWS Paypal owns Venmo btw.

Dude has multiple checking accounts, but didn't think to use another. :doh:

Should I be very concerned as PP is main source to receive my income. Meager though it may be.

SaiJin 01-05-2020 08:28 PM

Re: Worry about Paypal being shut down because of dupe bank account on Venmo

Well this warrants the pillow to be turned to "not tonight" for the next year ^_- .

If he's done this a year ago and nothing has happened, then it's a good sign. he should still perhaps change his Venmo info to his other bank account to be safe.

On the PP side, don't change anything as changes in the account will trigger a flag.

loveequality 01-05-2020 09:39 PM

Re: Worry about Paypal being shut down because of dupe bank account on Venmo

Thanks.

SO has agreed to change his info on Venmo, but says he won't until the amount that is processing out of his account is transferred. :faint:

His account was unfairly shut down years ago after someone paid him for a domain, reversed 4k and kept the domain. (They still have it years later)
He refused to add money to PP until domain was returned.

SO's a very educated attorney so I don't understand his thought process. He still thinks they'll "never notice." :confused: