eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Nearing Amount Immediately can use per month? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/133707-nearing-amount-immediately-can-use-per-month.html)

solefoodbk 02-19-2020 10:37 PM

Nearing Amount Immediately can use per month?

Can someone who has this alert help me out?

I quote "You’re nearing the amount you can immediately use from sales each month. See the Money page for more details."

I click on the alert and its says this,

"PayPal will withhold for 7 days any money above $********* USD in sales each month for the reason(s) listed below. You can process $******* USD more this month before you reach that threshold."

Its not the end of the world, but the less alerts like this the less anxiety I get. I suppose they lifted my original restrictions where I was getting the 21 day hold on about 75% of sales.

For record sake, I sell on many platforms, but on eBay my company is top rated.

solefoodbk 02-19-2020 10:39 PM

Re: Nearing Amount Immediately can use per month?

I guess I'm just curious if anybody has gotten this before. I have never seen an alert like this since using Paypal to sell.

There is also an option to request an increase. Once per 30 days and the email says its an "instant" response. Not even thinking about gambling with that.... but just to add some extra info

phaz0rz 02-20-2020 09:27 AM

You had a "release amount" hold applied to your account. They are a PITA to deal with but it's nothing to be too nervous about.

The only time I've seen them is when starting off with a new business account (which was created as a business account, not upgraded from personal). It's one of the main reasons I'd rather upgrade a personal account after selling for a while instead of starting fresh with a business account.

IMO you're fortunate they're only wanting to hold the money over your release threshold for 7 days. The last time I had one they would hold the funds for a full 21 days, regardless of whether or not I uploaded tracking for the order. It was really a nightmare for cashflow but they only kept that type of hold on my account for 2 or 3 months before removing it, if I'm remembering correctly.

If I were you I wouldn't stir anything up by using the button to request a higher release amount. I don't know if it would trigger a manual review of your account or not, but intuition says it may so it's something I would avoid. I'd just sell as usual for the next few months and hope it goes away soon. Maybe limit your sales on that account a bit so you don't have too much $ being held up at once.

solefoodbk 02-20-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1070923)
You had a "release amount" hold applied to your account. They are a PITA to deal with but it's nothing to be too nervous about.

The only time I've seen them is when starting off with a new business account (which was created as a business account, not upgraded from personal). It's one of the main reasons I'd rather upgrade a personal account after selling for a while instead of starting fresh with a business account.

IMO you're fortunate they're only wanting to hold the money over your release threshold for 7 days. The last time I had one they would hold the funds for a full 21 days, regardless of whether or not I uploaded tracking for the order. It was really a nightmare for cashflow but they only kept that type of hold on my account for 2 or 3 months before removing it, if I'm remembering correctly.

If I were you I wouldn't stir anything up by using the button to request a higher release amount. I don't know if it would trigger a manual review of your account or not, but intuition says it may so it's something I would avoid. I'd just sell as usual for the next few months and hope it goes away soon. Maybe limit your sales on that account a bit so you don't have too much $ being held up at once.

Its an account from 2017. Its not new per say, but the activity and cash flow defiantly is increasing per month and hadn't had new activity since holiday season last year. Basically a new account in their eyes. I sold some in 2017 and stopped using the account till last year.

I was getting 21 day holds, but seems like once PayPal recognized my top rated status on eBay it affected all other platforms I sell on that were getting holds. Suppose its just an upgrade from 21 day holds. I have a decent limit right now for instant payments. Just hadn't seen this ever before. I know they have holding reserves but that isn't this.

My only other business account was pulling maybe 20k per month on average, but I know for a fact that was personal to business. Never once had this limit on the account. Thanks for the info

Side note: It was a bitch during the holidays having the 21 day hold.. I know what you mean. About 30% of my income is international sales. Basically meant all those sales were 21 days automatically. That hurt, 7 days I can deal with for the time being.