Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-25-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (0)
Default Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

So I'm using my friend account that I bought from him. He has had that account for a few years. He sold stuff on there. He created another PayPal account for that ebay account and I have control of both. I use IPBurger on my phone and computer. The computer and phone have not been used for anything other than these accounts. I am above standard on eBay. The PayPal account is 6 months old at least. I had my friend call PayPal but they never give him a clear answer. I sell at least 10 items a week or even more like 20. I was getting all the payments available immediately for a while but then I sold an item for 300 and it's held for 14 days. And the next 5 items I sold were held for 3 days. Then the next 7 items were not held. But tonight they held a 50 dollar sale. This is confusing me. Any advice from anyone? Anyone had this happen to them before?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 02-26-2020
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 227
Thanks: 6
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Paypal just do as they wish..eehehehh
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2020
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,362
Thanks: 1,874
Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,535 Posts
Activity: 85%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Random payments holds based on Paypal assessing you as risky. Nothing you can do other than continue selling and wait until your payments are released. After a few months of being a good seller you will get instant access to all of your payments.

Also you should be aware that, since your friend linked a new Paypal to his old eBay, those two paypals are now linked and they will both be limited if either one ever gets into trouble.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Random payments holds based on Paypal assessing you as risky. Nothing you can do other than continue selling and wait until your payments are released. After a few months of being a good seller you will get instant access to all of your payments.

Also you should be aware that, since your friend linked a new Paypal to his old eBay, those two paypals are now linked and they will both be limited if either one ever gets into trouble.

Thats not true...Ive had several paypal limited but the ebay account was fine
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2020
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,137
Thanks: 861
Thanked 547 Times in 508 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaat12 View Post
So I'm using my friend account that I bought from him. He has had that account for a few years. He sold stuff on there. He created another PayPal account for that ebay account and I have control of both. I use IPBurger on my phone and computer. The computer and phone have not been used for anything other than these accounts. I am above standard on eBay. The PayPal account is 6 months old at least. I had my friend call PayPal but they never give him a clear answer. I sell at least 10 items a week or even more like 20. I was getting all the payments available immediately for a while but then I sold an item for 300 and it's held for 14 days. And the next 5 items I sold were held for 3 days. Then the next 7 items were not held. But tonight they held a 50 dollar sale. This is confusing me. Any advice from anyone? Anyone had this happen to them before?
if your business is truly profitable,a temp hold on your fund should not upset your business.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2020
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,362
Thanks: 1,874
Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,535 Posts
Activity: 85%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekay View Post
Thats not true...Ive had several paypal limited but the ebay account was fine
Everything I said was true and I didn't say anything about eBay.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 852
Thanked 642 Times in 490 Posts
Activity: 77%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if your business is truly profitable,a temp hold on your fund should not upset your business.
You clearly don't understand ALL businesses.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2020
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,651
Thanks: 4,753
Thanked 7,345 Times in 6,696 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Why does PayPal hold some of my funds but not all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaat12 View Post
So I'm using my friend account that I bought from him. He has had that account for a few years. He sold stuff on there. He created another PayPal account for that ebay account and I have control of both. I use IPBurger on my phone and computer. The computer and phone have not been used for anything other than these accounts. I am above standard on eBay. The PayPal account is 6 months old at least. I had my friend call PayPal but they never give him a clear answer. I sell at least 10 items a week or even more like 20. I was getting all the payments available immediately for a while but then I sold an item for 300 and it's held for 14 days. And the next 5 items I sold were held for 3 days. Then the next 7 items were not held. But tonight they held a 50 dollar sale. This is confusing me. Any advice from anyone? Anyone had this happen to them before?
Best advice is to avoid using friend account - learn stealth - make sure your own accounts and grow them over time
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PayPal Funds: On Hold jmag91 PayPal Talk 5 12-26-2016 10:33 AM
paypal 21 day hold on funds moneymakesmoney PayPal Talk 19 01-11-2014 09:21 PM
paypal hold funds spike00spiegel eBay & PayPal International 7 10-25-2009 03:11 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts