eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Question about Paypal "Quick Security Checks"... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/133963-question-about-paypal-quick-security-checks.html)

bigsal2209 02-28-2020 01:21 PM

Question about Paypal "Quick Security Checks"...

Ok, so lets say you've triggered a QSC when trying to add a bank account. Do these always go away with time or can they be permanent. So for instance if I try and add a bank but get a QSC, will it reset or could it be stuck like that forever.

Also, I don't have access to the original phone number so I changed the paypal number to a new home number. How long until I can use that to pass the QSC?

Thanks for the help guys...

bigsal2209 02-28-2020 02:09 PM

Re: Question about Paypal "Quick Security Checks"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1073397)
It's been like 4 years since I had to do this, but this was how it played out for me:

- Bank of America closed my account which left my biggest Paypal at the time with no bank account to withdraw to
- It was a Paypal I bought from here which I never bothered requesting the original sim card or phone for, so I was in the same boat as you (no access to phone)
- I got the quick security check when trying to add a new bank account to withdraw to
- Couldn't get around it because I didn't have the phone they wanted to call or text
- I went into my account settings and added a Google Voice # that forwards to my personal cell phone
- Tried to add bank again, got QSC, no luck, new number wasn't showing as an option
- For the next 4 or 5 months (not sure, but I know it was a few months) I used all the money that came into that Paypal to pay my supplier. Didn't withdraw any money because the only bank account attached to my Paypal was a closed bank account.
- Not expecting success, and mostly for sh!ts and giggles, I tried adding the new bank account again several months later (again, not sure exactly how long, but a good while), got the same QSC, but to my surprise, the Google Voice number I'd added to the account now showed as one of the options to receive a verification call or text.
- Told Paypal to send the verification text to my GV #.
- Nothing showed in GV inbox
- Told Paypal to resend the verification text to my GV# because I wasn't seeing it
(note that this has always been a weird glitch I experience when trying to get verification texts through GV. Almost every time I have to request the code be resent, and then both codes show up)
- Both verification texts hit my GV inbox after I request the 2nd code
- I put the most recent verification code into Paypal
- I add the new bank account

Might work the same these days, but I unno. :noidea:

Is there anything you could have done to expedite this process? Like for instance right now what can I do if I am in the same boat? I added a new number and a new VCC so do I just wait for a while for the new number to udpate?

Any idea how long it takes for the phone to update and be able to be used for verification?

Thanks

amazonp 04-10-2020 03:07 AM

hi after waiting, qsc gone??

dano 04-10-2020 04:45 AM

Change phone number and delete the older one, QSC will go away and you will got " We are sorry bla bla bla "....wait some days and then you will go...

amazonp 04-10-2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano (Post 1084037)
Change phone number and delete the older one, QSC will go away and you will got " We are sorry bla bla bla "....wait some days and then you will go...

lol it good. anyone please confirm it work?

dano 04-10-2020 07:32 AM

I confirm it, it's experience otherwise i did not told
But take present my experience could be different than your also if the same situation