eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Have paypal started restricting transfers if account names dont match [UK] (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/134150-have-paypal-started-restricting-transfers-if-account-names-dont-match-uk.html)

RichardRichardRichard 03-05-2020 11:19 AM

Have paypal started restricting transfers if account names dont match [UK]

Has this come back yet? I've been trying to withdraw the money out of my new business paypal for around a week now, always says "sorry something isnt right"
cant seem to get around this, ive tried transfering to both santander and barclay accounts.

JamesNorth101 03-05-2020 11:21 AM

Re: Have paypal started restricting transfers if account names dont match [UK]

Nope not come into effect in the UK yet

Pathos 03-05-2020 12:05 PM

How new is the account? The banks have been making the process happen, and they have to by the end of March to ensure its fully implemented. This means it will be happening on some accounts already, but we know what or which. So if its the first withdrawal you are making, then that may confirm to us all, its in action.

Currently my existing accounts havent had any issues, touch wood.

What is not 100% is if it will affect existing accounts - has this account already had previous withdrawals or is this your first you are trying? The answer for all of us might be in your answer.

bojan1188 03-05-2020 09:03 PM

It’s probably the IP. Are you using VPN or something?

SaiJin 03-05-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardRichardRichard (Post 1075099)
Has this come back yet? I've been trying to withdraw the money out of my new business paypal for around a week now, always says "sorry something isnt right"
cant seem to get around this, ive tried transfering to both santander and barclay accounts.

Ok it's been a week, give it 1-2 days extra, stop trying.
THat doesn't work? Then you'll have to call PP and see if they could remove that soft block on their end.

Pathos 03-06-2020 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1075245)
Ok it's been a week, give it 1-2 days extra, stop trying.
THat doesn't work? Then you'll have to call PP and see if they could remove that soft block on their end.

I'd be weary of calling as if they do have mismatched names return as per our new UK regs, first withdrawal, this will most probably cause them to see this and limit the account..

Bigblackdog 03-06-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardRichardRichard (Post 1075099)

If it is a business account can you not get the Paypal Mastercard? - you do not need a bank account then.

I've had mine for years so I don't know how long you have to be an account holder to get one

RipeBanana 03-24-2020 09:41 AM

Please keep us updated on missmatched names for existing accounts.

I have been struck with account closure and 180 days funds hold. This is now making me worry that I wont be able to remove my money when the time come.

agent006140 03-24-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1075346)
If it is a business account can you not get the Paypal Mastercard? - you do not need a bank account then.

I've had mine for years so I don't know how long you have to be an account holder to get one

what kind of Paypal MC card do you have?