Woodforest National Bank - $1 Accounts. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-07-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramos View Post
Is there any way to open it online? Do they require SSN?
All banks in the USA require a SSN and vaild proof in the form of ID's and verification, per the Patriot Act.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
This is one ANAL bank, or at least one anal branch.
Hey Jeff, Woodforest is mostly in Walmart stores and grocery stores, they target lower income & second chance customers. (It is one of the only banks that will allow someone to open a checking account despite being delinquent on another checking account: Wikipedia)

I assume this is why they might impose holds on large transactions, or any transactions that they might think is "high risk" (sorry for the PP reference, I just had to throw it in there).
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

Anyone that asks if the bank requires SSN and or ID is upto no good.

Scammers suck.

If you want to have you go at selling bootlegs thats one thing.

But if you're trying to str8 up rob people ...
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
Everytime I do the instant verification I quickly change the username and password afterwords so i make sure they can't log-in back into my bank account!
lol i think you're a little paranoid

paranoid is good though.

PayPal won't "LOG IN" to your bank account lmao

And if they do and you have proof you can win a lot of money in a law suit
Old 10-08-2010

The question has not been answered yet if anyone has used them with a Stealth account and gotten funds in a different name...

Anyone?
Old 10-08-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch View Post
Anyone that asks if the bank requires SSN and or ID is upto no good.

Scammers suck.

If you want to have you go at selling bootlegs thats one thing.

But if you're trying to str8 up rob people ...

I completely disagree with this statement. I'm not a scammer. And when I was a younger woman, I often asked why I need to give the bank all kinds of crap like this. I should be allowed to bank anonymously if I wish it so. This is only an affect of the patriot act, which is to prevent TERRORISTS from laundering money, not quite the same as what you're getting at.... some countries do not require identification for banking, nor a stamped government number on your forehead. What about immigrants? Those staying on a visa? It's just knowledge....

speak for yourself.

Anyway, if you're doing something illegal, the bank is the last thing you need to worry about.
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

I have a Woodforest account in my Real name.

And a PayPal account in a Stealth Name.

I get the money no problems. I have been for almost a year now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hitch For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (10-09-2010), JJ373 (12-29-2015), Sandy D (10-13-2010)
Old 10-08-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdrivertim View Post
The question has not been answered yet if anyone has used them with a Stealth account and gotten funds in a different name...

Anyone?
There are many other banks that work just fine. I personally don't want to risk to see if woodforest is concerned with a name mismatch when I know of many others that work just fine...

although... a bank that still mandates a thumbprint on any sized check is bound to take careful measures in everything else
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
I completely disagree with this statement.
We are all entitled to our own opinion.

But I'm pretty sure that an overwhelmingly high majority of people who are desperately looking for a bank that required no sort of ID is upto something illegal.

I've been banking long before the patriot act, and I've always had to show some form of government ID
Old 10-08-2010
MU

Yes, but you never MANDATED by the government. That was simply a rule of the bank you were with.

You can open a wal mart card without ID and just a tax ID or ssn.... does that mean these people are committing crimes? Maybe this person has a few delinquent accounts on checksystems and simply doesn't know how to restart his banking endeavors. I bet there are more people on here who owe banks money that are trying to figure out a way to get funds than those who are actually committing crimes. And besides, opening a bank account anonymously in the USA was never a crime prior to 2002. So for over 200 years of banking in the USA, it was allowed, no problem. Yet people were still arrested..... for doing illegal things.

Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I bet there are more people on here who owe banks money that are trying to figure out a way to get funds than those who are actually committing crimes.

I seriously doubt that. People find this forum who got suspended for selling bootlegs on ebay or they are having general issues with paypal / ebay. You and I both know that PayPal nor eBay is going to suspend you just because.. you have to be violating some sort of terms.

I've had dozens of accounts suspended.. either being linked to previous accounts or because I was selling something or violating TOS.

I've since straightened up and have had ZERO problems in over a year.. Point it, people come here with bad intentions. Not because they owe banks money and are trying to open another account. There are plenty of second chance banks out there that will be glad to take anyone.
Old 10-08-2010
MU

I was suspended from ebay 3 years ago... never once sold anything illegal, never violated terms....

That's a load of bullpucky. They do suspend people every day just because. Paypal suspends because of beacon score reasons, "suspicious" transactions, dispute result time, traveling abroad, having NO credit, maybe they just don't like the cut of your jib. Maybe you should read the terms.... Ebay is even worse....

Don't project your crap on here without getting your facts straight. I never said people don't commit crimes, but who are you to say they do? You were kicked from ebay. You must have violated their terms.... shame on you.

Last edited by First Edition; 10-08-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I was suspended from ebay 3 years ago... never once sold anything illegal, never violated terms....

That's a load of bullpucky. They do suspend people every day just because. Paypal suspends because of beacon score reasons, "suspicious" transactions, dispute result time, traveling abroad, having NO credit, maybe they just don't like the cut of your jib. Maybe you should read the terms.... Ebay is even worse....

Don't project your crap on here without getting your facts straight. I never said people don't commit crimes, but who are you to say they do? You were kicked from ebay. You must have violated their terms.... shame on you.
Suspicion comes from the fact that transactions that were similar were fraudulent. My paypal account was frozen when I traveled abroad. Guess what, I called paypal explained to them the situation and bam 2 minutes later my account was back. And this was a stealth account.

We clearly have two trains of thought. I happen to coach people now how to sell successfully on ebay, I have a pretty large following. I can tell you, pretty much all of the issues people have with suspension is due to something they* did, not paypal or ebay.

Old 10-08-2010
MU

excuse while I vomit.......

You're the only playing the violin, not I. For what other reson would you join this forum if not for being suspended? You're selling stealth, ANONYMOUSLY without providing ID or SSN? By your own logic, you MUST be up to no good.

Double shame on you.
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Well actually, if you care to *read* Post #33 in this thread you will see that I once did sell bootlegs. I did that all day long, and as a result I did have my fair share of issues. I'm 100% legit now and have been for some time. I have a 2000sqft warehouse stocked with inventory that I have shipped in via Sea. I have 3 fulltime employees, I pay income taxes...I'm as legit as they come now ~ in that sense.

I do have a number of paypal accounts. My main paypal account is linked with my SSN.

The reason why I have other accounts is I still have that "just incase" mind set as it used to be necessary for me.

I'm not against stealth accounts, I never said that. I am against people with the intentions of robbing people. That rubbed you the wrong way. I'm done with this, as we're no longer providing useful content to this thread. We can argue about this all day long and never see eye to eye. If you wish, I'll allow you to get the last word in.
Old 10-08-2010
MU

Right... you have admitted to selling DVD's, purses, other VERO, and told people to get ID's in order to cash stealth checks...

And you now sell on a stealth paypal which is anonymous.... and you never had the intention of robbing someone, nor has anyone assumed that of you.

Because someone asks if it's possible to open a bank account without ID or ssn you pass judgment?

Shame on you ma'am.
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Are you serious?

The issue is NOT nor has ever been about a Stealth PP Account! You're 100% right what you said in the above post about me. As I've said several times in this thread.. I have sold f@ke crap in my day! I'm not hiding that(post #33, #37).. However, you're wrong in the fact that I just told you my main PP account is linked to my SSN.. AND EIN (post# 37) for that matter. Otherwise there is no way I'd be able to withdraw the amounts I withdraw without being limited.

My Argument was never to question stealth accounts. Once again... I'm against people who are trying to open up *bank accounts* with cruel intentions. (post #25, #37) You DON'T need a bank account in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to open a stealth paypal account. It's that Simple.

Your first post or two on this topic was fine..you are free to your opinion. I'm not mad at you for that. As I stated we have different views and ideals! But now you're argument is off base.

I do agree with you, and I was wrong to post that everyone seeking a bank account that does not require a SSN is upto no good. However, I will still argue that most are up to no good. You can get a bank account without a credit score & with poor credit (even if other banks wrote you off) you may have to pay a premium but it's still possible...so there is no point to try to beat *that* system.. unless 1) you're illegal 2) are up to no good.

You're silly insults and remarks are childish at best, try being an adult about things.

Seriously....I know I said I wouldn't post again.. but I had to defend myself. I'm really done now say all you want. But please remember the Main issue (which is NOT stealth PP accounts), if you want to have an adult conversation about it let me know. Remember, personal attacks signal defeat.

One more note:
You mentioned the ID issue to cash Stealth Checks. Yes. If you have money sitting in your PP account for 180 days obviously the people are satisfied with their purchase and are not filing claims. If you are Ripping people off (selling, getting the money and running) then obviously people will file claims and that money won't last in your stealth PP account for 180 days.

So there IS a different between trying to get money that's been sitting for 180 days.. and opening up bank accounts just to Sell iphones and ipads, get the money and run away.

Last edited by hitch; 10-08-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch View Post
We are all entitled to our own opinion.

But I'm pretty sure that an overwhelmingly high majority of people who are desperately looking for a bank that required no sort of ID is upto something illegal.
This is what set me off.

Period.
Old 10-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Fair enough
Old 10-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgroup View Post
Hey Jeff, Woodforest is mostly in Walmart stores and grocery stores, they target lower income & second chance customers. (It is one of the only banks that will allow someone to open a checking account despite being delinquent on another checking account: Wikipedia)

I assume this is why they might impose holds on large transactions, or any transactions that they might think is "high risk" (sorry for the PP reference, I just had to throw it in there).
A $1,000 EFT is considered a large transaction???? I can't imagine making a thousand dollars a month and having that money on hold every single month for a couple of weeks at a time.
Old 10-12-2010
MU

for someone who is a sub prime customer, yes.....
Old 10-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
for someone who is a sub prime customer, yes.....
But wouldn't they differentiate? My FICO's are over 800 I know this because I got a mortgage about a year ago and pulled my scores before I applied.

I was even approved for the mortgage with NO JOB! And thst is saying a lot in 2009!

Now, had I walked in there with a check for $100k, THAT I could have understood.

No wonder poor people don't want to use banks.