eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Wrong date of birth on PayPal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/134319-wrong-date-birth-paypal-account.html)

Kodil 03-12-2020 06:55 AM

Wrong date of birth on PayPal account

Hello, I have this situation, at 15 years old, that is 7 years ago, I created a PayPal account, don’t ask why, I don’t know myself, and, as I understand it, it was impossible to indicate an age below 18, right? So I indicated the wrong age. Recently, I needed PayPal for purchases on ebay, and, at the first purchase, they requested account verification. Without hesitation, I sent all the documents they requested, BUT, only now I realized that the age would not coincide with the passport. The question is what should I do, contact PayPal support and explain the situation as it is? Or wait, and hope they don’t notice it, which is unlikely.

I read that in such cases they can delete the account, and I will register a new one, agree to the user agreement again, but now without violating anything, with the correct date of birth. Is it right?

And sorry for my English.

rsot 03-12-2020 08:12 AM

Re: Wrong date of birth on PayPal account

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

slokor 03-12-2020 12:40 PM

Id wait and hope for the best. Calling in at this point would only attract attention.
Worst case scenario you lose the account and as you said youll open a new one.
is this a US based account? cause if so they do not have your DOB on file anyway o you might be alright. Not sure how it works with non US accounts though.

JayRay 03-13-2020 12:33 AM

Just wait and see how it goes.

burbur 03-13-2020 03:29 AM

yes i had the same situation around 8 years ago. they told me to create a new account and transfered all the ballance from the account with the wrong bday

yorbin1994 03-14-2020 06:07 AM

You are going to lose count. The exact same thing happened to me.

DigiCambio 03-14-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodil (Post 1076629)
Hello, I have this situation, at 15 years old, that is 7 years ago, I created a PayPal account, don’t ask why, I don’t know myself, and, as I understand it, it was impossible to indicate an age below 18, right? So I indicated the wrong age. Recently, I needed PayPal for purchases on ebay, and, at the first purchase, they requested account verification. Without hesitation, I sent all the documents they requested, BUT, only now I realized that the age would not coincide with the passport. The question is what should I do, contact PayPal support and explain the situation as it is? Or wait, and hope they don’t notice it, which is unlikely.

I read that in such cases they can delete the account, and I will register a new one, agree to the user agreement again, but now without violating anything, with the correct date of birth. Is it right?

And sorry for my English.

You made the issue complicated for yourself as you could easily open a new account with correct DOB instead of using the old account !