eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   what software pp use for passport reading (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/134321-what-software-pp-use-passport-reading.html)

PPbb 03-12-2020 08:24 AM

what software pp use for passport reading

Hello

I noticed that sometimes when you upload your passport in PayPal within 2 minutes you will see "COMPLETED" confirmation.

In other cases even after couple of hours you would still see " submitted for review"

After investigation the issue, I found out that when it says completed it means the passport has been accepted by PayPal system. However, when the status is submitted for review, the agent will tell you that the document is not accepted and usually they will not restore account if that's the case. The problem in the documents is something that agents can't tell because even though they say the document is fine by just looking, if the system says doc is NOT ok, they will adhere and will not remove limitation.

So the thing depends on your creativity. Is there any kind of software we can use to check our documents BEFORE submitting documents to PP?

JayRay 03-12-2020 12:08 PM

Re: what software pp use for passport reading

no one knows

byte 03-14-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPbb (Post 1076650)
Hello

I noticed that sometimes when you upload your passport in PayPal within 2 minutes you will see "COMPLETED" confirmation.

In other cases even after couple of hours you would still see " submitted for review"

After investigation the issue, I found out that when it says completed it means the passport has been accepted by PayPal system. However, when the status is submitted for review, the agent will tell you that the document is not accepted and usually they will not restore account if that's the case. The problem in the documents is something that agents can't tell because even though they say the document is fine by just looking, if the system says doc is NOT ok, they will adhere and will not remove limitation.

So the thing depends on your creativity. Is there any kind of software we can use to check our documents BEFORE submitting documents to PP?

Either a system they've built, or one of the most popular identity verifying services out there. I believe the reason your Paypal account was limited plays a notable role hence why it might go into a manual review or automated.

wendyskenthomas 03-15-2020 12:34 PM

I dont think they are using softwares they just match the details and maybe they have some experts who jusdge the passport is looking original or not

degsey69 03-18-2020 12:38 PM

To verify the numbers on the bottom of the passport is correct they use software called Passport MRZ calculater.

Which means that they can scan the bottom of the passport and read from that code your name, date of birth, and passport numbers, expiry dates.

Basically you need to have in that code what you have on details in the passport and if you search around there is a web site that will generate this info for you for free.

They can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.

PPbb 03-18-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1078243)
To verify the numbers on the bottom of the passport is correct they use software called Passport MRZ calculater.

Which means that they can scan the bottom of the passport and read from that code your name, date of birth, and passport numbers, expiry dates.

Basically you need to have in that code what you have on details in the passport and if you search around there is a web site that will generate this info for you for free.

They can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.

that makes sense@ thanks

agent006140 03-18-2020 04:03 PM

hey can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.

Aviatrix 03-19-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1078287)
hey can not go to the government to verify what is in the passport is OK, so making sure the code on the bottom matches the details is the next best thing.

I'm surprised that you've been here so long and yet are asking such a noob question.

Ebayorbust 03-19-2020 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aviatrix (Post 1078349)
I'm surprised that you've been here so long and yet are asking such a noob question.

Posting a lot does not equate to knowing a lot.

agent006140 03-19-2020 07:11 AM

The reason I ask is that everytime I return to US,the customs officer always tap into a database to verify my passport,also I think others seem to be able to do so as well(like private dectective).
Thats why I ask,is it as easy as changing the code at the bottom of the passport page to match the name,DOB etc on the passport ?
Is this database accessible by Ebay,Paypal etc?like whatever database they use checking driver license,credit rating of individual
Just asking.

james_112233 03-19-2020 07:56 AM

They probably have software but only use it for the serious stuff like paypal loans / credit. But with the thousands of ID's they have to check for the 2.5 EU receiving limit verification I think they just glance at it themselves. If you get a jobsworth looking at your ID expect it to fail. Otherwise it will pass and you can carry on trading.