Is Friends & Family really that bad? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks: 45
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Is Friends & Family really that bad?

I've had accounts that have received over 20K via friends & family (over the course of several months), without issues.

I've had accounts that received a few thousand via Goods & Services get banned permanently. (Even with all documents, receipts, proof of fulfillment, etc.)

This causes me to question the concept that "F&F bad, G&S good". It seems more complicated than that.

From PayPal's perspective, G&S has more chargeback risk. Friends and family payments are gifts that can't be charged back. Whereas every G&S transaction can be subject to a refund claim for 180 days.

If I were running a payment service, I'd be more worried about the risk of chargebacks on shady accounts than 2.9% lost revenue on small transactions...

Am I wrong?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
tinsoldier's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3,192
Thanks: 73
Thanked 758 Times in 635 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 21%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Yes you are wrong, they have the means to recover loses (very few chargebacks go unpaid by the account holder anyway) including fees from those of us who donít defraud them.

Forums like this create a warped perspective on reality.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tinsoldier For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (3 Weeks Ago)
  #3  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 66 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 11%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

from my expiereince when a paypal gets limited and they ask for documents and if you had for example 100 G&S transaction and 1 family and friend transaction they will always ask for the purpose of this transaction.

few years ago i used to sell Gold in onlinegames and recived regulary 200-1000 EUR with family and friend (around 1-3k every month). I never had a restriction on that paypal or any other problems.

I had also another paypal which got banned after sending 1k with family and friend to another paypal (no limitation just a direct ban). this was the only "weird" thing i did with that paypal.

I think G&S is beter
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burbur For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (3 Weeks Ago)
  #4  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,194
Thanks: 866
Thanked 550 Times in 511 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

G&S are for goods and services and paypal gets paid for porcessing your transaction,F&F is for non goods and services,it is courtesy extended to its members.
If you are running a business,you should use G&S,else it is called fee avoidance.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks: 45
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
G&S are for goods and services and paypal gets paid for porcessing your transaction,F&F is for non goods and services,it is courtesy extended to its members.
If you are running a business,you should use G&S,else it is called fee avoidance.
True, although I believe, as with any merchant that handles transactions, part of the fee goes toward insuring against the risk of fraud-related chargebacks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks: 45
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
from my expiereince when a paypal gets limited and they ask for documents and if you had for example 100 G&S transaction and 1 family and friend transaction they will always ask for the purpose of this transaction.

few years ago i used to sell Gold in onlinegames and recived regulary 200-1000 EUR with family and friend (around 1-3k every month). I never had a restriction on that paypal or any other problems.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Although for your example, if you had 100 transactions which went smoothly, at what point did you manage to get flagged? Do you know what caused it?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,194
Thanks: 866
Thanked 550 Times in 511 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

ONE CAN still get his money back when paying you F & F,by filing chargeback with his cc issuer,and Paypal would not protect the seller
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks: 45
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
ONE CAN still get his money back when paying you F & F,by filing chargeback with his cc issuer,and Paypal would not protect the seller
I don't know about you, but usually when I send by F&F I am just unloading the cash in the paypal account to another account which has a bank account attached and can therefore withdraw...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,194
Thanks: 866
Thanked 550 Times in 511 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathProfessor View Post
I don't know about you, but usually when I send by F&F I am just unloading the cash in the paypal account to another account which has a bank account attached and can therefore withdraw...
so you are just sending your own money from one account to another.
(neither friend or family,but alter ego/or Dy Jackyl and Mr Hyde !
Paypal watches F & F closely
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks: 45
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
so you are just sending your own money from one account to another.
(neither friend or family,but alter ego/or Dy Jackyl and Mr Hyde !
Paypal watches F & F closely
Yes I have multiple personalities and genders.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
BleepBloop's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 65
Thanks: 46
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 25%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathProfessor View Post
I don't know about you, but usually when I send by F&F I am just unloading the cash in the paypal account to another account which has a bank account attached and can therefore withdraw...
That is fine. Do this m'self from time to time; balance to balance to withdrawal. The system knows you own the other account. It'd be weird to ding you for sending money to yourself.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BleepBloop For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (3 Weeks Ago)
  #12  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 120
Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 68%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Yes you are wrong, they have the means to recover loses (very few chargebacks go unpaid by the account holder anyway) including fees from those of us who donít defraud them.

Forums like this create a warped perspective on reality.
Is it the forum or people like you and your best friend agent?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 120
Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 68%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
so you are just sending your own money from one account to another.
(neither friend or family,but alter ego/or Dy Jackyl and Mr Hyde !
Paypal watches F & F closely
you're a real character...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 120
Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 68%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Friends & Family really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleepBloop View Post
That is fine. Do this m'self from time to time; balance to balance to withdrawal. The system knows you own the other account. It'd be weird to ding you for sending money to yourself.
huh? people get dinged all the time. What can we expect from someone named BleepBloop
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friends & Family. byrontampera PayPal Talk 1 03-23-2018 09:10 AM
Friends and family safe? Lunchy PayPal Talk 1 03-15-2018 08:58 PM
No friends or family Manckid356 PayPal Talk 5 02-07-2018 07:07 AM
Do you tell your friends/family what you do? sdot10 eBay Discussion! 45 04-01-2015 11:28 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts