eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal New Business Account Documentation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/135806-paypal-new-business-account-documentation.html)

psto42 05-04-2020 08:31 PM

PayPal New Business Account Documentation

Quick question for those more knowledgeable than I am. Immediately on creating a new business account PayPal asked for business documentation. No problem, since it's a legitimate account, but is this usual behavior? I provided them with the appropriate documents several weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

I have no problem scuttling this account and starting over if it's flagged or limited for some reason, not interested in playing games with PayPal and having them hold money for six months is why I'm asking. I get the impression that if they're asking for documents, it means there's something fishy about the account and they're just fishing for info, correct?

agent006140 05-04-2020 09:19 PM

Re: PayPal New Business Account Documentation

not really.

SaiJin 05-05-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psto42 (Post 1091068)
Quick question for those more knowledgeable than I am. Immediately on creating a new business account PayPal asked for business documentation. No problem, since it's a legitimate account, but is this usual behavior? I provided them with the appropriate documents several weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

I have no problem scuttling this account and starting over if it's flagged or limited for some reason, not interested in playing games with PayPal and having them hold money for six months is why I'm asking. I get the impression that if they're asking for documents, it means there's something fishy about the account and they're just fishing for info, correct?

If they asked for an EIN that's normal when you create the account, but just asking for other documents out of the blue is a little alarming.

I'd not use the account too much for a few week and see if they do anything just to be safe.

Use your other accounts in the mean time.

Tim007 05-05-2020 03:50 AM

Paypal may require EIN and the product/serves you are going to sell. These are common info you need to provide.

Ozzie_Stealth 05-05-2020 09:47 AM

Sometime you have to give them the articles of incorporation. They take longer in some countries to verify business accounts

psto42 05-05-2020 02:11 PM

Thanks for the replies. To be clear, they of course asked for the EIN and type of business on account creation but immediately afterwards asked for supporting documentation. I sent IRS form SS-4 for proof of EIN and address. Waited a few weeks without hearing anything and dropped them a line last night. This morning all restrictions were lifted on the account, so I guess something flagged it, curious what it was. New phone/sim/number/email/bank account/debit card/address/EIN.