Hey Modee! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-30-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Hey Modee!

I have been looking for the answer on the forum and thought I would go to the expert. Does Ebay require you to have a PP account or a merchant account now? Thats the impression I'm getting from your posts.

I have been selling on Ebay since '97 and have had at least 20 accounts in that time. I have never had a PP account and its never been a problem. I don't like paying the PP charges or getting involved in some of the horror stories I've heard about frozen accounts. I've sold 10's of thousands of items with no problem by just taking checks and MO's.

The last account I set up was in March of this year and they didn't require PP then. Has it changed?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Darn just when I was going to answer your question. Oh well, moddeeeeeeee comeee on downnnn !!
Old 09-30-2007
Threadstarter  

Go ahead and answer, Xru, I don't see anything but you're post here.
Old 09-30-2007
Threadstarter  

I think I get it. You just indicate you have a merchant account and tell anybody that wants to charge with a card that they can use BidPay. I used to do that years ago and people would get furious with me when they found out BidPay charged a fee to them. I'll bet they still get mad, but I don't use PP and never will, so I'm stuck with it I guess.

I miss the old Ebay of ten years ago. I would go to gun shows and buy antique handguns and German WWII items (Nazi) and I sold them on Ebay for 10-40 times what I paid for them. It was wonderful then, I had 5 different Ebay phone numbers and knew the people on a first name basis at the headquarters.

I had to change my user ID a few times because there were Holocaust deniers that would leave you a huge amount of negative FB for the Nazi items, you could leave non-item related FB in those days. I mean, a Nazi sword or dagger is just as legit as an American one, gimmee a break.

That all changed in '99 when Ebay changed their policies. Then I started going to camera shows and buying antique cameras and made a killing with them. About 2001 I started hearing what I called the 'Ebay Echo' at the shows. Everywhere you went the dealers were whispering about Ebay, and I knew it was over, the days of buying low and selling very high. Now its very hard to find the good stuff, Ebay has ruined it. Ah, the good old days..
Old 10-03-2007

Longevity: 99%

Bidpay doesn't charge buyers anymore.

Modee, what do you do when a buyer emails you asking if you'll take X payment option in the middle of a listing? Do you answer or just wait until the end and tell the winner what options you'll accept?