eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Payment held; for how long? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/138158-payment-held-how-long.html)

Mayhard 08-04-2020 07:25 AM

Payment held; for how long?

I have sold a service with my brand new paypal account. Received the following letter:

"We've placed the payment on hold because we noticed that you're a new PayPal seller and will need time to build a positive selling history. The amount will appear in your pending balance and will be available after the order is fulfilled.

Here's what you can do to get your payment sooner

Add a valid tracking number and your payment will be available 1 day after the carrier reports the shipment has been delivered.

If your item doesn’t need to be shipped, (e.g., e-ticket or piano lessons) update the order status and your payment will be available within 7 days after verification."

After receiving the payment I updated the order status instantly, 7 days have passed money is still not here.

Does anyone have experience with this? How long before my funds are released?

pisports 08-04-2020 08:11 AM

Re: Payment held; for how long?

If 7 days passed it maybe 10 days or 21 days.they not telling you for how long they will release it in the hold notice now.you have to wait and see.

notto37 08-05-2020 03:16 AM

If you do nothing most probably 21 days but you can contact them and might be released earlier or at least a more specific date given

@NasterXchange 08-05-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayhard (Post 1108967)
I have sold a service with my brand new paypal account. Received the following letter:

"We've placed the payment on hold because we noticed that you're a new PayPal seller and will need time to build a positive selling history. The amount will appear in your pending balance and will be available after the order is fulfilled.

Add a valid tracking number and your payment will be available 1 day after the carrier reports the shipment has been delivered.

If your item doesn’t need to be shipped, (e.g., e-ticket or piano lessons) update the order status and your payment will be available within 7 days after verification."

After receiving the payment I updated the order status instantly, 7 days have passed money is still not here.

I have seen that already.
Ask your customer to confirm receipt at his/her end to speed up the process. Otherwise probably 21 days for release.

rsot 08-05-2020 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @NasterXchange (Post 1109090)
I have seen that already.
Ask your customer to confirm receipt at his/her end to speed up the process. Otherwise probably 21 days for release.

Right on - don't rely heavily on funds to be released on time

PepsiCoin 08-05-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayhard (Post 1108967)

letter or email message?

SaiJin 08-05-2020 09:31 PM

This is normal... you always get a 21 day hold on payments for new accounts until you establish yourself to be trust worth and not get disputes...

Mayhard 08-08-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1109181)
This is normal... you always get a 21 day hold on payments for new accounts until you establish yourself to be trust worth and not get disputes...

but that's the thing, it says 7 days, not 21

raAlfa 08-08-2020 04:48 AM

In some countries there is no 21 day hold, you receive a payment and can directly use it or add a tracking number and its available in 1 day. So its not "always" 21 days, just choose the right country for your stealth accounts.

This could be also custom for the country your Paypal account is in and then you will have the funds available at the time they state. Provide a tracking number and get your funds earlier... self explanatory and actually works.

Mayhard 08-11-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raAlfa (Post 1109487)
In some countries there is no 21 day hold, you receive a payment and can directly use it or add a tracking number and its available in 1 day. So its not "always" 21 days, just choose the right country for your stealth accounts.

which countries are those?

agent006140 08-11-2020 01:06 PM

some sellers will send a thank you note with tracking if you can justify doing so.
or a copy of the service content

Muts 08-12-2020 04:06 PM

7 days if the buyer from the same country as your account otherwise 14 days

Daniel1 08-18-2020 05:33 PM

from what I've seen, after updating the order status, money becomes available most of the time in the 8th business day most of the times.

or update it and ask the buyer to confirm that he/she has received the service.

I think the confirm button doesn't appear for the buyer immediately after updating the order status, in this case, wait few hours or a day and then ask.

booras 08-18-2020 05:39 PM

Its never 7 days (For services).
Can be 10,12,14,21 Days or ask buyer to confirm order.