eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Large companies that use PayPal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/138951-large-companies-use-paypal.html)

TheyBannedMe 09-15-2020 10:23 PM

Large companies that use PayPal

If you look around aspkin, you find threads and threads of people talking about how Paypal can't be trusted with balance, paypal limiting users for too many chargebacks, doing this and that.

But what I'm confused about is all the large companies that process payments with Paypal: Spotify, Adidas, Steam, G2A (in some cases), Kobo, Google Play, Microsoft, etc - the list can go on for ages.

With the exception of perhaps Adidas and (in some cases) Microsoft, a lot of these large, legit companies are selling virtual items with no tracking number.

How do these companies do it? Surely they get a ton of chargebacks too. They probably have hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting in Paypal, even if they withdraw every day. Do you bet Paypal ever limits them?

invaluable 09-15-2020 10:30 PM

Re: Large companies that use PayPal

They are established 'partners' and have contracts as far as i know. Surely, their accounts can be limited due to the fact that the paypal system is a crap, but they can restore it anytime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyBannedMe (Post 1114994)
If you look around aspkin, you find threads and threads of people talking about how Paypal can't be trusted with balance, paypal limiting users for too many chargebacks, doing this and that.

But what I'm confused about is all the large companies that process payments with Paypal: Spotify, Adidas, Steam, G2A (in some cases), Kobo, Google Play, Microsoft, etc - the list can go on for ages.

With the exception of perhaps Adidas and (in some cases) Microsoft, a lot of these large, legit companies are selling virtual items with no tracking number.

How do these companies do it? Surely they get a ton of chargebacks too. They probably have hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting in Paypal, even if they withdraw every day. Do you bet Paypal ever limits them?

rsot 09-16-2020 03:12 AM

Some of these companies have highly dedicated IT, Finance, and Legal teams too so that helps

MathProfessor 09-19-2020 05:29 AM

They limit your account because they think you might be a scammer or money launderer. They do not think this about microsoft/google.

agent006140 09-19-2020 09:25 AM

Apple Itunes once accepted Paypal but not anymore as customers will download and file INR.
Not everyone wants to scam MSFT,GOOGLE ,as they would be banned in the future

Rdown 09-19-2020 09:22 PM

Larger companies have a Paypal Rep that visits them and they have a direct line.

I was working at a larger company when the sales rep came out to make the sale.

It's completely different to how the average consumer gets treated.

agent006140 09-19-2020 09:40 PM

They make enough so if a few file disputes,they just let them have their money back and blacklist them,I bet Paypal takes note of such as well

Valhalla1 09-25-2020 05:06 PM

I remember someone who filed chargebacks against rapidshare and megaupload (before they face issues due to copyright violations) on 2010. He received his money back, but he was blacklisted after that. Paypal limited him indefinately.

agent006140 09-25-2020 05:55 PM

There are plumbers,wedding caterers,photographers,hair stylist,massuers who accept paypal,and learn NEVER AGAIN.
There are also some web designers whose customer file INR ,but Paypal has said they will review case by case basis,

rsot 09-26-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdown (Post 1115573)
Larger companies have a Paypal Rep that visits them and they have a direct line.

I was working at a larger company when the sales rep came out to make the sale.

It's completely different to how the average consumer gets treated.

Makes logical sense with the cashflow expected...

getstealthed 09-27-2020 03:11 PM

Paypal will take a hit in 2022 when ebay goes away, i would short those stock before annoucement.

Since begining, paypal is a heaven for scammers. They arent a bank, they fully rely on the profit from fees.
Imo its a miracle they never bin shut down by us or eu, must have some powerfull friends.