Laptop Device ID & PayPal (How To Hide) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-20-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Exclamation Laptop Device ID & PayPal (How To Hide)

Hi All,
Please keep in mind I use a MacBook Pro as this may help guide your responses
This has been posted a few times over the years but the information was old (years ago) so I wanted to ask again for 2020.

I received a *Permanent Limitation* on PayPal about 8 months ago. Recently my cousin (does not have same last name or live at same address as me) has volunteered to give me his PayPal account.

My intention is to create a new "User Partition" on the MacBook Pro. This can be done by clicking on Settings, Users and click "+" to create a new user.
As I understand the MacBook treats this new user as though it is a TOTALLY new user with no shared information whatever - almost like a total HD wipe except without having to actually do it.

I would then bring the laptop to my cousins house, have him setup the PayPal business account and away I go.

Now I'm wondering what are people's thoughts on how easily PayPal would be able to track/identify me although its setup on a totally new partition/user account on the computer.

I can't stress enough that the entire guiding principle behind "Users" on a Mac is somewhat similar to how it is on Windows. No information is shared or co-opted between users and the machine treats them as though they are totally seperate entities/partitions. No cookies. No tracking. Nada

I had read before that PayPal can track "Device ID's" and I thought this might be more applicable to Phones than it is to laptops/desktop devices.

I saw other people in threads years older suggesting to simply make a Virtual Machine partition and go ahead from there. I could do that but creating a "new User" on the Mac achieves exactly the same result I'm fairly sure.

So throwing it over to you guys to see what you think? The other alternative (which I am not overly keen on) is purchasing a totally new laptop and using that one only for my cousins PayPal.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!