Can i link a new paypal account to a old ebay account ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Can i link a new paypal account to a old ebay account ?

I am having a headache when I come across a case that is: both my personal and business paypal accounts are locked forever and $ 50k in both accounts are being held 180 days by paypal.

as HangInThere said "welcome to the permanently banned club". and I am trying to find a way to get both of my accounts restored. I have followed the instructions of HangInThere to write an explanation sent to paypal and i am waiting for their response.

I don't know how long it will take to get a response from Paypal. A member of my family also sells items on ebay and they also have a paypal account.

During this time can I borrow an account from a member of my family and link it to my ebay account?

And will this have any effect on my ebay account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2020

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Can i link a new paypal account to a old ebay account ?

It will get the borrowed account taken down, for certain.

Have you registered for Managed Payments, as eBay have not banned you just wait it out until you are up and running, I usually add $100 to each listing until confirmed that MP is active and reduce the price back to normal.

There is a way to get your money out of PayPal earlier, a website out there has the details, basically you make yourself a pain in the neck to them by, contacting the BBB and complain, also contact as many federal agencies which is connect to with holding money, your state attorney general office, the state attorney of PayPal’s home state. Contact the state police of PayPal state complain your money is in essence stolen by them for no reason. I have even heard of people complain to the ITC. If it had been a smaller amount small claims court is good they would rather pay you than the cost of an attorney in court. There is a website with all this info out there but I can not find it for this thread. Also you can use their message system in the PayPal account and you can also call them as well. For $50,000 I would be the biggest pain in their butt and they pay to make you go away
Old 11-28-2020

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post

Have you registered for Managed Payments, as eBay have not banned you just wait it out until you are up and running, I usually add $100 to each listing until confirmed that MP is active and reduce the price back to normal.

There is a way to get your money out of PayPal earlier, a website out there has the details, basically you make yourself a pain in the neck to them by, contacting the BBB and complain, also contact as many federal agencies which is connect to with holding money, your state attorney general office, the state attorney of PayPal’s home state. Contact the state police of PayPal state complain your money is in essence stolen by them for no reason. I have even heard of people complain to the ITC. If it had been a smaller amount small claims court is good they would rather pay you than the cost of an attorney in court. There is a website with all this info out there but I can not find it for this thread. Also you can use their message system in the PayPal account and you can also call them as well. For $50,000 I would be the biggest pain in their butt and they pay to make you go away
is there an alternative to do this in the UK for stealth??
Old 11-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless1 View Post
I am having a headache when I come across a case that is: both my personal and business paypal accounts are locked forever and $ 50k in both accounts are being held 180 days by paypal.

as HangInThere said "welcome to the permanently banned club". and I am trying to find a way to get both of my accounts restored. I have followed the instructions of HangInThere to write an explanation sent to paypal and i am waiting for their response.

I don't know how long it will take to get a response from Paypal. A member of my family also sells items on ebay and they also have a paypal account.

During this time can I borrow an account from a member of my family and link it to my ebay account?

And will this have any effect on my ebay account?
degsey69 is correct - don't borrow a family account and create headaches via linking
Old 11-28-2020

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

if people think just because there is a lot of money involved and you complain to every one under the sun,Paypal is goIng to cave in.
WRONG
-BIG MONey would cause big losses for Paypal if OP has done something wrong
-Big money warrants legal attention,either in house or outside law firm
-Small claim count is no big deal,send a junior law clerk to show up
-every institution under the sun is swarmed with these kinds of requests,you have done something which violate rules/regulations,it is your ASS,not theirs,they have better things to do.
what did you sell or do to accumulate so much in 2 accounts?
Your only option is to hire a lawyer who would milk you
Old 11-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
degsey69 is correct - don't borrow a family account and create headaches via linking
each Ebay and Paypal account has a unique number assigned,so Paypal can tell these 2 paypal accounts share one Ebay account and the Ebay seller is doing the same thing again which get his first 2 PAYPAL accounts locked up,or may be not,say if he was selling XXXX items ,and now he sells good old fashion vitamin pills,and his Ebay account is fine,so should Paypal lockup his new Paypal account for selling something legit?
Old 11-28-2020

I dont know how many of you have small claims court experience,I have and it is time consuming and stressful-
first you must prove you have made an effort t o collect the $$ by sending the other party certified mail t o his formal address TWICE in my state
-then you go to city office and file a claim.there is fee involved
-then you show up in court,there is a row call,the judge will ask you and the other party to work it out via mediatiion,if nothing gets accomlished,then come back after lunch and the judge will hear your case.
So you and the pAYPAL rep and a mediator go to a room 3 by 6 ft with no window and just a fan,hash and rehash the detail ,mediator will offer a compromise,if both sides agree,then case settled.
Court is not obliged to collect the money for you,it is up to you to do so.
if no agreement made,then go back to court room and present the case to the judge,it will be wise to bring your lawyer with you
Old 11-28-2020

also,if you have to file in California,the amount is $7500 max
Old 11-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post

I signed up for the ebay manage payment program 2 months ago and I am still waiting for the response from ebay.

however, as soon as my paypal account is locked, I understand that I should contact ebay and ask them to let me join the ebay manage payment program.

They told me that my account will only be involved in 2021. And I cannot wait until then, as I am a full time seller on ebay.

I explained to ebay staff what happened with my paypal account. and the ebay support seemed to understand that paypal was the cause, so she told me She will try to write a report for my account and summit to the higher department and my account will be added to the ebay manage payment next month.

I wrote an appeal and attached the necessary documents and sent it to the email of different paypal departments with the intention of having them review my account again.

Even though i followed Paypal Staff's advice.We're really disappointed that the final result i got was that both of my accounts were restricted.
Old 11-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if people think just because there is a lot of money involved and you complain to every one under the sun,Paypal is goIng to cave in.
WRONG
-BIG MONey would cause big losses for Paypal if OP has done something wrong
-Big money warrants legal attention,either in house or outside law firm
-Small claim count is no big deal,send a junior law clerk to show up
-every institution under the sun is swarmed with these kinds of requests,you have done something which violate rules/regulations,it is your ASS,not theirs,they have better things to do.
what did you sell or do to accumulate so much in 2 accounts?
Your only option is to hire a lawyer who would milk you
I contacted the PayPal’s staff through the message support via my personal business account about our business structure were changed from a Sole Proprietor to an LLC partnership. And i asked them how do ebay’s and website’s revenue be counted as my LLC's revenue.

We were informed by Paypal’s staff that “ Since I used my SSN to register for my personal account there is no other way except that i should use the LLC’s EIN issued by IRS to create a new paypal account for our LLC.”

At that moment i knew that creating two accounts would be against PayPal's user agreement.

He told us that I can use the company's EIN number issued by IRS to create a new PayPal business account. And this doesn't theoretically go against the PayPal's user agreement*because this is a business account created from company's EIN.

After i finished to sign up a new business account for my LLC through our business email. I started linking my company PayPal account to my eBay account earlier this November. And today what I got back is that both of my personal and LLC accounts were restricted without any*explanation from PayPal.

I wrote many appeals, and I even left a complaint on BBB and am waiting for their response.

I also intend to ask someone from the lawyer's office to intervene in this matter. However, I don't have any experience at all.
Old 11-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless1 View Post
I contacted the PayPal’s staff through the message support via my personal business account about our business structure were changed from a Sole Proprietor to an LLC partnership. And i asked them how do ebay’s and website’s revenue be counted as my LLC's revenue.

We were informed by Paypal’s staff that “ Since I used my SSN to register for my personal account there is no other way except that i should use the LLC’s EIN issued by IRS to create a new paypal account for our LLC.”

At that moment i knew that creating two accounts would be against PayPal's user agreement.

He told us that I can use the company's EIN number issued by IRS to create a new PayPal business account. And this doesn't theoretically go against the PayPal's user agreement*because this is a business account created from company's EIN.

After i finished to sign up a new business account for my LLC through our business email. I started linking my company PayPal account to my eBay account earlier this November. And today what I got back is that both of my personal and LLC accounts were restricted without any*explanation from PayPal.

I wrote many appeals, and I even left a complaint on BBB and am waiting for their response.

I also intend to ask someone from the lawyer's office to intervene in this matter. However, I don't have any experience at all.
Ebay linked my business to my personal account.But then lifted the limit when i showed i was an LLC and not technically "affiliated" with my personal account. Sorry to hear you're going through all that hell. Never leave too much money in paypal I learned this early.

I stop selling if i have too much on hold.
Old 11-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Even though i did follow PayPal Staff's advice.Sadly that the final result we got was that both of our accounts were restricted.

I written an appeal and waiting for there response
Old 12-10-2020

Hello Folks,
I'm on the same boat. I've got permanently limited paypal and now my ebay is fine.
I really want to continue working on my ebay so I went to bank and ordered debit card on different name just to create new PP. I'm planning not to link it to ebay just to put the new PP information in the payment policy.
What is your opinion on that?
Old 12-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_bn View Post
Hello Folks,
I'm on the same boat. I've got permanently limited paypal and now my ebay is fine.
I really want to continue working on my ebay so I went to bank and ordered debit card on different name just to create new PP. I'm planning not to link it to ebay just to put the new PP information in the payment policy.
What is your opinion on that?
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...ml#post1130093