Accept PayPal payments without PayPal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-12-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Accept PayPal payments without PayPal account?

I heard there was a merchant account that allows paypal payments, even though it is not paypal.

Is this true?

I want to sell things on my website, and allow people to pay with paypal, without having a paypal business account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2020

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Accept PayPal payments without PayPal account?

Don't think you can far as i know, as it may violate Paypal TOS and it is money laundering that is even a bigger Paypal concern.
Old 12-12-2020

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwax7 View Post
Don't think you can far as i know, as it may violate Paypal TOS and it is money laundering that is even a bigger Paypal concern.
money laundering?
Old 12-12-2020

Longevity: 54%

Paypal will not allow there services to be used without an account, due to fraud purposes, which may violate AUP including money laundering. This is why UK accounts may receive a reminder "you have funds in paypal" message.
Old 12-13-2020
Threadstarter  

I remember someone saying that PayPal operates a slightly rebranded service that acts as a merchant account that also accepts PayPal payments?

My issue is that I want to charge a monthly subscription, but PayPal requires users to create a PayPal account in order to set up a monthly subscription, and some of my users may not want to do that...

(But some users might want to)

Last edited by MathProfessor; 12-13-2020 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2020

Longevity: 21%

It's definitely possible. This is how eBay MP works. You're not using any PP account but buyer is paying via PP and eBay is accepting money using their own big PP account and then eventually transfer the money to MP bank account.

Buyer money moves from their PP to eBay's big PP. Then eBay transfers the money to seller's bank.

In a way, seller is accepting buyer's money from buyer's PP in seller's bank account without having any PP of their own.

This is what you're looking for and eBay MP is able to process this without violating and T&C so you need to dig deep in researach to findout a way for your website.

Helpful or out of topic answer ? I'm confused :P
Old 12-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofsilence View Post
It's definitely possible. This is how eBay MP works. You're not using any PP account but buyer is paying via PP and eBay is accepting money using their own big PP account and then eventually transfer the money to MP bank account.

Buyer money moves from their PP to eBay's big PP. Then eBay transfers the money to seller's bank.

In a way, seller is accepting buyer's money from buyer's PP in seller's bank account without having any PP of their own.

This is what you're looking for and eBay MP is able to process this without violating and T&C so you need to dig deep in researach to findout a way for your website.

Helpful or out of topic answer ? I'm confused :P
Thanks for your answer. I don't mind having a paypal business account (I already have one)

But I want the user to be able to sign up for a subscription without having to make a paypal account, which is currently not possible in Europe.

Therefore I want to use another payment provider, but I want to know if it's still possible to take paypal payments...
Old 12-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathProfessor View Post
Thanks for your answer. I don't mind having a paypal business account (I already have one)

But I want the user to be able to sign up for a subscription without having to make a paypal account, which is currently not possible in Europe.

Therefore I want to use another payment provider, but I want to know if it's still possible to take paypal payments...
I understood the question clearly now. As far as I know and can think, it's not possible. It's an interesting question, I'll do some research for fun and will let you know if something is useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soundofsilence For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

when someone make payment to an email address which is not a Paypal account email address,Paypal will send a message to that email address telling it it has received payment.
then you will have to go and open an account with that email address.
Thats how it works in the past,dunno if it has changed.
or if you already have a paypal account,you can have up tp 6 email addresses for that account,why not set one up
Old 12-13-2020

Longevity: 27%

It's definitely possibly to accept paypal payments without a paypal account, that might be an angle. Maybe contact Adyen for example for further info.
Old 12-13-2020

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

not sure if he does not open an Ayden account via Ebay,he can accept Paypal payments,as they are competitors.
A regular Ayden account is a merchant account,see its website
Old 12-13-2020

Please re-read the OP replies,

OP has no issue in using PayPal to accept payments.
What they want is to allow their buyers to pay monthly subscription without any PayPal account.

OP want to use PP to accept payment.
OP is selling subscription service.

Buyer of the OP should be able to subscribe to pay periodically to OP's website without having PP account.

Am I making sense ?

For example, I don't have PP account and OP's website accepts payments through PP or any other payment provider.

I want to purchase subscription from OP's website without having PP account.

As far as I know it's not possible with the limited data we've gathered so OP's question is how to make this impossible possible ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soundofsilence For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofsilence View Post
Please re-read the OP replies,

OP has no issue in using PayPal to accept payments.
What they want is to allow their buyers to pay monthly subscription without any PayPal account.

OP want to use PP to accept payment.
OP is selling subscription service.

Buyer of the OP should be able to subscribe to pay periodically to OP's website without having PP account.

Am I making sense ?

For example, I don't have PP account and OP's website accepts payments through PP or any other payment provider.

I want to purchase subscription from OP's website without having PP account.

As far as I know it's not possible with the limited data we've gathered so OP's question is how to make this impossible possible ?
Yes, thank you for the accurate summary.

I think it is not possible -- paypal says that it only does guest subscriptions in the US & Canada.

It seems like I will need something like stripe to handle card subscriptions, and then if I wanted subscriptions from paypal I'd also have to have a paypal payment method as an alternative. (Which seems excessively complicated)

I think I will just use stripe.
Old 12-15-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathProfessor View Post
Yes, thank you for the accurate summary.

I think it is not possible -- paypal says that it only does guest subscriptions in the US & Canada.

It seems like I will need something like stripe to handle card subscriptions, and then if I wanted subscriptions from paypal I'd also have to have a paypal payment method as an alternative. (Which seems excessively complicated)

I think I will just use stripe.

Welcome and sad to know that there is no wayout at this point in time. Yup, stripe can be used as we either dont know or not possible to do it using other (desired) means.

All the best!!
Old 12-16-2020

Longevity: 42%

There is such a service, its called Enhanced Recurring Payments for $19.99/month I believe, although its only for US PayPal Business account users. For more info, go about making a Automatic Billing Button and click "Learn More" button.
Old 12-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleepBloop View Post
There is such a service, its called Enhanced Recurring Payments for $19.99/month I believe, although its only for US PayPal Business account users. For more info, go about making a Automatic Billing Button and click "Learn More" button.
US PP ? it's possible but UK pp ? it's not possible at the moment. :(