eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal PHYSICAL address & IP (Doesn't make sense to me) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/141513-paypal-physical-address-ip-doesnt-make-sense-me.html)

Angelus512 01-18-2021 09:49 PM

PayPal PHYSICAL address & IP (Doesn't make sense to me)

Hi All,
So I'm assuming some moderators and experienced members of this community should already know the answer to this question. I've read some of the older threads and the answers provided over the years simply don't make sense with reality (in my view).

1. Physical address of PayPal account.
I am in the process of having my wife create a PayPal business account (for legit purposes) and as part of the verification PayPal wants to see bank statements and stuff like that with the address on it. My wife does not share the same last name as me.

Now I've seen people saying how "you can't use a physical address from a banned account" but.......lets get real? People move IN and OUT of the same address a lot. Especially rental properties. So having a physical address just banned doesn't make any kind of sense to me otherwise loads of people would experience PayPal issues just because some random who USED to live there before had a PayPal problem?

2. IP Addresses
This again is something I understand the logic behind but I don't agree with. The house I live in for example has Fixed Fiber broadband. Meaning the IP address will always be the same.
If I leave this rental property then the next person living here is going to have the same IP address and so on (I use VPN though just FYI but still....)

So again I'm struggling to see how using the same IP is going to enable PayPal to just ban people when some houses legitimately have fixed IP's that won't ever change and they are rental properties that have people coming and going yearly.

So I'm seeking some legitimate advice on these two points. I could have my wife register her Drivers ID and Bank accounts at my parents house which is a totally seperate location but it would eat up another 1-2 weeks of time.
I'll probably do that to be safe but I'm really looking for honest discussion on the above 1-2 points because I cannot understand how factors which cannot be changed in a RENTAL property are somehow useful metrics for PayPal to choose to ban somebody or not?

Like what happens to Joe Blogs who moves into this house next and isn't me? What he can't use it because I got banned here? Makes zero sense.

So people talking about how you can't use Physical addresses or IP's that were banned before I think are hugely glossing over the fact that loads of properties are rental or commercial real estate (which changes hands/owners frequently) and some of those locations have IP addresses which will forever be fixed/the same.

SaiJin 01-18-2021 10:16 PM

Re: PayPal PHYSICAL address & IP (Doesn't make sense to me)

You should really start with the stealth guide, mate.

It'll truly help you like it did me 15 years ago.

Angelus512 01-18-2021 11:00 PM

Saijin. Thanks for the reply but I've already read the stealth guide and I've already read a lot of the comments on this forum. Of which a great deal are pure conjecture. Apologies I absolutely do not mean to offend but a lot of the replies on the forum are pure throw-aways of "read X"

I've already read this and I'm already well versed on stealth.

I'm genuinely asking for people to explain how on earth they feel that PayPal is going to link a completely different person who isn't me to a banned account based purely on factors which cannot be changed?

Having physical addresses that are rental properties blanket banned is not logical.
Having IP addresses that are fixed line to that address is not logical.

These two things are specific to Commercial and Rental Real Estate that has nothing to do with stealth.

Rental properties exist around the world in the hundreds of millions. Therefore having an address banned somehow because some guy lived there 1-2-3 however many years ago is not logical.

Also some of those properties have fixed lines delivered by the Telco companies that have fixed IP addresses that will never change no matter who lives there.

So I'm honestly asking for a reasonable discussion on how those 2 factors could remotely be considered as something to watch out for?

Because if they were then that logically is making the leap that the next person to live at the address I live at is somehow going to experience a PayPal ban just because I did. And I think we both know thats not going to happen.

Angelus512 01-19-2021 12:28 AM

Ok to clarify for anybody who reads this I can change my IP address at will it seems

Original it was
Then I changed it to

Then I made an even bigger change to

It seems I can change my IP address from my modem settings to virtually anything I want. So the big question is how different does my IP address really have to be in order for PayPal to not notice?
I assume they only logged the first on (.26) and any subsequent change is good enough.