eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Return Request by buyer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/144294-return-request-buyer.html)

PPbb 07-01-2021 07:18 PM

Return Request by buyer
 
So I sold something on ebay. PayPal holds payment. All normal.

However, the buyer 2 days after placing the order he started to send me messages to cancel the order (after it has been already shipped). I said that if you really want to cancel then refuse to receive the shipment and he agreed.

Order still in transit, but the buyer opened return request.

I do see 2 options and I am not sure which one to choose:

1) Accept Return--- they will require buyer to return the order( that is still not received)
2) Decline Request---- I wonder what would happen if i choose this option. Will payment be released immediately after this?

Buyer has explicitly written the following " I changed my mind"

So What do you think?

e2free 07-01-2021 07:20 PM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
Accept the return is the vest option for you, buyer had to return it back on its own cost

bruh 07-02-2021 03:30 AM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1160816)
Accept the return is the vest option for you, buyer had to return it back on its own cost

Yes, and you don't look like the bad guy in this case aaand the buyer won't be able to return in time, so you probably take you money too.

rsot 07-02-2021 05:40 AM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
OP, e2free has laid it out for you - good luck

agent006140 07-02-2021 06:42 AM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
where is the buyer?
if he refused the package ,you could end up paying for return postage.
depends on post office,some do not charge return postage

agent006140 07-02-2021 06:43 AM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1160816)
Accept the return is the vest option for you, buyer had to return it back on its own cost

no,OP advised him to refuse the package,he does not have to pay for return postage but OP may have t o

bruh 07-02-2021 06:57 AM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1160899)
no,OP advised him to refuse the package,he does not have to pay for return postage but OP may have t o

If this is the case and the buyer has an option to decline the return, then declining it is best

phaz0rz 07-02-2021 08:19 AM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1160899)
no,OP advised him to refuse the package,he does not have to pay for return postage but OP may have t o


I've never heard of a refused shipment having postage due when it returns to where it came from. I tell my buyers to refuse shipments all the time (like when I reship an order then the original shipment arrives the next day) and have never been charged extra for it.

Don't decline the request OP. That would be just asking for the buyer to contact eBay and complain about you. Accepting is the best move like e2 said. It's a win-win for you. Either the buyer has to pay to send the item back (since they chose "changed mind") or the return request times out and closes before the refused shipment makes its way back to you.

agent006140 07-02-2021 03:42 PM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
I have one case of an USPS shipment going to UK and the buyer refused it ,when it came back to me,I have to pick up return shipping.
With private carriers,like Fed Exp,UPS,Canadian buyers are known to refuse the shipment if they have to pay customs,then Fed Exp will return the package to you,you pay return shipping.
BTW,domestic return shipping may be free,but it could take an awfully long time to get it back

PPbb 07-02-2021 07:03 PM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
I had conversation with ebay support. and they said it is totally up to me whether to accept the return. They also mentioned that if buyer tries contact support they will definitely close in my favor since the initial reason " Changed my mind" is not acceptable reason.

SaiJin 07-02-2021 09:24 PM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPbb (Post 1160985)
I had conversation with ebay support. and they said it is totally up to me whether to accept the return. They also mentioned that if buyer tries contact support they will definitely close in my favor since the initial reason " Changed my mind" is not acceptable reason.

LoL, no, it's really not up to you.

Well, if you trust their word then do as they say and see what happens.

I genuinely hope for the best for you

agent006140 07-03-2021 02:12 PM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
if your listing said no return and the buyer wants to return because he changed his mind,then he will lose the case.
But he can always go to his cc issuer and file a chargeback.
I will just accept return.and block him from future purchase

theintersect 07-12-2021 03:15 PM

Re: Return Request by buyer
 
id decline, eBay will remove negative feedback if he leaves it and eBay will be on your side 100% on this.

granted if its under $30 profit, I'd just accept it and resell especially since managed payments accounts aren't easy to come by lol might need to start being careful


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Rotating Residential Proxies? Head to IPBurger for Residential Proxies
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger