eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Friend gave me a paypal business account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/144503-friend-gave-me-paypal-business-account.html)

venz 07-11-2021 09:06 AM

Friend gave me a paypal business account

Hey guys, a couple of days ago my friend gave me a UK paypal business account. (This is a new unused account created a week ago)

Besides trust issues is this account safe to use? Will paypal do anything?

I'm planning to get a UK IP address with ipburger as well

I have not logged into it yet. Is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks!

phaz0rz 07-11-2021 09:18 AM

Re: Friend gave me a paypal business account

I'm not sure how it works with UK accounts but wouldn't tax liability be an issue at some point?

venz 07-11-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1162239)
I'm not sure how it works with UK accounts but wouldn't tax liability be an issue at some point?

Yeah true, the taxes wont be an issue tho.

If I don't use his account I will end up buying one from trusted sellers on this website too.

phaz0rz 07-11-2021 09:37 AM

At least make sure you change the password at some point. :noidea: A common scam is to transfer a Paypal to another party, then later log back in and hijack the account once it has some money in it.

venz 07-11-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1162242)
At least make sure you change the password at some point. :noidea: A common scam is to transfer a Paypal to another party, then later log back in and hijack the account once it has some money in it.

That is true, I will be changing the password in the future and only do like under 500-1k in the paypal account at a time

phaz0rz 07-11-2021 11:17 AM

Also if possible obtain the phone used to create the account and keep it active for as long as you're using the account. You never know when your activity will trigger a "security check" which you'd need the phone to get past.

agent006140 07-11-2021 01:16 PM

He is in the US,how is he going to spend or send the money in his UK Paypal account?or transfer to a bank account?

Bigblackdog 07-12-2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1162258)
He is in the US,how is he going to spend or send the money in his UK Paypal account?or transfer to a bank account?

New Paypal accounts can be difficult

Getting the money out is only one problem. Where the money comes from can also be a big issue

As has already been said Paypal will want phone confirmation every so often and you will need the phone that created the account - how that would work from the US I have no idea

Paypal will want documents after a certain amount

There is the matter of an acceptable UK bank account or credit card

Doable but needs a lot of thought IMO

Good luck with it

:ranger:

agent006140 07-12-2021 08:00 AM

try finding a US friend to open a US Paypal account instead !

phaz0rz 07-12-2021 08:33 AM

As far as I know UK Paypals are still able to spend/send their balances, unlike US accounts. A UK bank account wouldn't necessarily be needed to get funds out of the account as long as the OP is alright with paying an extra 3% or so to cash out. I've used a canada paypal for years now with no bank or card attached.

LiveFree 07-12-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venz (Post 1162238)
Hey guys, a couple of days ago my friend gave me a UK paypal business account. (This is a new unused account created a week ago)

Thanks!

should be good but unsure bout taxes

Maskyy 07-13-2021 04:57 AM

Quote:

Hey guys, a couple of days ago my friend gave me a UK PayPal business account. (This is a new unused account created a week ago)

Besides trust issues is this account safe to use? Will PayPal do anything?

Thanks!

You said unused, meaning no fund has been sent into it. Cool.
Change the email, password, mobile and home number, security question if included.

When you change the password, make sure you tick the "log out of other devices"

Ask your friend for the ID he used to create the account, either original or creative, you'll need it when you exceed the transfer limit. Bank statement will ask too.

No tax if you send out only. And link vcc instead of real bank.

If someone sell or give me a stealth acc. These are stuffs I will do first.

rsot 07-13-2021 05:13 AM

Valid points on this thread for you OP - best of luck :) have a backup account or few going on as well - rotate sales, safer

alexmoreno 07-14-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maskyy (Post 1162475)
You said unused, meaning no fund has been sent into it. Cool.
Change the email, password, mobile and home number, security question if included.

When you change the password, make sure you tick the "log out of other devices"

Ask your friend for the ID he used to create the account, either original or creative, you'll need it when you exceed the transfer limit. Bank statement will ask too.

No tax if you send out only. And link vcc instead of real bank.

If someone sell or give me a stealth acc. These are stuffs I will do first.

Are you sure it's a good idea? I changed password and email and now i can't withdraw to bank. Have error on screen.

Read this reply from paypal support.

Thank you for contacting PayPal and being a valued customer! My name is XXXX and I'm here to make sure you have the best experience with us. I see that you are reaching out because you are trying to withdraw money to your bank account and the system is not letting you. I totally understand your concern about this, but please do not worry, let me take care of it!

I could notice that the Security System got activated. This happens when you make recent profile changes and unusual movements on the account.

Our security system is highly sensitive since we are entrusted with financial accounts. A sudden slight change or unusual place of access or activity on your account can be sensed as a potential fraud and triggers a restriction. Since the restriction is system generated, we cannot determine the exact cause of it. The review process usually takes 48 hours before it will allow you to make a transaction again.

Considering this, I strongly suggest that you do not make another attempt or any change in your account in about 48 to 72 hours, this will help us to remove the block, but trying again or making another change, can take much more time and make the block harder to remove.

I apologize XXXX, I understand that this is not the answer that you were hoping to get, and I know how important this is, but as PayPal is a very secure payment platform, our system does this to protect your account and information.

abdulatif 07-14-2021 11:15 AM

Use cookies for it, it safer.

Maskyy 07-15-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmoreno (Post 1162698)
Are you sure it's a good idea? I changed password and email and now i can't withdraw to bank. Have error on screen.

Read this reply from paypal support.

Considering this, I strongly suggest that you do not make another attempt or any change in your account in about 48 to 72 hours, this will help us to remove the block, but trying again or making another change, can take much more time and make the block harder to remove.

I treat pp as a bank. So I expect such a trigger from their bot. For such trigger, wait 48 or 72 hrs for it to clear.

Also like someone suggested, save their cookies so they can know the changes happened on the same device.

Maskyy 07-15-2021 07:05 AM

You can as well login on new browser

agent006140 07-18-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1162367)
As far as I know UK Paypals are still able to spend/send their balances, unlike US accounts. A UK bank account wouldn't necessarily be needed to get funds out of the account as long as the OP is alright with paying an extra 3% or so to cash out. I've used a canada paypal for years now with no bank or card attached.

what is that 3 % for?

SaiJin 07-20-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

In terms of logging in from your home using a UK IP from IPburger that's the only good solution for you. So yes, good thinking.

Other things like taxes or so other members from UK will keep helping you, so keep asking questions