eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Need help! Lost content in the mail! Buyer filed a dispute! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/14728-need-help-lost-content-mail-buyer-filed-dispute.html)

zea1177 11-13-2009 02:24 AM

Need help! Lost content in the mail! Buyer filed a dispute!

I shipped an expensive bracelet with USPS Priority Mail. The buyer purchased it from me from ebay without paying any insurance. Now he is telling me that the whole package was torn, the bracelet is missing and that its my fault that the package was so poorly done. On the top of the package he received it was written "arrived without content" or something like that. I am sure that I packaged it well and I don't think that it was my fault. I am refusing to return the money to the buyer and at the same time to end up without the bracelet. The thing is that I didn't asked him if he wants insurance, but he didn't request one either. The package that I used is very hard to be torn. I think it was done on purpose from somebody during the transportation. And another strange thing that I noticed - I shipped the bracelet from my city and according to the tracking the bracelet was sent to a soft facility in the suburbs, then it was returned back to the city from the same location that first started and finally from there the bracelet was send to its destination. Generally I believe that it's not my fault that the bracelet was lost. Even if Paypal decide that I am right, I do not want to deal with a lawsuit at the end. What do you think guys? What should I do? Have you ever had a case like this?

iamaseller 11-13-2009 12:21 PM

I am not sure how Paypal may decide but for future reference, #1 if your item is expensive always require insurance whether or not they request it. Include it in the price of shipping if you have to. That is to cover your end. And #2, always use signature confirmation for items valued over $200. That is what Paypal requires in order for them to rule in your favor.

Paypal will want tracking # in this case but I am not sure that will be sufficient, so be prepared to lose out on the money and the bracelet.