eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Have paypal checks become more enhanced (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/147516-have-paypal-checks-become-more-enhanced.html)

stealthy_boy 05-04-2022 01:30 PM

Have paypal checks become more enhanced

hey folks

ive just had a problem with paypal where i had a large payment come to my account and paypal asked for my "business details"

i informed them i wasnt a business but a private seller and they asked for the standard proof of address and ID

i sent them stealth details and they permanantly ltd my account with 180 day hold almost immediatly

now ive sent plenty of stealth IDs before with no problem

are they getting stricter..??

is it because the name didnt match the address on the electoral roll..???

are they doing chacks on the electoral roll now the same as ebay..???

i have another account that has just hit its initial selling limit and they are asking for the usual ID and proof of address.........am i still safe to send stealth paperwork or will that fail nowdays...??

maybe it was just a fluke that the last one didnt get verified..??

stealthy_boy 05-05-2022 02:02 AM

Re: Have paypal checks become more enhanced

any insight..??

Roy3805 05-05-2022 02:43 AM

Was this a business or personal PayPal?

Could be your large payment. They may have seen it high risk but every site is getting stricter. You have to build their trust before going big.

Could have been your details you signed up with or ip was suspicious to them

Could be anything

rsot 05-05-2022 05:06 AM

Are you dealing with risky items or category OP? Helps set the premise as well

JamesNorth101 05-06-2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthy_boy (Post 1191476)
hey folks

ive just had a problem with paypal where i had a large payment come to my account and paypal asked for my "business details"

i informed them i wasnt a business but a private seller and they asked for the standard proof of address and ID

i sent them stealth details and they permanantly ltd my account with 180 day hold almost immediatly

now ive sent plenty of stealth IDs before with no problem

are they getting stricter..??

is it because the name didnt match the address on the electoral roll..???

are they doing chacks on the electoral roll now the same as ebay..???

i have another account that has just hit its initial selling limit and they are asking for the usual ID and proof of address.........am i still safe to send stealth paperwork or will that fail nowdays...??

maybe it was just a fluke that the last one didnt get verified..??

It could well just be that it was a high risk transactions in PayPals eyes

Could also be that it failed - its honestly impossible to say

Easystealth 05-11-2022 09:33 AM

PayPal getting more strict, so need to use only high quality IP, real phone numbers etc. Also it's always a good idea to start slowly and increase amounts step by step to avoid PayPal attention.

stealthy_boy 05-11-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royaltechno (Post 1192009)
PayPal getting more strict, so need to use only high quality IP, real phone numbers etc. Also it's always a good idea to start slowly and increase amounts step by step to avoid PayPal attention.

i have another stealth pp account i am also about to send ID in for

we shall see if that one goes wrong as well

i know there are services now where you can compare the photograph on an ID to the official photo on record

im wondering if paypal have started doing something like this...???

or maybe you cant use stealth details anymore...???

person applying for an account must be on the electoral register the same as ebays managed payments..??

Roy3805 05-11-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthy_boy (Post 1192039)
i have another stealth pp account i am also about to send ID in for

we shall see if that one goes wrong as well

i know there are services now where you can compare the photograph on an ID to the official photo on record

im wondering if paypal have started doing something like this...???

or maybe you cant use stealth details anymore...???

person applying for an account must be on the electoral register the same as ebays managed payments..??

No it’s not the ID it’s your account creation methods that’s raising red flags to the bots

Ebayorbust 05-12-2022 12:35 AM

As above, their security methods have improved in the last few months. Many people that used to make multiple accounts without issue are now finding themselves getting instantly limited when they make an account.

There are a few ways to avoid the limitation but that's not something that's going to be shared on here for everyone to see.

Regarding receiving the large payment that led to a permanent limitation, that's mostly unrelated. Paypal will always limit an account where high risk activity is perceived. The account being permanently limited does not necessarily mean the ID wasn't good enough or that it didn't pass "checks". That might have been the case but it might just be that Paypal don't want to do further business with you due to the risk associated with your activities.

Roy3805 05-12-2022 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 1192061)
As above, their security methods have improved in the last few months. Many people that used to make multiple accounts without issue are now finding themselves getting instantly limited when they make an account.

There are a few ways to avoid the limitation but that's not something that's going to be shared on here for everyone to see.

Regarding receiving the large payment that led to a permanent limitation, that's mostly unrelated. Paypal will always limit an account where high risk activity is perceived. The account being permanently limited does not necessarily mean the ID wasn't good enough or that it didn't pass "checks". That might have been the case but it might just be that Paypal don't want to do further business with you due to the risk associated with your activities.

Correct, those days of getting a large payment on first transaction days are gone. You have to build trust now before doing that. Cyber Security is constantly getting upgraded to detect anything that’s suspicious. The main thing you have to do is create a account like a normal person would.

stealthy_boy 05-12-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy3805 (Post 1192066)
Correct, those days of getting a large payment on first transaction days are gone. You have to build trust now before doing that. Cyber Security is constantly getting upgraded to detect anything that’s suspicious. The main thing you have to do is create a account like a normal person would.

so its still OK to open a stealth account using a stealth name and ID on an address that person doesnt live at...???

ive been having so much bad luck with it all lately that i thought maybe they had changed their procedures to be more inline with ebays managed payments

stealthy_boy 05-12-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy3805 (Post 1192055)
No it’s not the ID it’s your account creation methods that’s raising red flags to the bots

account creation went fine

money flowing through without hassle

but then the limit lifting to cmply with european law went all wrong

stealth ID immediatly got me permanently blocked with 180 day hold

the ID was made the same way as was always used in the past but for some reason they didnt like it

this is what made me wonder if they are comparing the photo on the ID to the photo on record at the the passport or drivers licence office..??

maybe i was just unlucky

SaiJin 05-12-2022 07:58 PM

Not sure about UK but I know in USA they can't.

BUT they do know how to decipher the gibberish that's in the bottom of your passport. To match the info

xiaoxiaoshasha 05-12-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthy_boy (Post 1192145)
account creation went fine

money flowing through without hassle

but then the limit lifting to cmply with european law went all wrong

stealth ID immediatly got me permanently blocked with 180 day hold

the ID was made the same way as was always used in the past but for some reason they didnt like it

this is what made me wonder if they are comparing the photo on the ID to the photo on record at the the passport or drivers licence office..??

maybe i was just unlucky

I submitted a real photo, they passed quickly. And then submitted a ps photo, get permanent limit in a short time. The speed of verify may not verify by people, this looks like verify by program. Maybe your thought are right.

Roy3805 05-12-2022 11:52 PM

I haven’t had a problem with stealth IDs but I only use PayPal for purchases and not for selling

DENDEN76 05-13-2022 12:19 AM

They use AI to verify IDs sometimes. Theres times when I send expired ID and it passes after a few days of review. Then other days when I upload same ID and it immediately requests updated ID. So they use both humans and AI for verification

rsot 05-13-2022 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1192161)
They use AI to verify IDs sometimes. Theres times when I send expired ID and it passes after a few days of review. Then other days when I upload same ID and it immediately requests updated ID. So they use both humans and AI for verification

Likely random sampling spotcheck

JamesNorth101 05-14-2022 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthy_boy (Post 1192145)
maybe i was just unlucky

Yep sometimes you do just get unlucky

stealthy_boy 05-16-2022 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1192290)
Yep sometimes you do just get unlucky

so it seems

there seem to be no hard and fast rules when it comes to these sites

one day something will sail through and another it will get kicked out

in the end you would have so many bank accounts opened to keep trying at paypal you could be a bank all by yourself...lol

rsot 05-16-2022 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthy_boy (Post 1192418)
so it seems

there seem to be no hard and fast rules when it comes to these sites

one day something will sail through and another it will get kicked out

in the end you would have so many bank accounts opened to keep trying at paypal you could be a bank all by yourself...lol

Certainly seems like that at times

stealthy_boy 05-16-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1192421)
Certainly seems like that at times

im amazed they manage to stay in business

SaiJin 05-16-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthy_boy (Post 1192443)
im amazed they manage to stay in business

WEll, they have a brand that's very popular with people and they are easy to use. PLus there are not many competitors.

Monopoly = some abuse