eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal is a Dead End, will result in EBAY suspension - Some alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/1492-paypal-dead-end-will-result-ebay-suspension-some-alternatives.html)

Killed by Ebay 10-16-2007 07:51 PM

PayPal is a Dead End, will result in EBAY suspension - Some alternatives

EDITOR'S NOTE: ACCEPTING PAYPAL RESULTS AT A MINIMUM IN A DOUBLE SCRUTINY OF YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT - BY BOTH PAYPAL AND EBAY. IT IS ALSO BECOMING INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE A LASTING PAYPAL ACCOUNT THESE DAYS WITHOUT PROVIDING A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, AVOID PAYPAL.

---

u guys stated in your methods to open a new ebay account is just to change ur paypal email address and not link them together.

Well what if my paypal was linked to my old ebay account? does just changing my email address on it unlink it?

Chris Hanson 10-16-2007 07:55 PM

LOL we told you all not to use paypal anymore or you'll be linked. It doesnt and will not work anymore point blank...

The guide is outdated but aspkin is updating it. Basically Paypal is out or you will be suspended and linked

Killed by Ebay 10-16-2007 08:04 PM

ok thanks....what are some alternatives?

Chris Hanson 10-16-2007 08:32 PM

Merchant account/googlecheckout/propay

Killed by Ebay 10-16-2007 08:46 PM

what accepts paypal payments? cuz i remember buying items and going to different payment websites only to be allowed to use my paypal to pay for them

ebaykilla 10-17-2007 08:51 AM

get a merchant account instead just to sell

kasabian 10-17-2007 02:18 PM

who is going to buy off you if you don't accept paypal?

can't we just open a new paypal account with a gift card and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? and then when we have money in that account from payments recieved, just send the money to yourself (on a legitimate paypal account) and withdraw from there? ok you will lose a few $$ paypal fees for recieving a large amount of money , but who cares..

ebaykilla 10-17-2007 02:39 PM

There are merchant accounts that have paypal built in. Research the forums here for more info.

kasabian 10-17-2007 03:23 PM

thanks... there's something I'm not too clear about though. How do you incorporate those type of payments into your ebay auction? is there any threads in this forum that tells you how to do it? I can't seem to find any..
I guess you just have the send the buyer an invoice as soon as the auction ends?

Chris Hanson 10-17-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasabian (Post 13905)
who is going to buy off you if you don't accept paypal?

can't we just open a new paypal account with a gift card and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? and then when we have money in that account from payments recieved, just send the money to yourself (on a legitimate paypal account) and withdraw from there? ok you will lose a few $$ paypal fees for recieving a large amount of money , but who cares..

Look once again. PAYPAL DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE...

And I havent accepted paypal in a whole year and I still get tons of buyers..

I swear Ebay has even brainwashed some sellers with their Paypal nonsense lol

kasabian 10-17-2007 03:32 PM

What do you use then Hanson?

Chris Hanson 10-17-2007 03:36 PM

Pick one.

Merchant account/googlecheckout/propay

i have 2 merchant accounts and googlecheckout

kasabian 10-17-2007 03:41 PM

But for each auction you only need one, right?

How do you tell people on your auction what payments you take? do you put your own banners..etc..? am I allowed to see what your auctions look like? or is that too much to ask. or anyones, I don’t mind..
I just listed something on ebay and for ‘methods of payments accepted’ I just ticked “credit card”. Is that it? and then when the auction ends, I send an invoice through the merchant/google thing?

Chris Hanson 10-17-2007 03:48 PM

well when an auction ends the buyer can pay directly through ebay checkout. you probably have seen the kind before. alot of powersellers checkout is set up that way.

So all they do is click the pay button, and it takes them to another checkout screen, then they enter their credit card info and bam, thats it.

My merchant account is integrated with Ebay checkout

Props please

kasabian 10-17-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 13920)

My merchant account is integrated with Ebay checkout

I'm trying to do this but I can't for the life of me figure out how and where it's done.

I've got "use checkout" ticked on ebay prefereances. But where do I enter my own merchant account? :mad: :confused: :(

Props:o

ebaykilla 10-17-2007 04:05 PM

i use ccnow.com...and i have to invoice customers manually

kasabian 10-17-2007 07:09 PM

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write alll that for me. I will look into it.
It sounds a bit complicated but i'm sure I'll get my head around it eventually. I have just one more option that I want to run by you guys. Please don’t jump down my throat if it is a stupid question!!!

So, if I list items, and I untick the “accept paypal” button, but in my auction I say that I do accept paypal, can I just wait for the auction to end and then send an INVOICE THROUGH PAYPAL and NOT ebay? Is that safe? I can just put a note at the bottom of my auctions saying “Please wait for me to send you an invoice at the end of the auction”

Would this be ok? I only tend to sell between 20-30 items a week for the time being, so I don’t mind doing this.

ebaykilla 10-18-2007 12:06 PM

I sell over 100 items a month and I manually invoice each with my merchant account and its all good.

Chris Hanson 10-18-2007 12:14 PM

For a small fee I can intergate your merchant account into the Ebay Checkout system

kasabian 10-18-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaykilla (Post 13991)
I sell over 100 items a month and I manually invoice each with my merchant account and its all good.

I was wondering how your customers react to this. Are they more than happy to do this, or do they ask what's going on? Ever had any problems?

Do you write it in your auctions that you don't take paypal and that you use other methods of payment? do the bidders know in advanced t?

thanks!

kasabian 10-18-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 13993)
For a small fee I can intergate your merchant account into the Ebay Checkout system

Hanson, I have sent you a message about this.

longisland88 10-19-2007 02:47 AM

chris how much could you do that for?