eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal's new limitation trick (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/150017-paypals-new-limitation-trick.html)

KODE332 03-28-2023 06:12 PM

paypal's new limitation trick

Ive recently had some accounts get limited 3 days after getting a big sale (they get asked for docs and instant lim after I supply them). Previously the accounts would get limited instantly if paypal didnt like the sale but now Ive seen accounts get limited after 72 hours mark or there about.

I am not sure what is causing it, maybe its because am slow to provide the tracking? any ideas? its just weird because initially after the sale everything is fine and no doc requests are made.

agent006140 03-28-2023 07:43 PM

Re: paypal's new limitation trick

it takes time to verify,just my guess

henryfalmore 03-28-2023 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KODE332 (Post 1214046)
Ive recently had some accounts get limited 3 days after getting a big sale (they get asked for docs and instant lim after I supply them). Previously the accounts would get limited instantly if paypal didnt like the sale but now Ive seen accounts get limited after 72 hours mark or there about.

I am not sure what is causing it, maybe its because am slow to provide the tracking? any ideas? its just weird because initially after the sale everything is fine and no doc requests are made.

ebay no longer allows sellers to use paypal for receiving funds.

SaiJin 03-28-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Probably the dollar amount is what triggered it.

rsot 03-29-2023 05:13 AM

could also be if the item is branded/high risk

fabrizio81 03-29-2023 05:23 AM

Quote:

Your accounts old/aged? Are you using same device for your accounts?

Vincedorm 03-30-2023 03:49 PM

If they are new accounts and receive big amounts straight away PayPal and most other money institutions will ask for ID.

lacidamarketing 03-30-2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

There could be a few reasons why your accounts are getting limited shortly after a big sale. Here are a few possibilities:

High-risk activity: If the sales you are making are considered high-risk by PayPal, such as selling digital goods or shipping to high-risk countries, your accounts may be more likely to get limited.

Suspicious activity: If PayPal's fraud detection system detects suspicious activity on your account, such as a sudden spike in sales or a large transaction, they may limit your account until they can verify the transaction and ensure it's not fraudulent.

Delay in providing tracking information: While not necessarily a direct cause of the account limitation, a delay in providing tracking information could raise flags in PayPal's system and trigger a review of your account.

To avoid getting your accounts limited, it's important to follow PayPal's policies and guidelines for selling on their platform. Make sure you are providing accurate and detailed descriptions of your products, responding promptly to customer inquiries and shipping your items promptly with tracking information.

agent006140 03-31-2023 09:41 AM

Paypal can change its policy,what venue are you selling your goods?
Also like Ebay,if you are selling outside $$ range,it will raise alarm .
Like you sell mostly household goods ranging from $10 -$100 and then you sold an item for $1k.
Sometimes it could be your buyer,if he is prone to file dispute/chargeback or NSF

fabrizio81 04-03-2023 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1214265)
Paypal can change its policy,what venue are you selling your goods?
Also like Ebay,if you are selling outside $$ range,it will raise alarm .
Like you sell mostly household goods ranging from $10 -$100 and then you sold an item for $1k.
Sometimes it could be your buyer,if he is prone to file dispute/chargeback or NSF

You right. So better slow increase your volume. And don't jump from 100$ transaction to 1K$ transaction.