eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Signature confirmation.. apparently I misunderstood? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/1508-signature-confirmation-apparently-i-misunderstood.html)

koalawash 10-19-2007 07:08 PM

Signature confirmation.. apparently I misunderstood?

Well here's the deal. I shipped an item to this guy (who has been VERY impatient from the beginning!) and after a few days he makes a Paypal claim for item not received. Once I see the case I send PP the tracking number, and now the status on the dispute screen reads:

We contacted the shipping company and the information they provided shows you shipped the package to the Buyer. We are investigating if the package was delivered and signed for with a valid signature.

The thing is, I thought signature confirmation was only required for transactions where the item value was $250.00 or over. In this case, even the total transaction value (including shipping) was well under that amount. So why would they even be checking for this??

ebayhateluv 10-19-2007 09:53 PM

HI- I shipped an item to France, it was like $550+. Guy files pp claim 3 days later. I had to jump through hoops. He then sends me email wants to cancel sale + get refund, as I was Naru from ebay. It was delivered. Same day, I faxed proof of delivery to ppal. (I escalated to a claim btw)- The next day, PPAL unfroze the funds. Their generic ltr said something that their buyer protect does not cover changinf minds, but only buyer delivery. I had this happen b4. UPS automatically shows a proof.either left/signed/or picked up at hub. I think you will be ok, once you can prove final delivery to buyers address.

rapunzel_01 10-20-2007 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 14088)
HI- I shipped an item to France, it was like $550+. Guy files pp claim 3 days later. I had to jump through hoops. He then sends me email wants to cancel sale + get refund, as I was Naru from ebay. It was delivered. Same day, I faxed proof of delivery to ppal. (I escalated to a claim btw)- The next day, PPAL unfroze the funds. Their generic ltr said something that their buyer protect does not cover changinf minds, but only buyer delivery. I had this happen b4. UPS automatically shows a proof.either left/signed/or picked up at hub. I think you will be ok, once you can prove final delivery to buyers address.

Thats some sneaky sheit....damn.

ebayhateluv 10-20-2007 11:37 AM

hi- i alwAYS BUT ALWAYS use either ups/fedex or usps express. I will nOT ship overseas and loose my mdse. All 3 have tracking. Costs alittle more. In some cases, I will eat the extra $20-$30 depends on the item. If they are buying a $25 item, then YES, its + $24.95 via usps express, or NO SALE.Got burnt many times. Alos- once even sent back items to a seller in philippines, I pd in paypal $445. I went to usps site, saw value-i entered $445. Then i shipped Global Priority. Paid like $16. He says he NEVER got it. Went ot post office- I was out of luck--no tracking once it leaves the usa. ONLY on express.

Chris Hanson 10-20-2007 12:53 PM

When ever i ship overseas i only will accept money write such as western union or money gram. No if ands or buts about it

koalawash 10-20-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 14103)
koala, true, under $250. delivery confirmation will suffice for PP and Googlecheckout. BUT the payment confirmation you got must also indicate "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" - which basically means that it is going to the buyer's confirmed billing address, in an eligible country:

Yes, it was supposed to have been SPP eligible.. shipment was from US to Canada, but I did ship to a PP confirmed address.