PayPal Debit Card - Advice Please re: Mailing Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default PayPal Debit Card - Advice Please re: Mailing Address

Hi ~ hoping someone can advise me re: my application for the PP Debit card. I did search other posts, but couldn't find an answer that would help.

While I've been a member here since Sept., I've only posted once. You've all given excellent advice in your postings, and I greatly admire the sage-ly "regulars".
So, I hope this newbie poster can state her issue clearly without annoying anyone.

I'm ready to apply for the PP Debit card. How I got to this point was again thanks to all the great people here and of course the stealth guide. Now, the first thing they wanted was DOB (which I knew they would): month, date and year. Then of course the infamous SS # request (they only asked for the last 4 digits).
My PP account is in the name of a real person, so the info I had for the above was real.

Then, on the next page they needed the address where to send the debit card to, and this is where my problem was.
When I opened my PP/eBay accounts, I used a UPS store street address, although at the time I hadn't actually opened a Box account. I knew down the line I would need a Box #, but there was time for getting that.
With the pre-paid cards advised on the forums, I verified the UPS store street address as my address, and accounts have been good for selling.

OK, so now though, since I wanted to apply for the Debit card, it was time to get my actual UPS store account at that address, with Box #. Did that yesterday. So the only difference now between my original PP account address, and my new address is I have a Box # (which I indicated as "Apt" #).

Went and got myself another pre-paid debit card, cause I knew I'd have to verify my "new" address with a new card.
It was a Vanilla Visa, which I had used successfully in the past. Registed my address with the Vanilla card website.

Entered card info into PP.
They ran it for the $1.95 nonsense, as well as the $1.00 just to run it.
PP accepted it, said under my credit cards on file, it was confirmed.

Now, however when I went to my addresses on file with PP, I noticed the the address (the one with the "Apt" #), did NOT indicate it was confirmed (although the CC with it was). Thought this was strange, but maybe a computer error.

So after letting some time pass in case their computers needed to update info, it was time to do the Debit card application.

As I indicated above, all was well until the page where I had to give the address to send the debit card to. I knew no PO boxes, but I had my UPS store physical address with the "Apt" #.
I chose this as the address to mail card to.

Then, they said they had to run the CC again to verify that the billing address and the address where they'd be mailing the card to, matched (the pre-paid Vanilla Visa, which only an hour earlier they verified), and HERE's where my problem begins.
It keeps returning "billing address cannot be verified".

So after my litany above, I need advice: is it probably that I'm using the Vanilla Visa, which I have read others have a problem with, or do you think they are recognizing the UPS store, albeit it is a regular street address, as a postal mail receiving facility, and comparing it to a PO Box.

If more so you think it's the card, would getting a VCC be an alternative?
I know there are people here on the forums who sell them, but will PP recognize it as a virtual card, and will this be a problem?

Or advice wise, should I just add a house address as a new address (the person allowing me to use their SSN and DOB would let me use theirs).

My fear (god, PP has an ability to make one paranoid), is that adding the new house address onto eBay and PP, which would have a different Zip code from that of my original account address, would set off any flags or concerns with them. The two addresses are within 10 miles of each other, same NYC borough, so don't know if there would be an IP problem or not where eBay and PayPal are concerned.

So to all of you who took their valued time, and read my post, thank you! I hope I wasn't too confusing.

In a nutshell, is my problem with the PP debit card mailing address, in your opinion, more the UPS store address with the "Apt" #, or the use of the Vanilla Visa.

And if the Visa card, would getting a VCC be an option, or would PP recognize and reject it. Also your thoughts on just using a new street address altogether, although different Zip.

Getting the Debit Card is important to me right now. I want to start increasing my sales (in slow increments, as per Stealth advice), and would like faster access to any monies (in short, out of PayPal's hands faster than the 3-5 day bank tranfers take).

Many thanks in advance for any and all advice!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!