eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Buying item PayPal shipping addres, will this link accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/15625-buying-item-paypal-shipping-addres-will-link-accounts.html)

mntkz 01-04-2010 10:05 PM

Buying item PayPal shipping addres, will this link accounts?

Hi,

In one of the stealth accounts i just oppened i started making some purchases, actually items i will need, i asked the seller to ship to my real address not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one because i need this item. Seller shipped it with PayPal shipping tool and put in my real address in the shipping information which is already suspended by paypal, will this link accounts?

Thanks!

aking 01-05-2010 09:24 AM

That was not a good idea to ship to an address that has already been suspended in the past. What you should have done was contacted the seller and explained that you need to ship to a different address offline. Do not enter a previously suspended address anywhere in ebay or paypal or it will get linked.

First Edition 01-05-2010 10:04 AM

I don't think they will link it because of this, but I can't say for sure they won't. In the future, as the seller to ship FedEx, because USPS and UPS won't ship to your address (a somewhat common request), and then give the seller your real address.

This way there is no chance of him using the shipping tool.

mntkz 01-05-2010 07:12 PM

I hope it wont link, hopefully they will miss this. Actually the address was the only thing the same, name on the address i have used different.

Before i purchased the item i asked the seller if it will be ok for him to ship to a different address then the one on PayPal and he said it was ok. So i purchased the item and gave him my real address, but didnt expect him to use PayPal shipping tool to put the address in there. Hopefully this will fly through, i just opened the account on the 1st and just doing couple purchased for feedback. Never thought asking to ship FedEx, but it is a good idea, i will be doing this from now on.

flowerpower 01-06-2010 02:38 PM

You bring up a good point. Many sellers are aware of PayPal's shipping tool, and will change the address in the payment info when they are printing the shipping label. On the other hand, some sellers refused to ship to anywhere but the payment address as they're afraid of not being covered under PayPal's protection.