Paypal Balance -2,300 help??? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

they have my name adress, ssn... but no phone number on the paypal account. the ebay account is semi stealth. can they really ruin my credit? but at the most that is all they could do right? just ruin my credit? i just dont see how they can go around doing that every time a buyer complains and they dont recover the funds. what is to stop buyers all over the world from just doing this all the time and scamming people then? i shouldnt have spent the money yea. that was stupid before recieving feeback. but the buyer has no reason to complain he got exactly what he bid on. that is his fault. it is just as described. i could try and come up with the money and refund him if he would send the item back, but he wont even send it back. hes just holding onto it and disputing.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

please help, im not sure what to believe or what is the correct answer, some say paypal will destroy my credit some say theres nothing they can do about it if they cant recover the funds. i freaking out right now. this thing is still in dispute.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Unhappy

first edition and delldell say that even if it goes to collections i wont have to pay it and it wont show up on my credit ever and that paypal wont even send it to collections and they will just tell buyer he is out of luck. but vigilante and neo think it will go to collections and they ruin my credit and i will get screwed. im so confused
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 91%

That's because PayPal is quite unpredictable. Sometimes they will go after people for lesser amounts and sometimes they will let go. You really can't get straight answer here for your particular situation, because of the PayPal's unpredictability, sorry. Weaher you like it or not, its known that Ebay and PayPal favor buyers, ( we don't like it either), but that is the fact. You can be mad all you want and this won't change any time soon. So, when we say that PayPal will ask you to refund, its very likely. None can say with certainty they would go to report this on your credit, but PayPal has done that before to people when they have their ss#, So, if they could they probably would, but none can guarantee this either. $2300 is quite a lot IMO.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

i see. well thanks. it does suck how they always seem to favor buyers. im just curious as to how they actually have that type of power to report it on your credit. i mean they are not a bank, how could they have this type of authority to where they could just refer it to a collection agency and that collection agency can have full justification to ruin your credit solely based on the word of a buyer who has no proof to validate his claim? the whole scenario and situation just doesnt make sense. im just trying to rationalize it or figure out how they could possibly do such a thing. has anyone ever been in a situation similar to mine with a non stealth account and it didnt go on their credit score? and 2,300 is alot. its alot to just take a loss on as well.
Old 01-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

good answers for this topic. Plenty for the OP to work on.

Think we've done enough for the OP.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

yes thank you for all the help everyone. have alot to work on. definently wont make this mistake again.

however, im still a bit unclear as i said, as how paypal could possibly just forward something to a collections agency and that agency could ruin your credit solely based on the complaint and word of a buyer, with nothing to validate his claim? i mean if that were the case would you not have hundreds and thousands of sellers doing this to buyers? since they always favor the buyer.
Old 01-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Read this from the Paypal User Agreement https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&...locale.x=en_US and look under section "5. Account Balances"
And look at Section "10. Your Liability - Actions We May Take."

This will answer all your questions.

BooMer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BooMer For This Useful Post:
cheadle (01-20-2010), ONE (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you boomer. well not really. not at all what i wanted to read. but glad i did i guess. good lord, from reading all that i take away 1 thing. do not mess with paypal lol. that was frightening. well i guess i am royally screwed and im out 2 grand then basically. this is unbelievable. im going to have give this guy his money back and hes either going to keep my item or probably return a brick to me. what a horrible experience this has been. now i have to pull 2 grand outta my arse or paypal is going to come after me with all their rath and furry. i hate you paypal/ebay.
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheadle View Post
yes thank you for all the help everyone. have alot to work on. definently wont make this mistake again.

however, im still a bit unclear as i said, as how paypal could possibly just forward something to a collections agency and that agency could ruin your credit solely based on the complaint and word of a buyer, with nothing to validate his claim? i mean if that were the case would you not have hundreds and thousands of sellers doing this to buyers? since they always favor the buyer.
Paypal offers to have the buyer send the item back before you hand over money. GET THE ITEM BACK IN YOUR POSSESSION!!! If your ok with giving a %50 refund then that type of cut could help you re-sell it on ebay even faster than I suggest before.

Quit being boggled by how paypal could do such a thing and fix this situation right now! I already posted a step by step on how to fix it and still not be out but you still want to worry about why the sky is blue??? It just is and that's why. (i know there is more science behind it...im proving a point here!)

If you don't care about your credit and if you want to be on the constant run from ebay forever when they ask for your SSN on your next pp and ebay account....cause you just sold another mis advertised item that was high dollar then ignore the whole problem or start feeling like you have rights.

Cause if you completely bail on your account with a ssn attached next time you won't get a chance to even get your money on a $2300 item. Paypal will restrict you and hold your azz hostage....then make you wait 180 days.

So quit being unclear.

You gave your SSN if you don't get the item back and find a way to repay him/her in a month or so then yes you will have some marks on your credit. Yeah its not big deal if you don't care about your credit. I don't know why others are posting different. I do know the lower the amount the less aggressive they can get but collection companies got all the time in the world.

So quit being unclear.

Read what I wrote above on what to do step by step.

Quit being unclear.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONE For This Useful Post:
cheadle (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheadle View Post
thank you boomer. well not really. not at all what i wanted to read. but glad i did i guess. good lord, from reading all that i take away 1 thing. do not mess with paypal lol. that was frightening. well i guess i am royally screwed and im out 2 grand then basically. this is unbelievable. im going to have give this guy his money back and hes either going to keep my item or probably return a brick to me. what a horrible experience this has been. now i have to pull 2 grand outta my arse or paypal is going to come after me with all their rath and furry. i hate you paypal/ebay.

Here is what you do point blank.

Call buyer again.
Tell buyer to send package back to you with a tracking number.
Tell the buyer you don't have the money for immediate refund.
Tell buyer you will re-list it on your ebay name before it arrives back to you. (This will keep from fast negs against your feedback cause now the buyer will be more involved in getting your/their money back.)
Tell the buyer as soon as it sells you will ship it to the new buyer and you will revise the auction with the 1st buyers input so the description is accurate %100.

Tell the buyer you will wait until the 2nd buyer receives the item to confirm nothing is wrong with it outside of the description (in case the 1st buyer tampered with item or did a switch around.)

After second buyer is happy refund the money to first buyer.

This is about as honest you are going to get. No shame in telling someone you are broke.

If the first buyer does not like this idea tell them paypal isn't refunding anything cause there is nothing in the account to refund.

Ok im done posting on this thread now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONE For This Useful Post:
cheadle (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010

I will try to get in a deal with the buyer. Like "I will give you 200 back and you cancel dispute" or tell him if he wants a refund he has to pay shipping back and wait for you to come up with money. they have your ssn so who knows what can happen.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

ok thank you for the clear response and answer. the buyer currently is refusing to return the item. originally he claimed the item never arrived and now is claiming the item is not as described. because he is claiming it is not as described i am confident im going to recieve a blank piece of paper even if he does return the item. at this point he is saying no however. and is just in a stand off with me while it is in dispute. i told him i am broke, and cannot refund his money. he says paypal is going to give it to him through the dispute then and i will be screwed. im trying to come up with the money to give him a %50 refund, i dont know what good that will do however. im just trying my best to recover my item from him and am having no sucess. we have had short conversations on the phone and they just end with him getting mad and hanging up on me. i am getting no where with him. but thank you for your answer in regards to paypal / collection agencies/ them ruining my credit. i will probably just end up taking it up the rear and getting screwed and losing 2k. thats about my only option. as he is not willing to return the item. i have done the step by step process as you have said. the buyer refuses to return item. he said on the phone if he does return it im getting a blank piece of paper. should have probably recorded the conversation. im doing all i can to resolve it. offered 50% refund if he would just give me some time, also told him i would re post the auction and sell it and then he could return my item. and i would refund him. hes not going for anything. he wants to hang onto the item and get his money back.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

you have all been very helpful. boomer and one. you need not post any more. i am screwed and realize this. there is nothing i can do. buyer is not cooperating and wont return item. he even stated if he does im getting crap back. he is pissed of and has been open and arrogant and blatant about his intetions. because they always favor buyers theres nothing i can do. my only solution is to at least save my accounts, and loose 2 grand. while its not really worth it for me to loose 2 grand to save my accounts, im also saving my credit as well i guess. thats just alot of money to loose. but im going to have to come up with it and refund him. then just pray he returns my item. thanks again.
Old 01-20-2010

No! You wait for him to return your item first. He needs to prove it to PayPal item was returned before PayPal will be after you for money to refund.
Like Greenbean said, enough is enough....
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 83%

Just walk with your cash and be done! Paypal can't do $H@t to you so do not sweat it. Cancel your checking account with your bank and get a new one start a new staelth account. They do not actually know who you are just by name and address but no soc sec # Screw them enjoy!! With no ss # you are in the clear been there already for 4000. Sold highend cameras to a guy and said they wer defective . The guy tried to rip me off of 4000. i said keep the cameras and enjoy them you theif. all in all he beat around the bush on returning so that was it cut that account loose and be fresh!!!!
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

i know lyda. im not refunding anything till i get the item back. the thing you guys just arent understanding is that the buyer blatantly said screw you, im gonna send you a blank piece of paper. so im going to get a blank piece of paper in a postal service envelope. and then what??? then i have no option. im not getting my item back. the buyer has stated that loud and clear. im out 2 grand and have to come up with the money and refund him, unless i want my accounts trashed and my credit ruined. this guy totally reemed me.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

thats the problem man. this is a legit seller account. with a ssn linked to the paypal, i even made the withdraw with the paypaldebit card, which also has my ssn linked. im screwed unless i get my "REAL" item back. which the buyer stated on the phone i wont. i would love to cut the account loose and just make stealth accounts. unforunately due to my ssn being linked, thats not an option. im effed.
Old 01-20-2010

Just make sure you have camera ready and witnesses at the post office when you open this package.
Old 01-20-2010

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%

Lyda= Genius.

Exactly. Just have someone record you to the post office picking up the package, zooming into everything before you open it and keep on recording until its open and zoom and record everything. You will truly shock paypal with this one and be part of an epic event in history! Trust me. If paypal still refuses(which I doubt), you can easily just sue them or the buyer.
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

yes that is a very good idea. i was planning on doing just that thank you. however this will help my case but still doesnt fully validate it. but when they bring it to me im not going to accept it and have them leave it at the post office for later pick up.

even if i do this. how do i still prove that the item i sent with in the beginning is legitimate. i mean so say it isnt a blank piece of paper, say hes a little smarter then that and just sends me a cheap knock off version of the item. then its a little bit different of a situation. this situation is such a mess. i mean how am i to prove that i originally sent the correct item from the beginning even if i record everything? that will be his claim the entire time. thanks again for all your input. its much appreciated and hope i can return the favor to you all at some point, i have been doing much reading on the forums.
Old 01-20-2010

Thanks OfficalGenius but I am not genius. This has been said on this forum before and that's how I know about it. Just by reading the forum.