eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Balance -2,300 help??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/15905-paypal-balance-2-300-help.html)

cheadle 01-20-2010 08:19 PM

well its a great idea. im definently going to do that. but it still doesnt counter the buyers claim fully, as he will be claiming he never recieved the correct item in the first place. so he will be claiming the item i recieve and recorded was the item i sent him. which will infact be the wrong item, that he simply swapped out. its funny though, originally his statements were that he hasnt recieved it. then his story changes. as he realizes item not described is his better bet to get his money back. hate scammers.

cheadle 01-20-2010 08:23 PM

alot of this is my own fault however as a seller. 1) because i spent all the money. and 2) because i didnt fully protect myself properly as a seller. however, doesnt change the fact this guy is worthless vermin scum. either way i wasnt getting the item back and it was still going to be pretty much the same situation, but thats the price of doing business on ebay. ocassionally you bump into these people.

ONE 01-20-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaystrying (Post 120931)
Just walk with your cash and be done! Paypal can't do $H@t to you so do not sweat it. Cancel your checking account with your bank and get a new one start a new staelth account. They do not actually know who you are just by name and address but no soc sec # Screw them enjoy!! With no ss # you are in the clear been there already for 4000. Sold highend cameras to a guy and said they wer defective . The guy tried to rip me off of 4000. i said keep the cameras and enjoy them you theif. all in all he beat around the bush on returning so that was it cut that account loose and be fresh!!!!

DUDE DID YOU READ THE THREAD? :brick:

This is why people like the OP get so confused on top of their original problems. He had his SSN attached!

ONE 01-20-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheadle (Post 120942)
alot of this is my own fault however as a seller. 1) because i spent all the money. and 2) because i didnt fully protect myself properly as a seller. however, doesnt change the fact this guy is worthless vermin scum. either way i wasnt getting the item back and it was still going to be pretty much the same situation, but thats the price of doing business on ebay. ocassionally you bump into these people.

Cheadle...

Why you so down about this....now you got things more on your side. Tell him to send that piece of paper by UPS or Fedex and tell him you will even sign for it.....forget the camera's

Paypal will look at the weight of the shipment and know its off and they will call BS to the buyer. Your claim will be closed that day in your favor.

Play it cool you are going to be all good. JUST MAKE SURE if the dispute is not put into a full fledged claim yet do so now and select the option to refund the money if the item is returned.

1st paypal will make him pay for return shipping and he will probably slack off and think he will just win the case cause he has no idea what he is doing. 2nd he will loose if you offer a refund upon return and he does not send it back.

Quit worrying your not screwed if anything you got a lot going for you on this case.

cheadle 01-20-2010 08:54 PM

the item which i sent him is about the same weight of a blank regular sized piece of paper. hes either going to send me a blank piece of paper of an item very similar to what i sent him, same in weight, but just cheap knock of version. of what i really sent. im thinking this is more likely, although if hes stupid and arrogant enough to declare his intentions right over the phone he might be stupid enough to send a piece of paper rather then a similar item. although it wouldnt make much different weigh wise, because they will still be about the same. i thought about the weight thing already. i could hope he is stupid enough and sends me something with a different weight. but that also is unlikely, this guy has done this before i am certain, just based on his demeanor and way he talks. he contacted me today as of an hour or so ago, and stated he indeed is returning the item. it wont be my item though. i wish it were that simple one, but this guy is smart and knows what hes doing. hes done this to people before im certain. probably for a living. i realize i have some things going, but i also realize this guy is a con artist. does this for living. he knows all the loop holes, i dont. i just have to hope to get lucky and hope he screws up some where. thats my only hope that i can see. i appreciate all you guys trying to help though. just dont see any way around this. i do have some things in my favor, i dont know that it will be enough though.

ONE 01-20-2010 08:57 PM

what was the item?

cheadle 01-20-2010 08:59 PM

it was a sports card. officially graded, and authenticated by a legitimate company. prestine condition. not a thing wrong with it. guy just wants to keep it, and get the money as well.

cheadle 01-20-2010 09:01 PM

hes just going to pull a switch a roo . if he loses, then oh well. least he keeps the card. is his thinking. no risk for him.

Lyda 01-20-2010 09:05 PM

Did you remember to put your Ebay ID written on a peace of paper next to this card when you were taking photos of it?

cheadle 01-20-2010 09:10 PM

no unfortunately i did not think to do that. you mean put my user id next to the photo of the card take a picture then post it on ebay? i have never seen anyone do that in the sports card selling business. however had i done that maybe that would have added some help as well.

cheadle 01-20-2010 09:13 PM

had i done that , that would have proven the legitimacy of the auction, significantly. good point, for future reference. ty.

cheadle 01-20-2010 09:18 PM

dont think theres any way to counter though when he pulls the switch a roo and i get a worthless card of some smuck named Ryan Leaf.

ONE 01-20-2010 09:20 PM

Tell paypal everything see what they say especially with the weight and so forth.

cheadle 01-20-2010 09:33 PM

what do you mean with the weight? i have spent quite a bit of time speaking with them on the phone about it today. they havent really been able to answer any of my questions or been helpful. they have just been pretty dodgy about it. and have only stated their policies to me over and over in regards to situations like this. and their policies scare the crap out of me. hes going to win, i just dont see any way around it, hes gonna force me to refund because paypal will totally screw me over, and hes also going to keep the item, and do a switch and send me card of ryan leaf, or some other smuck. its like going to trial, when you know you have a good shot at winning, but you also know there is a ton of uncertainty, and that if you loose the consequences are even worse as to opposed if you just entered a plea and took a deal. trial quite frankly is looking terrifying in this situation. trial repercussions, screwed accounts, screwed credit, but keep 2k. if refund, loose 2k, keep accounts, no credit damage. kind of a loose loose situation.

cheadle 01-20-2010 09:35 PM

ill point it out to them. although weight is most likely going to be the same. dont think hes stupid enough to put something heavy in an envelope and send it to me when i originally sent him a tiny item that weighs next to nothing. but i guess you never know. i can hope he does send something of a different weight. about my only hope.

cheadle 01-20-2010 11:05 PM

buyer contacted me today, said he is sending it back, should arrive in 3-5 days. any suggestions on what i should do after that once it arrives? pending on what it is. which will most likely be a worthless item.

GreenBean 01-20-2010 11:42 PM

Well, since we have DEVOTED so many responses, I'd like you to send me a pm with the item no# of this ebay deal.

You appreciate there's a line between good and naughty ;) Your item is one that often falls into the hands of scammers. Not fair for this forum to aid and abet them.

cheadle 01-21-2010 12:37 AM

not that we have devoted responses. been some really good advice and helpful information. unfortunately just appears there is no way to solve this problem as that the buyer has declared he intends on sending me the wrong item.

and im not exactly sure as to what your trying to say or imply,there in your second part. how are we aiding and abeting scammers? im trying to solve a solution as to how to beat a scammer whos doing something like this.

aribragin 01-21-2010 01:45 AM

5.4 Negative Balances and Multiple Currencies. If one of the currency Balances in your Account is negative for any reason, PayPal may setoff the negative Balance by using funds you maintain in a different currency Balance, or by deducting amounts you owe PayPal from money you receive into your Account, or money you attempt to withdraw or send from your Account. If you have a negative balance for a period of 21 Days or longer, PayPal will convert your negative Balance to U.S. dollars.

bottom line... they cant do nothing to you, they expect you to do the right thing, but if they would like to close your account and make you wait 6 months to collect your money<<<thats ok...

kingfish900 01-21-2010 01:54 AM

aribragin, read section 10 Your Liability- and Actions We May Take, read the entire section, but take a look at 10.4 and youll see the error of what you just said. its in their policy. they can take legal action should they choose. as well as pass it along to a collection agency. what the collection agency can do or is capable of is a toss up. it can go either way. The OP also mentioned that he used his SSN with the account.

Lyda 01-21-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 120977)
Well, since we have DEVOTED so many responses, I'd like you to send me a pm with the item no# of this ebay deal.

You appreciate there's a line between good and naughty ;) Your item is one that often falls into the hands of scammers. Not fair for this forum to aid and abet them.

I think nobody should post with responses until GreenBean receives the PM she requested from OP.:D