eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Just spoke to paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/15956-just-spoke-paypal.html)

burchie 01-19-2010 04:05 PM

Just spoke to paypal

my account was limited 5 days ago. paypal asked for proof of inventory for 5 transactions and have also asked for supplier information. i provided them with some proforma invoices as theese are all i have ever recieved and they advised me the documents were incorrect.
I uploaded proof of postage for the 5 transactions and was still being asked to provide prrof of inventory so have just called them. I explained that i but my stock from a web site and only recieve pro forma invoices like sent to them and that i had uploaded the proof of postage have been told that they would make a note on my account and have it reviewed with the information provided.

my question is do you think they will restore my account?

djrust 01-19-2010 07:17 PM

hi, just make up an invoice. I now go on some stealth accounts. I managed to lift the limits on my account yesterday (ont he stealth account) with some-made: ID Card, bank statement & invoice.

So believe me Paypal aint gonna do s**t to you. And if you dont manage to get it reinstated, make a new one. (i have a friend that is on his 20 somethin account (he's not very bright it seems).

So stay relaxed, nobody gonna do anything to you unless you egt a negative balance of 10,000.00 or above. Whats under 10,000.00 u just gonna be called by collection agencies (this for the future, in cae anyone screws you end u end up in negative)

First Edition 01-19-2010 09:41 PM

What happens when it's over 10,000? Do you have any experience with it?

burchie 01-20-2010 03:11 PM

update

ok so yesterday i upload a word document with just my suppliers name and address on it and samed it as a jpg and uploaded it to ebay they accepted it. i then had my supplier produce a invoice for me that i uploaded this morning it is still saying as in progress with paypal.

Does anyone know how long this will take?

Every time i have sent them information so far paypal seem to have replied around 2am in the morning.

Any ideas

oompaloompa 01-20-2010 03:18 PM

give it 72 hours

burchie 01-20-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 120861)
give it 72 hours

does it really take that long. i need the cash to get the rest of the stock i have sold arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. hope it dont take 72 hours ill have more tan the odd person making chargebacks as still waiting for items.

kingfish900 01-21-2010 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrust (Post 120686)
hi, just make up an invoice. I now go on some stealth accounts. I managed to lift the limits on my account yesterday (ont he stealth account) with some-made: ID Card, bank statement & invoice.

So believe me Paypal aint gonna do s**t to you. And if you dont manage to get it reinstated, make a new one. (i have a friend that is on his 20 somethin account (he's not very bright it seems).

So stay relaxed, nobody gonna do anything to you unless you egt a negative balance of 10,000.00 or above. Whats under 10,000.00 u just gonna be called by collection agencies (this for the future, in cae anyone screws you end u end up in negative)

please dont follow this advice. and no i take it he hasnt had any experience with items 10k and up lol. collection agencies can destroy your credit from all the information i have gathered and believe me i have spent plenty of time on this one. ontop of ruining their credit they can also take you to court over it and you can in fact face legal action. i wouldnt think it wise to take their policies lightly or that they dont pursue it. especially if your ssn is attatched. if not then its another story, either way its still a gamble. just wanted to clear this up that i dont think djrust really knows what hes talking about here. read paypals policies if your uncertain, read the entire section 10 under the agreement policies. if its a stealth account then fak it.

burchie 01-23-2010 03:32 AM

ok so it has now been just over 73 hours and no sign of paypal lifting the restrictions. where they are asking for invoices it is saying in progress. do you think my account will be restored if so any ideas when?

burchie 01-23-2010 06:55 AM

ok update on this. i got an email from paypal saying they couldnt resotre my account as required tracking numbers for some transactions. i gave them this 4 days ago in the form of pictures of the proof of postage including the tracking references so i called paypal. 20 mins later they emaild me saying that they needed me to enter the tracking references onto the respective transactions. why the @@@@ they cant check that themselves i dont know. So i have now done this and called them back up. the lass i spoke to said they will get it back to the review team and be in contact between 24 and 72 hours. they are a joke shouldnt have to wait another 72 hours. why do they just not give clear instructions of what you need to do as soon as they limit your account

vuive 01-23-2010 09:54 AM

I think they have too much thing to do so they dont treat customers friendly

burchie 01-23-2010 01:17 PM

ok have just got a email from paypal telling me they have closed my account. i called customer services asking why and they said it was cause i was selling counterfeit goods. this is terrible. I was selling sd cards and adaptors with no software on any of them. customer services advised me to send them an email appealing the decision.

what to do now

First Edition 01-23-2010 09:59 PM

Appeal the decision and start over. Always keep a backup account handy.

GreenBean 01-23-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burchie (Post 121516)
ok have just got a email from paypal telling me they have closed my account. i called customer services asking why and they said it was cause i was selling counterfeit goods. this is terrible. I was selling sd cards and adaptors with no software on any of them. customer services advised me to send them an email appealing the decision.

what to do now

Sorry to hear this.:tears:

Yell scream & swear. When you have calmed down a little make your choice about what you will do.
If you appeal, be polite, use SPELL CHECK ;) if you email them.
Keep whatever emails you have got from them.
If there are funds still in the account, keep the bank account open. If the appeal does not work, then you need to get two things:
a notice from paypal that they are holding your funds for 180 days AND therefore the bank account to get those funds.

As First Edition said, have back up accounts. I am not sure if I understood what exactly you sold ( no sleep:sleepy:) Whatever you sell again, make sure that the items have relevant paperwork etc.
Lots of us here know all about how paypal acts. You are not alone. Careful planing and you will be back soon

burchie 01-24-2010 03:05 AM

well i sent in an appeal and what a suprise they declined it. I already have another account. Whats the best alternative to paypal that offers paypal as a payment option.

OfficialGenius 01-24-2010 03:17 AM

^^^ CCnow.

How did they know your goods were counterfeit anyways? What happened for them to think/assume that? (I'm not saying they are I'm just asking)

djrust 01-24-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 120705)
What happens when it's over 10,000? Do you have any experience with it?

undete

As far as i know, and from what i've read and talked to people, when u have more than $10,000.00 neg balance and u have stealth info, they ain't gonna do nuthin except try to get your address etc... but being stealth info they will end up in a brick wall. Now if u have real info, that's worse... (logicdude)
Also, as far as i found out, at one point they might give out your ISP details to authorities (if u made everything from an Internet Cafe or i dunno, college or a bar that's gonna lead into a brick wall also). Last but not least, logidude says they will try to find out who the real card holder is, and that may be where the will bust you... but then they will need to invest a lot of money in this, and unless u have a >500k negative balance, nobody gonna give a damn.

Take this as informational material... don't start doin' s**t, that ain't right.

First Edition 01-24-2010 09:49 AM

I was talking about the debt collection efforts.....You're just talking about the amount of time spent in a criminal investigation.

Memory cards?

hmmmmmmmmm, cool man!:typing:

RazvanDK 01-24-2010 09:57 AM

You guys speak about negative balances like its the last thing that matters.But keep in mind that sometimes paypal doesn't give the money back to your buyer/s(buyers who don't try to scam you ) ,so think what you are doing to them if you don't care. think about what happens when all your angry customers try to bring you to court ,if their the righteous kind,stealth info or not ,your gonna get some unecesary problems.

First Edition 01-24-2010 10:07 AM

It's probably paypals problem at that point. They took the money out of the persons account...

Besides, I always refund customers who return merchandise. I never give in to chargebacks, or threats. Often times, paypal forces the refund when the seller is clearly is in the right.

burchie 01-25-2010 04:18 PM

so once you have set up cc now how do i get buyers to pay me using them and not using normal paypal. i have turned off the ebay auto matic check out etc.

so now what do i do.

First Edition 01-28-2010 06:59 PM

You can either use an external cart, like cart manager, or you can email your winning buyers one at a time with an invoice.