eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal hadn't ask me for SSN in two years! Now what? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/16844-paypal-hadnt-ask-me-ssn-two-years-now-what.html)

nek666 02-26-2010 10:15 PM

Paypal hadn't ask me for SSN in two years! Now what?

I am a little scared because I been having my Paypal account for 2 years without being asked for a SSN. I usually withdraw $1000 per week. This May my simon's credit card will be expired so what is going to happen to me?

What do you think it would be my best options I don't have a SSN. I been thinking maybe on opening a new Paypal account and start from zero.. or just to get another simons card with same information and put the update in my Paypal account.. what do you think guys?

GreenBean 02-26-2010 10:45 PM

'I don't have SSN'? is not the end of your paypal account. You can supply other ID to paypal if you are not a US citizen or make alternative arrangements. It's not (yet) the end of the world :peace:
What is the state of the account? Claims, complaints or panic because the CC is due to expire?

(btw,Hello Stranger, been a real long time:cheer:)

cardfelon 02-26-2010 10:46 PM

I would just get another Simons card and update your info. If you have a established Paypal account and have had no issues I wouldn't try to start a new account where you will be under tighter restraints than a older established account. Either way you are going to have to get another card to update your account or to start a new account. Why ruin a good thing if you are not forced to??

Hercules 02-27-2010 07:00 AM

Slow down to nothing in sales, then take small bits of your remaining money out day after day. Leave a little in there then update your card. ease your sales up again.....And always make new accounts just because it's better than less accounts.

gibsonton 02-27-2010 08:43 AM

From my conversation with Paypal , soon everyone will have to give their SS# for the 2011 Irs reporting .. I had a thread on this but it got moved or delted - not sure if i did something wrong .....also i had thought about giving them a incorrect ss number( i joked about this with the Cr) when they eventually do ask but he said they would pull my credit to verify-which i find hard to belive as the amount they would have spend to pull just a 1 file credit report pn everybody would be through the roof ...

unfortuantemistake 02-28-2010 10:16 PM

Add a new card, and delete the old one?

jamblix 03-01-2010 08:25 AM

How did you manage dodging them from asking your SS# for that long?

ratsbybuster 03-01-2010 10:45 AM

what do you do when they ask for the ss#?

iceplusplus 03-09-2010 06:59 PM

You pray...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsbybuster (Post 126635)
what do you do when they ask for the ss#?

They use SS# to absolutely link you no questions asked to any preexisting accounts.

You can search this site until the cows come home, and you will not find an answer. There is none and it essentially makes the entire thought someone can get you back on EBAY useless.

Essentially, Paypal will eventually ask for your SS#. When they do, if you had a prior account with that SS# and were suspended, you are done if you give it to them.

So the question arises, "What do we all do if we had a prior suspended account and provided SS?" Sell on craiglist I guess.

But as near as I can tell from the folks here, the Aspkin book is useless because of this.:juggle: