eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   bussiness paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/16930-bussiness-paypal-account.html)

bigmac 03-01-2010 09:31 PM

bussiness paypal account

What is the difference between personal and business paypal account do you get hit with limitations as quick can you sell more?
thanks

bigmac 03-03-2010 12:22 PM

does anyone have some advise

NZT 03-03-2010 12:25 PM

I use both personal and business and in my experience I find that I have been limited with both due to what they call "suspicious activity" IE selling a lot of items.

If I think about it the business accounts seem to have a slightly longer life span that the personal but they dont live forever. I assume other members will also have their own thoughts and views on this.

bode 03-03-2010 06:22 PM

My new Paypal account is a business one. The main advantage seems to be that you can add any name or change names to use the account. Paypal are nervous people and don't like you earning too much...too risky for them (pity they don't run the banks).

You would think that they would tolerate a higher amount of earnings based on the business information you supply them ie expected turnover etc. I'm going to warn Paypal next November that Christmas is coming and to expect more money to come into my account. I may encounter a few panic Christmas shoppers who will open disputes. ;)

GreenBean 03-03-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac (Post 126720)
What is the difference between personal and business paypal account do you get hit with limitations as quick can you sell more?
thanks

Any paypal account has the chance of being limited.

Much depends on what is being sold.If I recall other posts of yours, you have 'special' items that you sell. ;) Business would probably be more suitable.
You would need to be well aware of the fact the account will face a limitation.
paypal will ask for information that you should have BEFORE you sell. Don't be a user that races into selling, then gets upset when asked to supply information.
Have it. It's a business after all.
I prefer business for transaction fees & other treats. Then I have paypal on speed dial 'cos I love them so much.:boink:

NZT 03-06-2010 03:53 AM

Good tip

Quote:

Originally Posted by bode (Post 126972)
My new Paypal account is a business one. The main advantage seems to be that you can add any name or change names to use the account. Paypal are nervous people and don't like you earning too much...too risky for them (pity they don't run the banks).

You would think that they would tolerate a higher amount of earnings based on the business information you supply them ie expected turnover etc. I'm going to warn Paypal next November that Christmas is coming and to expect more money to come into my account. I may encounter a few panic Christmas shoppers who will open disputes. ;)

Sounds like a good tip. Do you think contacting them and advising them that you will be selling more will actually give you more credibility?

I can see the logic in this.

It might be useful for me to email them and tell them I have just purchased a large auction clearance lot and will be listing more items. (May keep the dreaded RXI111 message at bay?)

The other part of me says dont contact them unless absolutely necessary, but a good idea none the less.