Had to do a non receipt dispute, then sends me empty envenlope with tracking...what? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%

Update, ok.......the option to change the reason for claim has finally showed up on paypal (and I didnt do anything, I did not contact paypal in anyway). I changed the reason to significantly not as described and it escalated automatically to a claim, not a dispute. What should I do now. Do I wait for paypal to tell me to ship this lovely lady back her envenlope, or should I ship it with tracking right away? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Ship with tracking and provide the tracking number to PP.

Also email PP with the action you have taken and the tracking number again.

Make sure you check the status of the tracking and once confirmed email PP to tell them the status.

You should get your money back.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
needhelpplease (03-19-2010)
Old 03-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Ship with tracking and provide the tracking number to PP.

Also email PP with the action you have taken and the tracking number again.

Make sure you check the status of the tracking and once confirmed email PP to tell them the status.

You should get your money back.
Thanks so much! How do I do that. I never had to return anything as of yet. I want to print the label off paypal. How do I create the label for this situation? Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Printing the label off with Paypal is not important. Just post the item will a tracking service at your post office counter and then provide the details to Paypal.

Also make sure your phone number is up to date as they may call you for more clarification.
needhelpplease (03-19-2010)
Old 03-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if this seller is clever, they may get an independant witness eg. deliverer to stay whilst envelope is opened and give them a note to testify to this....
needhelpplease (03-25-2010)
Old 03-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

phew, if you are right then the help of one of the many CSI teams might be needed to resolve this.
Old 03-20-2010
Threadstarter  

what will a witness do? How is that going to help her in anyway??????
Old 03-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Years ago....when ebay used to allow money orders....I actually prefered to send money order payment rather than having to open a paypal account (I read www.paypalsucks.com)...well the one time the seller tried to pull a "prove it" when I sent a traceable money order and I actually got the cops involved..(later to find out she had 20+ accounts doing this to....the only people that received their stuff was paypal payers).....anyhow, when the cops got involved and contacted her local police station (Philadelphia) all of a sudden I got my stuff 4 days later with tracking/insurance etc. I had a po box at that time and I went to the front and asked if one of the employees could watch me open it since the police were involved and they laughed and said they couldnt get involved in anything like that and sent me on my way. Now, I did have what I purchased so she didnt try anything further...it was almost $200 worth...so I was nervous.....so anyhow if they didnt do it for me why would they do it for her????? Any actually stories of a witness????
Old 03-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quick question: I printed out the label with delivery confirmation, mailed out her envelope. Tracking shows it is in transit. When should I post the conf. # on the paypal page? Should I wait until it shows received?????? So that she cant track it and plan an attack? Or do I have to post the tracking number before it arrives? It will be received at her end prior to my deadline to post a tracking number....thanks!
Old 03-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Post the tracking number now. At Paypal a real person WILL check the info, so if you post the tracking number now then at some stage someone will check it and then the dispute should be decided in your favour.

The only thing that might happen is that the person rejects the item and it comes back to you. If this were the case I would ring Paypal and let them know.

Otherwise you should get your money back!
Old 03-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok Everybody............posted the tracking info the other day.....it was delivered today....and I got my full refund from paypal today! I didnt receive any email from the seller about the empty envelope and I dont know what is going on with that...maybe she realized she got what she deserved....dont know...but I know that the funds ARE back in my paypal account so I am a little happy camper now.....hopefully that will be the end of that. Thanks to all for your help! Could not have done it without you guys! Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Glad it all worked out for you. You did it all right so you got your money back. A lot of the scammers tricks are not very clever and are easily counter-acted.

The good thing is aswell that you will know what to do if there is a next time and you have experienced the process first hand and that is always the best way to learn.

Also others that experience the same problem as you will maybe find this thread and they will benefit aswell.

Well done, Im glad it worked out for you!
needhelpplease (03-27-2010)
Old 05-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
what will a witness do? How is that going to help her in anyway??????
in empty envelope or brick return scenario, the postal carrier who takes your signature, can be envoked to witness you opening it and sign something to say what they saw, if they refuse then you refuse to sign, and have it returned to depot untouched, where you can see manager and ask same thing...
Old 05-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Just read through this thread since oompaloompa bumped it up.
Wow.
Its because crap like this with scam sellers that we are fooling around trying to stay alive.

Sure. I've been slow to ship because I meet some girls on the beach, yes.
I've been rude to buyers because they ordered on Monday and they asked why it wasn't there on Wednesday, yup
I've even flavored up the ad to make a turd look pretty... But an empty envelope with tracking? From a power seller? No wonder its so bloody hard these days. Me, $500 or $5, someone sends me an empty envelope with tracking and I'm taking them down. Full on war.

I've been burned by sellers with bad service or a crap item. But this is just low budget
Old 05-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Just read through this thread since oompaloompa bumped it up.
Wow.
Its because crap like this with scam sellers that we are fooling around trying to stay alive.

Sure. I've been slow to ship because I meet some girls on the beach, yes.
I've been rude to buyers because they ordered on Monday and they asked why it wasn't there on Wednesday, yup
I've even flavored up the ad to make a turd look pretty... But an empty envelope with tracking? From a power seller? No wonder its so bloody hard these days. Me, $500 or $5, someone sends me an empty envelope with tracking and I'm taking them down. Full on war.

I've been burned by sellers with bad service or a crap item. But this is just low budget
LOL! I agree with you! I have been on ebay for YEARS so I am used to the norm. If I order something from my same country and even 2 weeks go by, I dont freak out yet. If I need something immedietly, I dont go to ebay to get it because I dont expect to have it within a few days. That makes for the times that I do get my items in a few days a nice experience! But anyhow.....if someone ever is in the same situation that happened to me (and yes I am sure something similar will or has happened to alot of us). The steps in short are as follows: try and contact the seller via ebay email a few times, then request their phone number through the ebay request member info option and give them a call, if none of this proves success, then do a not received dispute because it could be an honest mistake, family issue, loss of internet etc. and I would give anybody the benefit of the doubt with good feedback. If you are faced with the "empty envenlope" trick, wait about a week and the option to change the dispute will show up. Then you can return their lovely gift to you and paypal will give you your money back. Although it is a process, it is one with a good ending, so it is worth it! Thanks again to EVERYONE for their help. The only way I was able to have success with this is because of the people who helped! Thanks!
Old 05-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If I order something from my same country and even 2 weeks go by, I dont freak out yet.
I do miss customers like that. I so do

Quote:
If you are faced with the "empty envenlope" trick, wait about a week
Not a chance would I give a week. One day at most. Not talking about damage or a normal mistake. An empty envelope, with tracking, and the tracking is big deal, is all scam. I am all forgiving. We have all screwed up. But an empty envelope? No way. Ok, 48 hours. I have only had to do a couple chargebacks in 8 years. I go way out of my way to work it out. I know the damage it does so its not a light issue. I never use my balance. Always CC. Always. Then paypal can kiss my ass on "allowing" me to change back. Visa will, no matter what paypal says. Hell 4 5 months later with a phone call... Period, done.

Quote:
The only way I was able to have success with this is because of the people who helped! Thanks!
If I read correctly, that is the only way it worked for you. Sounds like seller had no plan to do anything and just lost. So congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post

Odds are very strong that their account will be locked in a few weeks or even immediately.
I have often wondered if competitors do this. Its a cut throat world we live in. We know what gets us burned. Easy to burn others. Kinda scary really.
Scary

Last edited by pod; 05-09-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

yes, actually the conversation got side tracked a bit, the OP got an emply envelope...

then we started talking about if you return the emply envelope and the seller is clever and gets a witness.....

or maybe if you think you will get an empty envelope/brick, eg a return from a scammer buyer..

scammers are tricky, its good to know how to handle them if you can with these methods, youve listed alot of good ones and play them at there own game, dont say anything by email, just remember tracking is the key............

I wouldnt personally start making accounts in their name etc, thats them victimizing you more, by wasting your time.........

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-09-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I do miss customers like that. I so do

Not a chance would I give a week. One day at most. Not talking about damage or a normal mistake. An empty envelope, with tracking, and the tracking is big deal, is all scam. I am all forgiving. We have all screwed up. But an empty envelope? No way. Ok, 48 hours. I have only had to do a couple chargebacks in 8 years. I go way out of my way to work it out. I know the damage it does so its not a light issue. I never use my balance. Always CC. Always. Then paypal can kiss my ass on "allowing" me to change back. Visa will, no matter what paypal says. Hell 4 5 months later with a phone call... Period, done.

If I read correctly, that is the only way it worked for you. Sounds like seller had no plan to do anything and just lost. So congrats!

I have often wondered if competitors do this. Its a cut throat world we live in. We know what gets us burned. Easy to burn others. Kinda scary really.
Scary

When I said "wait about a week....." I was referring to the fact that it takes about a week for the "change reason for dispute" option to show up. See when you open an NOT RECEIVED dispute, and the seller sends ANYTHING with confirmation, once the DC shows delivered paypal gives them their money and closes the dispute THE SAME DAY. Pretty much END OF STORY....however in about a week, there will be an option that shows up saying "change reason for dispute" in which case you can now change it to "not as described" and return their oh-so-lovely-try gift back to them and now what happened to you will happen to them.....DC shows delivered and you get YOUR funds back SAME DAY. I only suggested waiting the week for the option to change because I am so careful as to actually contacting ebay/paypal for anything. I dont want any physical person actually checking out my stealth account for my own sanity reasons,lol!