eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Bank account details help (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/17152-bank-account-details-help.html)

eternity4u 03-12-2010 07:42 AM

Bank account details help

Hi

does the bank address need to match with the ebay address, i know the name does, but what about the address, are paypal only intrested with the sort code and account numbers?

philly387 03-12-2010 10:34 AM

Paypal only cares about the account/sort code numbers. There is no place when you sign up with paypal to enter any name/address for the banking information. And when you open a bank account, you MUST use all of your real information.

stillconfused 03-13-2010 06:04 AM

Doesn't Paypal ask for the name on the bank account. I thought they would need that for the deposits?

I haven't opened a paypal account in years so I can't remember.

And if they don't need the name to make the deposits, then why can't we just supply account numbers and BSB (branch) numbers to customers without revealing our account names?

GreenBean 03-13-2010 07:04 AM

@stillconfused Aye, paypal ask for the name of the bank account. They also tell users certain things about the name. :rolleyes:

The answer to the second part of your post is specific to Australian banking only.
Australian banks like to have a name on a deposit. It relates to ensuring the monies go to the correct account. It is also a bluff....an attempt to get people to conform to requirements. On my OZ paypals still going, I use ridiculous names for bank transfers: overall the bank(s) just accept the deposit.:rolleyes:

stillconfused 03-14-2010 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 128306)
@stillconfused Aye, paypal They also tell users certain things about the name.

Not sure what you mean by this GreenBean, could you please elaborate a little....

Quote:

The answer to the second part of your post is specific to Australian banking only.
Australian banks like to have a name on a deposit. It relates to ensuring the monies go to the correct account. It is also a bluff....an attempt to get people to conform to requirements.

By bluffing, do you mean that you don't need to put a name. If I just gave a customer my account number and BSB number, would they be able deposit into that account.

Quote:

On my OZ paypals still going, I use ridiculous names for bank transfers: overall the bank(s) just accept the deposit.:rolleyes:

I gather this is into a Australian bank account?

Also, are you referring to the name on the bank account, or the name used as a reference for the transfer?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm limited in what I can use as "new" names for bank accounts.

GreenBean 03-14-2010 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillconfused (Post 128451)
Not sure what you mean by this GreenBean, could you please elaborate a little....

paypal has a message that the name of the paypal account must match the name on the bank account. Not the case.

Quote:

By bluffing, do you mean that you don't need to put a name. If I just gave a customer my account number and BSB number, would they be able deposit into that account.
A name is needed & they 'suggest' it be the real name. To ensure funds get to the account the deposit is better to have a name as well as BSB & account no#

Quote:

I gather this is into a Australian bank account?
Also, are you referring to the name on the bank account, or the name used as a reference for the transfer?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm limited in what I can use as "new" names for bank accounts.
The real name of the bank account is not seen by paypal. My paypal name matches initials of bank name. For the transfer reference I've put 3 Little Pigs & The Moon Jumping Cow. That reference is for you & at a long shot if a trace needed to be done for the deposit. 99% of transactions will go thro'.

stillconfused 03-15-2010 12:42 AM

Thanks GreenBean, this is really helpful.

There is sooooo much I don't know, and soooo many ways I could stuff up.

I have reading on the Whirlpool forum that you need only attach a CC to your paypal account and not a bank account. But that will limit your account, which is fine if you have several and don't sell too much on any one account.

Is this the same for your ebay account?

GreenBean 03-15-2010 07:43 PM

Whirlpool should stick to giving advice about broadband,ISPs and other stuff. Some stuff on that is grossly inaccurate.

Wth would a user attach only a CC & risk a limitation. Have one account or have more, nobody wants to be limited.

Procedure is to create paypal account in same name as ebay account.
Attach CC to confirm
Attach bank account to become verified ( really handy to get funds:rolleyes)
Create ebay account with matching info & link the paypal....bearing in mind IPs phone numbers# need to be worked out as well & cookies