Need Help With Paypal!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-29-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Need Help With Paypal!!

Hello all! What an awesome forum for us victims of eBay/paypal facism..LOL!
I have opened a few accounts over the past several months with limited success. My problem has not been eBay but Paypal! I have followed all the steps.. virtual cards, new bank, diff name, p.o box ip, cookies. Each time my Paypal account has been limited quicker and quicker, and I no idea why.:( I would greatly appreciate any ideas/help, as Paypal seems to be the only option to truly be successful on eBay Regards, Marissa
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by maris23 View Post
I have opened a few accounts over the past several months with limited success. My problem has not been eBay but Paypal! I have followed all the steps.. virtual cards, new bank, diff name, p.o box ip, cookies. Each time my Paypal account has been limited quicker and quicker, and I no idea why.:( I would greatly appreciate any ideas/help, as Paypal seems to be the only option to truly be successful on eBay Regards, Marissa
1) PO box raises a red flag for Paypal
2) Did you change your name (first, last?)
3) Eventually they will require you to enter your SSN, what are you going to do then?

Better to use Google Checkout or your own merchant account than risk it.
Old 03-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Need help with Paypal

Yes I did change my 1'st name... had more success when I provided just a p.o box and not a box/⊗⊗⊗⊗ address combo. Maybe I should have waited longer before selling, and I am sure buying the 1 cent auctions allerted Paypal
Old 03-29-2007

Quote:
Hey, PAYPAL will limit your account if your a new signup no matter what as soon as money starts flowing into your account they will limit it.I mean I guess it does makes sense. Look would I signed up with shady info, sold a bunch of merchaindise they withdrawl it from paypal and sent nothing then disappeared, that means paypal will take the loss and I'll be rich as hell. That was what alot of scammers was doing back in the early days and thats why paypal are limiting new accounts. So do yourself a favor and just get a merchant account. https://support.merchantplus.com/partners/idevaffiliate.php?id=1040_5_1_5paypal is only good for digital goods. So don't take it personal, it just business. To a certain extent I dont mind paypal limiting accounts to protect us from scammers but we should not get our money held. If anybody and everyone opens shady accounts that means your going to get scammed and then your going to be on another forum talking about how you got scammed. Paypal should ask for all that BS info before we open our account or during the process.
Old 03-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Need help with Paypal

Yes I do have a merchant account, Bidpay, auction checkout etc.. the merchant link you provided has very high fees imo. The fact is most eBay-ers love Paypal! I am just looking for ideas to possibly reduce the chances of "limited access" on my new Paypal accounts.. hey, I'll try anything once..LOL
Marisa
Old 03-29-2007

Quote:
Yes I do have a merchant account, Bidpay, auction checkout etc.. the merchant link you provided has very high fees imo. The fact is most eBay-ers love Paypal! I am just looking for ideas to possibly reduce the chances of "limited access" on my new Paypal accounts.. hey, I'll try anything once..LOL
Marisa
You would rather deal with paypal BS rather then pay a set low fee per month? HAHA Good luck.
marisa, only scammers and complainers love paypal because they can complain about anything and get money back. Scammers love it too becuse they can scam you easy. BELIEVE me not havig a pypal will not reduce your sales. i was selling for 3 months just taking checks and money orders with 0FEEDBACK for about a month and I was still pulling in a grand a week. Dont get into that mindset like paypal is the best thing ever for sellers because its not. I think paypal and ebay brainedwashed sellers. Oh and you keep getting limited by paypal so you can give that up!
Old 03-29-2007

Merchant account can't accept payment from international though. THat is the bad side of merchant account. Paypal can take international payment.
Old 03-29-2007

paypal will 100% OF THE TIME limit new opened account once you receive volume fund. You cannot avoid the limit, and there's no way around it.

there, you must prepare your documents ahead of time to lift the limit. you need real address, real name, SSN, invoices, driver license, ulitility bills.
Old 03-29-2007

Ultity bill is not under my new identity's name.
Old 03-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by make0moneyonebay View Post
Merchant account can't accept payment from international though. THat is the bad side of merchant account. Paypal can take international payment.
Well really you dont want to accept international payments anyway because they are A HIGH RISK FOR FRAUD. But if you choose to do they do accept international payments..

What is your policy regarding international shipping and transactions?

Due to the high risk of fraud and chargebacks on international shipping of merchandise, MerchantPlus requests that its merchants be especially careful when shipping internationally. If you will be shipping internationally, please contact a MerchantPlus representative for suggestions on how to help protect yourself from fraud. Remember, if you are shipping any kind of product within the U.S. or internationally, MerchantPlus recommends using delivery confirmation.
Old 04-17-2007

I've had an opposite experience. International sales is where I get higher prices. Sure there is more paperwork but I've found it worth the effort. I have found that as long as you ship with a tracking number, most buyers don't try to commit fraud. However, recently I've found that apparently tracking numbers aren't quite as fool proof as I was originally led to believe. For this reason, I may be requiring international money orders in the future. We'll see.
Old 04-17-2007

Modee, from what I've been told by paypal recently, seller protection for the UK is not included in that. Only US and Canada. This is different from what I was told before. I am looking into it further.

How do you send for smaller items internationally? Still bank wire only, or airmail or ??
Old 04-17-2007

Longevity: 98%

How much can someone receive and withdraw before it triggers the limit?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2007

Longevity: 98%

If I receive a single lump sum like $400 does that matter versus getting five payments of $50 each? Which would get limited faster?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2007
Threadstarter  

Could a Merchant account be used on multiple eBay accounts? Meaning if one eBay account gets suspended, could I attach the same Merchant account to my next eBay account? Also, would using a merchant account rather than paypal raise a flag on your account, because we all know FeeBay wants us paying through paypal.
Old 02-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Need Help With Paypal!!

Stop it Brian. Find another way to get your post count up or they'll ban you.
Old 02-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Stop it Brian. Find another way to get your post count up or they'll ban you.
And he is gone
Old 02-13-2019

Longevity: 31%

I gotta say,I'm intrigued by this whole merchant account thing myself. Would a LLC work with a merchant account? I'm not a big fan of paypal as of late. Just opened a new stealth pp and was temp limited after one $25 sale. They want photo i.d..not happening. Now if the account had some age and stuff like that then maybe I'd pay to have it done to remove the limit but..
Old 02-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcheeze45 View Post
I gotta say,I'm intrigued by this whole merchant account thing myself. Would a LLC work with a merchant account? I'm not a big fan of paypal as of late. Just opened a new stealth pp and was temp limited after one $25 sale. They want photo i.d..not happening. Now if the account had some age and stuff like that then maybe I'd pay to have it done to remove the limit but..

Merchant accounts can no longer by used on eBay. They stopped letting sellers add merchant accounts in January, and any sellers currently using one are being forced to remove it by March of 2019.

They're still good for running a business but as far as using a merchant account for eBay payments, that ship has sailed.
Old 02-13-2019

What about this Adzen?
Just to be clear..so paypal is the only way to accept payments on ebay ?
Old 02-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Paypal or Adyen are the only ways now.

Adyen is "ebay managed payments" and is currently invite only.
Old 02-13-2019

Oh ok. I was currently going through steps to set up adyen..or so I thought.