brand new PayPal account limited...haha - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default brand new PayPal account limited...haha

I can't believe this. I made a brand new PayPal account yesterday as a backup account. I have about half a dozen right now of them. Anyways, that new account, all new information, etc. was limited within 12 hours of being created, stating they detected "unusual activity" that was "high risk". The usual crap. What's funny, is that I never even received a payment on this account yet ...how can that be high risk? High risk because I added a bank account and verified the card? :D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-04-2007

Longevity: 95%

exactly, always ad the card first- what harm does losing a gift account due? A bank account? much more difficult
Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have dozens of bank accounts to waste, not to worry there. But the funny thing is they consider it high risk after verified a card and added a bank account.
Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think they're just randomly screening new accounts. On this one, without even processing a single sale, they asked me for passport, ID card and a utility bill. with the number of new accounts they get per day (I heard its in the thousands), they probably random select some accounts and whack them.
Old 12-04-2007

I got one with $2k in it-- i just kno the end result- actually was hoping for the email last week- to get it over + done with... after i resolved all items, now they want 2 months statements from my cc + bank acct, then recd email last nite- now want explanation of monies i wired out with no goods chosen... what was the mdse/service? what is you relationship to that party? did you receive the goods? we are gathering as much info as possible to restore your acct asap.....
Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think the trick is just to let the accounts sit 30 days before doing anything. That way you're past the newbie screening system. That's just from my experience. And wire out funds every 2-3 days, leave only $100-$150 in it, an amount I can afford to lose.
Old 12-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Most new Paypal accounts are limited initially.

The reason you were limited was because your IP address.

Either you're using a proxy, or you're changing your IP a lot between logins. Paypal doesn't like that.
Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That's strange. Most of my PayPal accounts can process thousands before they're ever limited. One account I made last week has processed almost $900 this week and withdrawn all but $100 of it. Not limited. But this one I only registered it...one day after, wham! Limited.

I think one thing may be the cause of it, I put the email address wrong twice while logging in, mis-spelled an 'a' with a 's' and so on, only small mistakes. I assume that flagged my IP and limited the account I logged in after with that IP.
Old 12-04-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
I got one with $2k in it-- i just kno the end result- actually was hoping for the email last week- to get it over + done with... after i resolved all items, now they want 2 months statements from my cc + bank acct, then recd email last nite- now want explanation of monies i wired out with no goods chosen... what was the mdse/service? what is you relationship to that party? did you receive the goods? we are gathering as much info as possible to restore your acct asap.....
Dont take the BS from paypal. All you got to do is file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General in your state, also inform the internet fraud website..Ic3u or something like that and watch how fast they restore your account. And tell them you want interest on your money too..

Dont take the BS .paypal is just making you jump through hoops to keep your money
Old 12-04-2007

How can you make a new paypal account if you have a new identity on ebay?

If i make a new paypal account i can go get a new bank account etc..

but this stuff has to always be my real name.
Old 12-04-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

the info on the Paypal account doesn't have to be real, though.
Old 12-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINSTROLMASTER View Post
How can you make a new paypal account if you have a new identity on ebay?

If i make a new paypal account i can go get a new bank account etc..

but this stuff has to always be my real name.
I can sell you a disposable usa bank account to verify your paypal. Just sign up using your real name and a variation of your address that will still get there. Then verify your account and have them mail you the checks until 60 days later you can apply for there ATM debit car and withdraw that way.
Old 12-04-2007

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Dont take the BS from paypal. All you got to do is file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General in your state, also inform the internet fraud website..Ic3u or something like that and watch how fast they restore your account. And tell them you want interest on your money too..

Dont take the BS .paypal is just making you jump through hoops to keep your money
I've done the ic3u site for whenever someone in the USA does credit card fraud on me. I'll have things like delivery confirmation to their address, their IP, etc. but nothing ever comes of it.
Old 12-06-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This is weird as hell. I didn't care anymore about this account so I just sent them the answer that I was the victim of identity fraud several times before and that I would not send them the passport copy, ID card copy and utility bill for that reason. Now I got this email from PayPal:

Quote:
Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXX,

We understand that your PayPal account may have been temporarily limited due to questions or concerns by our Account Review team. Thank you very much for your cooperation during this process. We are pleased that your account has now been reinstated.

As part of PayPal's Commitment to excellence, we would like to ask you to take just a few minutes to answer questions about PayPal's account limitation process.

To respond to our survey, please click on the web address below. If that does not work, please cut and paste the entire web address into the address field of your browser.

NOTE: Please respond within five days. After 5 days, this invitation will expire.

(link removed)

Thank you for your feedback and continued business with PayPal!

Sincerely,
PayPal Customer Support
Re-instated? WTF!!!!!!! :D
Old 12-06-2007

yeah f-ing weird. and congrats lol.

i also have a story but about ebay.

one day they limit me for 7 days. (i have 3 other accounts under the same name, so i dont use them as it says not to). so after the 7 days they limit all accounts and suspend the main one for 12 months.

i email going wtf.
their reply is that you had trademark infringement and now you are banned.

me: i was limited for 7 days...

ebay: oh right, um ok, well you are banned because you used your other accounts

me: *thinking - ****, why i cant be this stupid* so i went over alllll my logs and checked all msgs, and no i wasnt using the accounts. so i emailed back saying to reinstate..

few days ago all reinstated.

basically moral is, keep sending them msgs, because the employees there are dumb as **** and don't really give a crap about you.
Old 12-11-2007

cant believe it- almost a month later--recd this email just 5 mins ago--service@paypal.com Your PayPal Account Access Has Been Restored‏ 9:53 PM 2 KB