eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can I check someone's info on their Paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/18414-can-i-check-someones-info-their-paypal.html)

SimplyComplex 05-09-2010 01:21 AM

Can I check someone's info on their Paypal?

So I've got a purchase that's direct, not on EBay, Amazon, etc. It's solid, I *sort* of know the person(online only), but it's a fairly large transaction(nothing fatally large, but I don't want to be scammed).
As far as I know, he's not well versed in stealth. This is his only account.

He's sent me a few too many weird messages checking up and as made me suspicious.
I've already sent him stuff which he bought off of me. Payed, etc. What I'm wondering is if I can check and see the name and street address he gave me last time matches his Paypal info.

It's a noob+ question, and I'm sort of embarrassed to have to even ask, lol. But I've never dealt with Paypal stuff directly and just use EBay.
I suspect I can do this, but I don't know how. My search on Google did not provide any useful info.

Vicvelcro 05-09-2010 01:35 AM

There is a way to check the basic profile of a Paypal user. I can't remember where the link is located on the Paypal site, though. If you search Paypal, you'll find it. I've used it in the past to check on my other selves.

It tells you when the Paypal account was registered, if it is or is not verified, and some other statistics which I don't recall. It may include address, personal or business website (if there is one), and customer service phone number.

SimplyComplex 05-11-2010 07:17 AM

I don't see anything that has street address. That was why I asked here. It wasn't out of laziness, I did look, I just don't see.
If someone happens to know what menu, etc? I know Paypal has disappearing, reappearing buttons, and I just don't see this.

oge 05-11-2010 09:38 AM

Yes it seems on that transaction he clicked the no shipping info button. To do as Vic was saying you will need to click the send money button and then enter his paypal email address then it will show his verified symbol you can click on it but I don't how much info it will tell you.